Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Everyone's hair and a thought

Account Closed by Member Request
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Default Everyone's hair and a thought

Hi everyone. I've just been reading away on the hair board and noticed a trend of sorts over the years. Most of the time when people post pics of their hair there is always a negative description. Not totally negative but things said like it looks such and such a way. I just wanted to say most of the time I've seen pics you all have great hair! I never notice any of the stuff people mention.

This is just my way of encouraging you all that your hair is beautiful! Be proud of it and continue taking great care of it. I really enjoy the update pics and new growth etc pics. Love your hair and don't be so critical of it.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Default Re: Everyone's hair and a thought

Good point. And I'm guilty of this

I guess it's a bit like being comfortable with any part of your body. It's very hard, and especially when you are always looking at other beautiful images (ie the glorious hair on these boards). It's hair anorexia isn't it?

I am trying to be less self-critical though. It gets better with age

LHC member for 17 years and ALWAYS learning!.....♥ Currently growing out silver again

Length
    SHLDR/SHLDR/?
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I'm guilty of it too. If I get a hair compliment here, it's my automatic reponse to say 'yeah, but...' especially when I think the other person's hair is nicer than mine in some way.

We should all celebrate our hair!

Kerry xx
    Does my hair really look like that from the back?
    Hermione Granger - Prisoner of Azkaban

Length
    BSL/hips/hips
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Good post. I must say though that I've come a long way in accepting and liking my hair. I used to moan about it all the time but now I just ignore it. LOL.

“Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.” Calvin and Hobbes

Length
    21"/32.5"/30-34
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

I'm also guilty of this (i'm pretty sure i am!)
    And yes, people! YOUR HAIR IS BEAUTIFUL!
    Such a lovely thought and thread to start!
    ...Our hairs are just like the rings of a tree, they tell a story of what they have been through
    ...[me]
    old hair journal - pb - Lady Teesha, Minikin of Joy! OZ's where R U?

Length
    Pixie/46.90/Even
    Type
    2a/M/C/ii/iii

Great beautyfull words! I think it's true two! We are our worst judjes... We see things that to other people don't exist.

Thank you! That did make a sense on my day!
    Little Bird... Where will the future lead my hair?...
    Growing long hair since September 2004
    My Hair Site - My Pictures - My Songs

Length
    16/38/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

What a nice thread to start. I agree that we are too critical of ourselves, I guess it's just human nature. Even now I'm agreeing with you on everyone else's hair being so beautiful and still thinking mine is too fine and thin!
    CBL/APL/BSL​/MBL/Waist/Hip/TBL

Account Closed by Member Request
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Yeah! Thanks for joining in and celebrating your hair.

Friend of the Semicolon florenonite's Avatar
    Length
    SL/MBL/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/iii

This is very true. People compliment my hair, and I think "but it's too short, it's too frizzy, to straight, too wavy, etc." It's like that children's book ("Old Hat, New Hat", or some such thing) where the main character wants a new hat, but they're all too short, too tall, too spotty, too stripy, etc. He eventually ends up choosing his old hat over all the ones in the store.
    Lady Nehalennia of the Mirrored-Seas in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

SL / APL / SBL / MBL / WL / HIP / BCL / TB

Length
    15/21/30
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Chrissy, you are so right. I for one need some sense knocking into my BEAUTIFUL-HAIR-covered-head! In a way I think that society has made us believe that we must always refuse compliments -"no, no, this old thing?" - and that being pleased with your appearance means that you are shallow and vain, and it's just not true! We should feel proud of ourselves, and our own unique beauty, and celebrate when our hair is looking amazing (after all, we put so much care into it!).

I hope in future I can learn to take compliments in the spirit they were given, as someone's truthful opinion and feel flattered, and that others take mine in the same way.

Also, I would just like to mention how much I love the sisterhood (and brotherhood!) feeling of the LHC. I find that a lot of girls of my generation see each other as rivals, and even some friends will publicly put you down. I love and am so grateful that here everyone is very supportive of others, and that all different kinds of beautiful hair are celebrated for being that, instead of conforming to one image. Long live beautiful hair!

Brilliant thread Chrissy