View Poll Results: How paranoid are you about damaging your hair?

Voters
531. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Not paranoid at all!

48 9.04%

82 15.44%
  • 3 - Moderately paranoid

208 39.17%

123 23.16%
  • 5 - I am obsessively paranoid about damaging my hair!

88 16.57%
  • Cheese!

20 3.77%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: How paranoid are you about damage?

Length
    Buzz/Pixie/Happy
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Exclamation How paranoid are you about damage?

Since I started my hair growth journey, I've become increasingly paranoid about damaging my hair since the bleach incident. I'm trying to retain as much length as possible with ends that were my roots when I chopped everything off. I do everything in my power to keep my fragile ends safe.
    How paranoid are you?
    Just trying to get by

Default Re: How paranoid are you about damage?

I said moderately paranoid. I think now that I am really trying to care for my hair, I am much more conscious of my hair all the time. For example, I always move my braid over my shoulder when I sit in a chair because I don't want to trap my braid between my back and the chair. I also sometimes feel guilty if I do something slightly damaging, even if it will make no difference in the long run, like doing my hair in a few styles and taking them down before I find one that I want to leave in for the day. So, yeah, I suppose I fret about mechanical damage more than I should, but it's not taking over my life or anything.

Currently at hip ~ Trimming out layers and damage ~ Growing until my braid tassle tickles my pony's back when riding.

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

I feel uncomfortable letting my hair be loose during the day. Mostly because it seems to be so short. I've also read too much about loose hair getting damaged.

Length
    12/26/36
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I'd vote moderately paranoid, too. I do things like moving my hair over my shoulder when sitting, because I don't like having it trapped between my back and the chair. Also I have it in a bun more often than loose during the day, and braided at night, to avoid mechanical damage.
    But I'm not obsessive about it either, and occasional damage to my hair doesn't freak me out, as long as it's not excessive.
    1a/b-F-ii ~ Chin > Shoulder > APL+ > BSL > Waist > Hip > Tailbone

Length
    Chin/BSL/Term
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii

I voted, not paranoid at all! I do take good care of my hair nowadays, but I don't worry about it. I only wear my hair up because when I do certain things they tend to bother me, I let them down when I went out or not doing anything too physical. Besides, my hair seems to prefer benign neglect rather than over-babying. Basic hair routine is all it needs.
    Haven't updated my avatar in awhile, maybe soon.

Resident metalhead RavennaNight's Avatar
    Length
    bob/35/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

I voted moderately-obsessively, meaning "4." This is because I used to not be so much, but recently I bought a satin pillowcase and have been wearing it up more to protect from damage, so I guess I am migrating in the "paranoid" direction.

grumpy moon princess millyaulait's Avatar
    Type
    1b/M/ii

When I first started growing I was quite worried about damage, but now after a few years I've noticed that even with dyeing my hair it just needs a little bit of love to bring it back to health again. It might feel horrible for the first few days but after my usual routine kicks in my hair seems perfectly fine and healthy.

The only thing I really worry about is breakage, I don't even know how I would get it given my routine, but I am scared of getting that 'halo' or a line of breakage. Lots of tiny hairs just sticking out all broken, agh! I guess most of my paranoia comes with brushing and ponytails.

{
    maintaining waist
    & wishing for waves }

Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

Not at all. I don't see any point in having long hair, if I can't enjoy it, or if it's going to be inconvenient. I use a hairdryer if the weather's cold, or if I'm in a hurry, I don't bother about shampoo ingredients (because I've tried lots of "natural" and organic shampoos and conditioners, and they made absolutely no difference to the appearance or feel of my hair)
    If I wanted to use straighteners I would. I don't because I don't want straight hair...
    I do keep my hair in two braids around the house, but thats just habit, I've been doing that since I was about ten.

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

I don't see how treating my hair nicely by not ripping a comb through it or wearing it up is being paranoid.

From zero to hero

All posts are made as a regular member unless they are in modbold.

Length
    16/30/50
    Type
    1b/F/i

I voted 4 because I have become more aware of damaging my hair and it being so fine and needing extra care. guess I will calm down when I see some results of my nurturing.