Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What to replace Tresemme Naturals Moisture Conditioner with? Any suggestions?

Length
    Pixie/waist/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

Default What to replace Tresemme Naturals Moisture Conditioner with? Any suggestions?

Yeah, so I am trying not to be a bother to everyone on here, but I have searched and searched here and on naturallycurly.com forums for a new conditioner (in addition to info on all the OTHER issues I am having!) and now I am just going to ask. What is a good replacement for Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner? It was my HG product and now it does not work. My hair is in such bad shape now that I am even willing to go for something with cones.

I loved, loved, loved Nature's Gate waaaaaaay back when they had the original formula. I heard they changed the formula recently, yet again, but I don't know what it is.

For background I have mostly 2c/C/iii (5 in.) hair. It hates proteins. I have used a coney serum with good results in the past (got my hair longest like that). I live in a sub-tropical climate, and I cannot figure out if my hair likes humectants or not. Plus, the water here is horribly hard (calcium).

I would LOVE something like the original NG herbal conditioner, but I don't know if anything like that exists.
    These were the original ingredients:

Water Extracts of Chamomile, Nettles, Ho-Lien Hua, Nelumbo Nucifera, Comfrey Root, Cherry Bark, Schleichera Trijuga, Kusambi Bark, Burdock, and Yucca Vegetable Emulsifying Wax, Coconut Oil, Methylparaben Oil of Myrrh, Oil of Lavender.

ETA: I started using GVP Conditioning Balm, but was told that the humectants would not be good in this climate for my hair type.
    Last edited by pili; August 5th, 2013 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Add comment

Length
    MBL/FTL+/???
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Default Re: What to replace Tresemme Naturals Moisture Conditioner with? Any suggestions?

Trader Joe's has a line of conditioners with some similar ingredients, even if they're not the same. I haven't tried them, but these two have good reviews online (ingredient lists also found online):

Nourish Spa: Purified water, organic rosemary oil, organic valencia orange citrus, organic mango, organic lemongrass, organic ginko biloba, organic echinacea, organic willow bark, organic sea kelp, organic chamomile flower, organic textured soy protein, organic lavender, organic grapefruit citrus, Tocopherol (Vit E), Acetamide MEA, Cetyl Alcohol, Citric Acid, Methylparaben, propylparaben, botanical fragrance

Tea Tree Tingle: Water, *Tea Tree Oil, *Peppermint Oil, *Eucalyptus Oil, *Nettle Oil, *Thyme Oil, Birch Leaf Oil, *Chamomile Oil, *Clary, *Coltsfoot Leave, *Yarrow Oil, *Mallow, *Horsetail Oil, *Soybean Protein, Cetyl Alcohol (Plant Derived), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Trace Minerals, Citric Acid (Corn), Sodium Hydroxymethglycinate, Grapefruit Seed (Citrus Derived) *organic

What is the Tressemme Naturals Conditioner doing to your hair now? It might help us point you in the right direction and I'm also curious because I still use it.
    Wavy and loving it!

Length
    16.5/24.5/44

Default Re: What to replace Tresemme Naturals Moisture Conditioner with? Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by pili View Post
    What is a good replacement for Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner? It was my HG product and now it does not work. My hair is in such bad shape now that I am even willing to go for something with cones.
    Have you tried using a clarifying shampoo or using some other means to clarify your hair? The reason why I ask is because for some people, when a conditioner no longer works, it is because of buildup on the hair.

Quote Originally Posted by pili View Post
    Plus, the water here is horribly hard (calcium).
    If hard water is a problem, you could try using a chelating shampoo.
    Current Length:
    SL>>APL>>BBL>>MBL>>WL>>HL>>CL

Length
    APL+/BCL/MidTh
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I replaced Naturals with Garnier Fructis Hyra Recharge. It may not be as natural/herbal as you're looking for but it is cone free and I have had a great experience with it.

I really like shea moisture's restorative conditioner, and kinky curly knot today condish/detangler. My hair's curlier than yours, but my hair loved tresseme naturals for a time, I just couldn't stand the smell. Hopefully this was helpful in some way.

Length
    Pixie/waist/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

Khiwanean: Ugh! We moved away from a TJs and have none here. They are building one. Now it can't come too soon!

Lorisal: I've done both of those and neither worked. I had not used a shampoo in a decade before moving here, I've shampoo'd twice since we came here, but that is not helping. My just feels stripped now.

hafattack and marymonster: Thanks for the suggestions. I will check them out.

Length
    27/32/39
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I'm looking for a replacement, too, since I stay away from a couple of the preservatives the new formula includes. I'm stocked up on the old formula for now, but I've been looking at this condish (it's priced a lot better at Target than at Amazon) which has a pretty good ingredients list. Might be something to check out. No cones or protein.
    M/2b/ii Hip
    Her hair was long, her limbs were white, And fair she was, and free;
    And in the wind she went as light As leaf of linden-tree. -J.R.R. Tolkien

Length
    26/25.5/28
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I'd go back to cones as for some here on the LHC it works best. I love the Garnier anti frizz shampoo and conditioners. I tried garnier hydra shampoo and conditioners and they were dreadful. My hair fizzed to the max as nf it turns out hydrating shampood and cond. Can do that to some curly girls. You could switch to tresummes anti frizz shampoos and conditioners and see it they help.
    Hair September 2015

Length
    Pixie/waist/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

I may end up doing that...

Pix~Bob~CBL~
    Shoulder~APL~BSL~MBL~Waist~Hip~TBL~CL~FTL~KL~CL~TERM
    Journeying from pixie (1/2012), 8" big chop (2/2016) and 5" mini chop (7/1
    4/8/2019: 38.5"
    stretched

Length
    Pixie/waist/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

I may just have to start looking at the tightly curly method. I did it before, but I don't know if it didn't work due to the lack of cones or because I'm a 2c.

Pix~Bob~CBL~
    Shoulder~APL~BSL~MBL~Waist~Hip~TBL~CL~FTL~KL~CL~TERM
    Journeying from pixie (1/2012), 8" big chop (2/2016) and 5" mini chop (7/1
    4/8/2019: 38.5"
    stretched