Page 52 of 68 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Is Your Hair Idol/Inspiration?

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Who was/is your long hair inspiration?

Quote Originally Posted by Eireann View Post
    I love her show!!
    I do too!! She said on youtube not long ago that she's growing her hair out long to donate it to a children's charity. She said she's going to let it grow 5 more inches then she's going to donate it. I'm guessing that she's going to let it grow classic length. Because, her hair is hip length now.

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by zashin66 View Post
    There are so many wonderful heads of hair. Crystal Gail and Cher and ZZTop
    Oh yeah!!! I also love Crystal Gail and Cher too!! You also forgot Jane Seymour too

Length
    3 inc/62 “/74”
    Type
    2a/2b/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by gossamer View Post
    Thanks zashin66, that's very kind of you to say.
    Lady Shannon
    Dragon Longhaired Knights
    Cairehre Mountains

Length
    3 inc/62 “/74”
    Type
    2a/2b/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Dark40 View Post
    Oh yeah!!! I also love Crystal Gail and Cher too!! You also forgot Jane Seymour too
    Absolutely love Jane Seymour. Did you ever see her hair in the Scarlett Pimpernel? I adore that movie.
    Lady Shannon
    Cairehre Mountains

Length
    3 inc/62 “/74”
    Type
    2a/2b/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Starrydandelion View Post
    littlestarface, you underestimate how lovely your hair looks to others. Your waves are beautiful and I'm always amazed at how shiny and full your hair looks (and your length, of course ). Everything paired together is really impressive.
    Totally agree
    Lady Shannon
    Cairehre Mountains

Length
    36/30/n/a
    Type
    2a/M/iii

There was a girl in my high school who was a couple of years ahead of me who had dark, thick, perfect waist-length hair that I really admired. One time she had a couple of inches cut off and I actually yelled at her! I had no tact in those days. My mom always told me I couldn't grow mine out because it was too thick and wavy. I loved her and I miss her every day, but she was really wrong about that. (It's somewhat thick and a little bit wavy.) I was well into my 20s before I started growing it the first time.

Length
    ChL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lithostoic View Post
    Cute/badass anime girls! Specifically, Seras from Hellsing Ultimate c:
    I thought Seras Victoria had short hair?

I Love Integra's hair though!

ChL-SL-APL-BSL-MBL-WL-HBL-TBL ........

"When it rains, everything grows..."

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by zashin66 View Post
    Absolutely love Jane Seymour. Did you ever see her hair in the Scarlett Pimpernel? I adore that movie.
    Me too. No, I never have gotten the chance to see her hair or that movie. I'm gonna have to check it out. Did you see her hair Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman? That was my favorite show! I have just about all of the seasons on DVD.

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenbirds View Post
    There was a girl in my high school who was a couple of years ahead of me who had dark, thick, perfect waist-length hair that I really admired. One time she had a couple of inches cut off and I actually yelled at her! I had no tact in those days. My mom always told me I couldn't grow mine out because it was too thick and wavy. I loved her and I miss her every day, but she was really wrong about that. (It's somewhat thick and a little bit wavy.) I was well into my 20s before I started growing it the first time.
    Hey! My story is similar to yours. There was this girl I was friends with at my high school that HL curly thick hair, and itwas dark and thick. She was 3 years ahead of me. I also admired her hair as well. The year we met her hair was very curly, and during her senior year she decided to get it chemically relaxed or straightened. With her hair being very curly like 3b I figured that it could stretch out to being butt length or classic length with it being relaxed or straightened. When she got it straightened she got a couple of inches cut off up to HL. When she got it straightened I was in total shock! I know that you can have very long processed hair, and it can be healthy and beautiful but it's very rare. My mom too would often tell me when I little that I could never grow my hair to classic length or longer. I guess because of the thickness. She told me that I have hair texture just like hers, and thickness. Come to find out, she was definitely wrong about that as I've gotten older. I have curlier and wavier hair than hers. She has type 4a hair I think. Now, my hair is still thick but not as thick as hers. I was well into my mid 30's before I started growing it the first time.

Length
    cbl/ftl/knee?
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

When I was a teenager with devastated hair in a time where colour mattered more than health or length to me I saw a woman in the Netherlands who had absolutely BEAUTIFUL golden blonde, wavy, thick calf-ish length hair in a low ponytail on the city square as if she was taken out of a fairy tale or some magical place and that's when I started to have in the back of my mind 'long hair is beautiful' and always looked up to that image. Not even sure if she was wearing a very good wig or not, I was too far away to see but it looked awesome none the less.
    I've also spotted a man with ankle length hair (very damaged but still very impressive) once on a concert and quite a few classic to knee lengths after that and all of them looked stunning no matter if they had damage or completely healthy. I guess that was one of the reasons I want to grow my hair to similar length or else terminal because such lengths feel magical to me.