Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst hair habits

Length
    buzz/ear/MB
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default Worst hair habits

We all have those things, few or many, that we do to protect and pamper our growing hair. But there is a dark side of hair maintenance, when good intentions fail and bad habits overtake us. What are your worst of the worst, bad hair habits?

To kick things off: I'm a toucher. I run my fingers through my hair constantly whenever it's down. It can't be helped. It feels like fine silk. Also, too-tight ponytails. My hair is too short for sticks or pins, and I have yet to add a scrunchie to my growing hair care arsenal. Far from lastly, I go to bed with wet hair on regular cotton pillow cases at least a few times a week. I think all of these bad habits contribute to a fragile top layer. Silly, Peepo.

I'm still doin' alright.

Default Re: Worst hair habits

Mine are bad. Highlighting, Lowlighting, blow drying, pulling of broken ends. *hangs head in shame*

Length
    MB/WL/WL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I'm also a toucher -- hair can be up or down. I also just THINK about my hair too much these days since I just decided a month or so ago that I could be at waist soon if I wanted. Now I really, really want it. Really!

Length
    buzz/ear/MB
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by kysgrl View Post
    Mine are bad. Highlighting, Lowlighting, blow drying, pulling of broken ends. *hangs head in shame*
    It's not about shaming, it's about acceptance. *tilts chin into up position* Also, highlights rock.

Length
    sl/waist/hip
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Permanent dying my roots black every month (long black hair or bust, darn it!) and holding my braid when I'm stressed.
    Proud mama and fiancée
    Chin length

Length
    16.5/30/40+!
    Type
    2a/F/iii

If I'm careful, I can detangle my hair without letting any hairs rip or break or stretch. Takes at least ten minutes of concentrated effort each time, and more than once it's taken half an hour. I do not always have that kind of patience.

Length
    24 in/48in/term
    Type
    1b/F/i

I seem to always be in a hurry and occasionally rip through it because I don't have time to detangle gently. I need to come up with really easy updos that will hide tangles and still look okay. I really like my hair and I always feel bad when I'm mean to it.

Type
    1c/2a/M/i

Bleaching, here! I bleached last summer, took a break over the fall/winter/spring, then went ahead and bleached again in June. I touched my roots up a couple times but I am done now, I have had my fun. I am sticking to veggie dyes like Manic Panic.

Length
    APL/Hip!/BCL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

One of my worst habits is experimentation, even when I know it's a bad idea:
    Really fine hair is wet? Lets try making a complex braided updo!

2 minutes later

How in the world is the tangle larger than my head!?!?

I've destroyed many-a-hair and occasionally have had to cut the worst of the tangles out, resulting in some unwanted but luckily not too noticeable layers. I never learn, do I? lol
    BSLMBL• WL • HLBCLTBL
    _________________________^Next stop; TBL!

Length
    24/25/32
    Type
    1b/1c/F/iii

Cotton pillow case (but silk scarf), detangling wet, redoing my updo 3-5 times a day, touching it all the time, napping with it loose, and, worst of all, combing it dry. Not when it's dry. Until it's dry. I know. When it's detangled I'll sit there and keep combing it as I watch tv or read or whatever to make it dry faster. It's thick and fine, so separating the strands really does speed things up. It's probably destroying any benefit I get from air drying, but I can't seem to help it.
    Lady Seshat, Of the Pens of Rightousness, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.
    Two blogs, neither hair related. Stories and weird things my kid says.