Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post your before and after CO/CWC/NW...etc pictures thread!

Length
    18"/36"+?/42"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Default Post your before and after CO/CWC/NW...etc pictures thread!

I thought this would be fun...whatever wash method you've changed to, be it CO washing, CWC, NW, or anything else, post a picture BEFORE you started said method, and one AFTER (as recently as possible!)

Let's see how far your hair has come!

Length
    CL/MBL/WL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: Post your before and after CO/CWC/NW...etc pictures thread!

Ooh, I'd love to see too! I just recently started messing with WO and I could use some inspiration.

Length
    CBL/APL/WAIST
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii

I'm not CO anymore (or I think I was CWC without knowing, haha), but I was like a year ago, and I think you can see less frizz in the second picture? There are around 2 months in between.

Type
    1c/M/ii

Just posted the "after" pic, but have this "before," which might give you some idea why I came back to NW/SO.

The first is the one taken today which shows an almost two week "after" following the return to this method. The second shows how wild and thin it has become, which has led to a certain amount of desperation (okay, a LOT). It does appear to be under more control, if nothing else....

The Blog: Skipping Barefoot Down the Rocky Road of Life

Length
    18"/36"+?/42"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy E. View Post
    Just posted the "after" pic, but have this "before," which might give you some idea why I came back to NW/SO.

The first is the one taken today which shows an almost two week "after" following the return to this method. The second shows how wild and thin it has become, which has led to a certain amount of desperation (okay, a LOT). It does appear to be under more control, if nothing else....

Wow! What a difference! I'm only two days into my co washing, and my hair is silky and SHINY!! It's always been dull, and I was always pumping product into my hair to try to make it silky and shiny, which always resulted in nothing but GREASE. Now I've hit upon a great method for my hair! I'm loving CO! Will post a before/after when my sister gets home today (or maybe ill just take another selfie...lol)

Length
    18"/36"+?/42"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Here is my before/after CO washing pictures -- I've only been doing it for three days and I already see amazing results!

Before
    Hopefully you can see how dry my hair was:
    A couple of months ago, on what I would have considered a good hair day.

At the beginning of this week, trying to take a length picture for LHC

After
    My hair is really shiny and silky!
    These were taken today:

Edit: I have no idea why the after pictures are sideways, I rotated them before posting but oh well! At least you can see my hair.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    SL/BSL/BSL/W
    Type
    2a/F/i

Wow Eve 322, your hair looks so sleek!

I don't have any pictures but my hair has absolutely improved! My length was dry, and only shiny after using oils. It wasn't particularly 'naturally' shiny. It was quite dull. My hair was SO dry, I was a cone head and switched to no cones, and my hair was still dry but my ends were horrendous! Very straw like. Now, after about a month of cwc (and about 3 weeks being cone-free) my length finally feels soft and smooth, with such great slip (now my ends actually slip out of buns now!) And it's soooo shiny. My ends feel absolutely great too, no dryness whatsoever!

Length
    18"/36"+?/42"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by sarahthegemini View Post
    Wow Eve 322, your hair looks so sleek!

I don't have any pictures but my hair has absolutely improved! My length was dry, and only shiny after using oils. It wasn't particularly 'naturally' shiny. It was quite dull. My hair was SO dry, I was a cone head and switched to no cones, and my hair was still dry but my ends were horrendous! Very straw like. Now, after about a month of cwc (and about 3 weeks being cone-free) my length finally feels soft and smooth, with such great slip (now my ends actually slip out of buns now!) And it's soooo shiny. My ends feel absolutely great too, no dryness whatsoever!
    Thank you! And that's an amazing result you've had! My hair was always dry and dull too, and I always longed for sleek, shiny hair. I used to think putting MORE coney products post-wash was the answer, yet never got the results I wanted. With CO I got that shine I've always wanted in TWO days It feels so great to be able to drop those commercial products that tell you "this is your only hope for good hair" AND see better results! I've also stopped putting any heat on my hair whatsoever, which just helps so much.

Type
    3a/3b/F/iii

I love these threads so much. Eve322, that's really lovely sleek hair you have.

here's a before (July 2006):

My first day of CO (August 10, 2006):

Aaaand after a couple years of it (fall 2010):

My hair definitely kept changing for the first year of CO (also no brushing, that helped a lot). I don't know if it took that long to properly moisturize, or if I was growing out damage -- I wasn't as conscious of those things then.

I guess as it's 2013 it's been 7 years since I shampooed my hair. Wow.

Length
    3"/29"/36"
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Eve 322 View Post
    Here is my before/after CO washing pictures -- I've only been doing it for three days and I already see amazing results!

Before
    Hopefully you can see how dry my hair was:
    A couple of months ago, on what I would have considered a good hair day.
    [IMG] [/IMG]
    At the beginning of this week, trying to take a length picture for LHC
    [IMG] [/IMG]

After
    My hair is really shiny and silky!
    These were taken today:
    [IMG] [/IMG]
    [IMG] [/IMG]

Edit: I have no idea why the after pictures are sideways, I rotated them before posting but oh well! At least you can see my hair.
    WOW! Your hair looks so silky. It's gorgeous! What conditioner are you using? How often do you CO during the week?