Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair Anorexia

Length
    22 in/29 in/35
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Default Hair Anorexia

Does a one else experience this? I look at my my hair and it seems thin. It is no thinner than it has ever been really. I just measured pony tail thickness and it is roughly 3 in. Last time I measured it was 2.75 but I grew out my bangs so they are included now. I thought I was waist length but I am actually an inch past that but it seems short to me. I will be at hip in 2 inches at (32 in) and TB at 35 in. All you lovely haired ladies and gents seem to have thick, luscious locks. Mine looks longer in photos than when I look in mirror. Are we our own worst critics? I recently seen a woman with a pony tail no thicker than my little finger and felt mine was thick until I saw another lady with half her hair braided and that braid was 4 times thicker than my whole head of hair.

Default Re: Hair Anorexia

Wow, what can I say. I'm down to just a tad over 3" but I usually have 4"+. Shedding. Kinda traumatic. Now I feel extreme hairexia, yes, especially when I walk into this shop and see this Japanese woman with a 5"+ ponytail, if not 6". Like a coke bottle. My punytail is ridiculous in comparison. So I do the shopping as quick as I can (not that I wear a punytail anyway, it's in a bun), pay and get the hell out of that hellhole of a shop, and promise to myself to never return because she must live nearby and I don't want to bump into her anyone with a 5"+ ponytail anymore.

So hard!!
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence.

Length
    Pixie/Pixie/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Yup, I do it too. I look back at pictures before I cut it and think "Wow! It was actually pretty long!" I would cut it because it seemed like it wasn't long and was taking way too long to grow. (Yes, I know that logic seems very silly. It is. That's how I think, though, unfortunately.)
    Same with thickness. At the time it seemed so thin to me and I would cut it more blunt to try to get more volume. Then I would look back at the pics and, yep, you guessed it...my hair seemed really thick in the pics!
    I have a really distorted view of my own hair. It sucks.
    The Wild Beast From The Land of Hair That Cannot Be Tamed
    Pixie - Chin- Shoulder - APL - BSL - Waist - TBL

Length
    22 in/29 in/35
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Exactly how it seems. I will continue to grow it even if all I have is 2 hairs and some air

Length
    SL+/apl/bsl
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii

My thickness is around 3.25 inches. I'm a bit obsessed with trimming my hair, because my ends always seem thin (I've lost some thickness too, it was around 3.5 without bangs before) and I really need volume to make my face look good. I've been stuck at a bit below shoulder for at least a year and a half. I'm really happy with it after a trim, but a week later it seems thinner to me.

I went to look at braids thread here. Mostly people with ii-iii and iii hair, and I think how my braids will newer look that way. And when I run finger through my hair it also feels really thin. I doesn't look thin in the pictures right now, and sometimes not even when I look in the mirror, but I would still trim to get thicker ends, if my hair wasn't really short as it is.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    26/29/32
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I thought I had ridiculously thin hair and when I signed up on here I typed it as i just assuming that I was the thinnest. But when I actually measured my ponytail I was 2.5in and that wasnt even including my bangs. Still on the thin side of normal, but certainly not as thin as I imagined.

Length
    17/23/29
    Type
    3c/C/iii

I think being on LHC is guaranteed to make anyone think they don't have much hair.
    But IRL how many people do you know with hair down to their knees that's 6 inches circumference?

Length
    CB/WL/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Me too my ponytail is just hardly over 3 inches without bangs, they are almost grown out though. I tried bumble and bumble thickening conditioner for the first time today (I'm currently CO). If there's such thing as a miracle product, this is definitely it! I paired it with bumble and bumble prep spray, and then chi keratin silk infusions. Maybe it was a combo of the three but I just added the two bumble and bumble products. I don't blow dry or use heat but I still like the prep spray. My hair isn't actually thicker i don't think, but it looks quite a bit fuller and more voluminous, appearing thicker. I like it, it's a bit pricey but once I'm done with this bottle I will know if its worth it in the long run! The prep spray kinda smells like classic kindergarten glue/paste, which is a bit worrisome, I don't know why anything for hair would smell like that...

Length
    ~21/31/HL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I'd call that "hair dysmorphia"
    | CBL | SL | BSL | MBL | WL+ | HL |

Length
    18/31.5/tlb
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

My ponytail I was about 3.3'', beefore. But I've shed a lot in spring and then after antibiotics, I had to take, and now it's only 2.6''(( But I'm hoping to grow them back.