Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A long bottom and reaching for classic length

mother of microtrims :P Emichiee's Avatar
    Length
    20/TBL37/CL41
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Red face A long bottom and reaching for classic length

I need to know if I'm alone feeling like that..it seems to take forever for my hair to pass that curve down there
    It is growing just as fast as usual (1.7cm =0.8"?) but I never really see much length gain. When I measure though I really see a gain...

I even take pictures undressed so I can see exactly how far my hair has gotten

First I thought I might have a long bottom...but then it occured to me that it also has to go past a 3D bulge (nice to see from the side)

At least its not resting on top of my butt anymore..I think it should go faster from now on

Ok..so who felt like it took forever to reach classic?

edit: sorry my first post on the new boards and its so silly..

Emi
    Last edited by Emichiee; March 20th, 2008 at 11:45 AM. Reason: [b]add info for better understanding

Length
    26-31/Chin/Waist
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I'm at just about the same place! It's annoying because typically my hair is rather straight, but when it hits the curve, the ends curve a bit and it looks shorter than it is. And taper doesn't help.

I've been trying to just forget about it and let it grow... But it does seem to be taking forever. I guess the good thing is that I'm noticing growth. At tb I thought I was stalling, but that may just be it attempting to get enough length to start going up the curve...
    (Student) trapeze artist, acrobat, contortionist and more. Check out me and my partner here!

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

My hair is not nearly as long as yours... but maybe it just seems like it's taking so long because you're excited for it to get there? My hair has been so close to waist length for what feels like forever now. I know it's still growing at it's usual rate, and I know it's gotten significantly longer. But it seems like it just doesn't want to actually reach waist length yet and it drives me nuts if I think about it too much.

:bigflower:

Length
    14/45/55
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I felt the same way you do when I went for classic, it took forever to get there! But I have a quite big bum so I guess that's why. I also think it is because the bum is curved and not straight as the back, so it seems like it has to grow for longer.

Now that I am past classic it feels like it's growing faster, maybe becasue I'm past that obsticle.
    1A/F/ii Classic length
    Henna since 2007-12

Length
    >BSL/waist/TB
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

I think it's because the distance between tailbone and classic is just quite big, on everyone!

The distance between, say armpit and BSL, BSL and mid-back, or mid-back and waist, or waist and TB is just less on anyone, only a few inches.

Maybe there should be a length classification between TB and classic... like "middle of butt" length or "my hair now reaches the point where my butt sticks out the most"

Then the distance to the next length "milestone" wouldn't be so long...
    Where o where is my black & white Lotus... have I sold it? Have I lost it? I honestly can't remember!!

Length
    40/50/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I totally feel ya on the classic weight. Being a curvey gal, it's taking FOREVER to grow that last inch. ::sigh::
    Avatar image is copyright Chris McGrath. Used with permission. http://www.christianmcgrath.com

Length
    n/a/37"/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Leisha View Post
    Maybe there should be a length classification between TB and classic... like "middle of butt" length or "my hair now reaches the point where my butt sticks out the most"

Then the distance to the next length "milestone" wouldn't be so long...
    What about "sit-on length"? At least for me, that would be about three inches before classic... (And two inches longer than I ever have had...) I am seriously considering putting it up as my next minigoal when I have reached TBL again

1c/2a/F/ii, current length 37"
    BCL (37") reached! Next minigoal: TBL (40"). Final goal: Terminal

Type
    1b/F/ii

I guess that's one advantage of being short waisted- tailbone to almost-classic hasn't really taken very long for me. I did hate the resting on top of my butt stage- especially since I have quite enough butt for it to rest on. I'm not sure how you're getting sit on length well before classic, unless you're slouching or only sitting on squishy things, but everyone's body is different of course.

Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Leisha View Post
    [LEFT]I think it's because the distance between tailbone and classic is just quite big, on everyone!
    Yes! I did a poll about this a while back. (That might have been on the distance from waist to classic, actually.) It's a lot of inches, and it takes a while for any of us. I was thinking my distance was abnormally long, but once I saw the poll results, I realized that many of us are in the same boat. I got to classic, though, and so can you!

Community Guidelines
    ~ Contact a Mod
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." ~ Ghostbusters

One-Handed Typist, NAK birdiefu's Avatar
    Length
    14/42/??
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I agree that it seems like it takes forever to move down the butt! The only other stage that seemed to take a long time (though not *this* long) was BSL to waist on me. Hip to tailbone happened in a flash, and now it feels like it will take two years to get to classic. I'm still sadly at the 'resting on the butt' stage and haven't surpassed the curve.

So I guess I'm just at 'sit-on-it' length. Or maybe 'longer-than-the bottom-of-DH's-shirts' length, though that isn't particularly scientific!

From BSL to Classic in 4 years, thanks LHC!
    Waiting for DH to come home safe from Iraq around May '10