Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: List of Long Hair Friendly Salons, Including George Michael

Length
    4/21/40
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Default Re: List of Long Hair Friendly Salons, Including George Michael

Does anyone happen to know any in Ireland? I'm looking for Galway in particular, but I go to Dublin every now and then too. I lost my last hairdresser when the salon I visited changed ownership and I haven't been able to find a good one since. Also, somebody mentioned earlier that this is a sticky in the VIT? What's the VIT?

Cut and Curl

In Melbourn, Cambridgeshire, UK

Ask for Rachel or Emily, they've been trimming my hair for years. Also they don't like many uk salons have a 'long hair charge' on top of regular prices.

Length
    14.5/21/26BSL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I would really love to visit a long-hair-friendly salon that uses the techniques of the late Dr. George Michael, long-hair guru, but I don't live near any of the three GM salons in the United States: New York, Ohio, and California. Those salons set your hair on rollers and dry it so the hair is straight, and then the stylist cuts the hair dry.

It would be great to have recommendations for long-hair-friendly salons in my state: Colorado. I looked at the salon that's listed in my town, but I can't find much about it online, so I am not even sure if it still exists! Does anyone have any recommendations for Colorado salons? I know I need to save my pennies for a trip to a GM salon someday, but I need a trim.
    Curls and swirls, wavies and twirls,
    From bob length Iíll grow--look out below!
    ...if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her... (1 Corin. 11:15a)

Length
    23 cm/80 cm/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Does anyone know of any place that's long hair friendly in Washington state? I looked through the list and the thread but I didn't see anywhere.
    Lady Ambarussa of the Sunlit Forest in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    animetor7, or Ani Currently: Hip at 80 cm Next Goal: Tailbone at 102 cm

Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

I have an address correction Salon Beau du Monde:

810 St. Charles Ave.
    New Orleans, LA 70130

Rockland County, New York state

Ask for Glen at
    Joseph Taylor Salon
    383 S. Main Street
    New City, NY 10956
    845-639-0900

I've been going to him for the past 12 years. Will never trim more than you ask and doesn't rush your haircut. I have him cut an angle in the front now but I had him cutting it all one length for years. I let him blow dry it when I see him. He uses products and I let him because he uses good stuff, he says it's organic or something. Also, the two shampoo girls always compliment me on my long hair, even the one who has very short hair. Really sweet and approachable guy, has a daughter around my age (I'm 2 so I always connected with him. He just wants to do your hair the way you want it and he's never tried to convince me to get some shorter or trendier style.

I just moved to Ocean County, NJ and I am debating whether to drive 2 hrs back up to NY to see him or see the two ladies recommended at the Cheers for Hair salon down here. It's such a long drive, plus bridge tolls. X(

Length
    12/45/?
    Type
    1a/M/C/ii/iii

This is so good to know! I usually trim my hair myself 1-2 times a year, but now that it is past fingertip and nearing knee it is getting to be too challenging. Northern Virginia is a bit of a hike, but I'm up there a few times a year so I could work in a trip to the salon! Thank you so much for sharing this review/recommendation!

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo Girl View Post
    I would like to add:

Illusions Hair Salon
    754 Elden Street
    Herndon, VA 20170
    (703) 437-6111

Kathy, the owner, is just fabulous - she's the only stylist I'll ever let touch my hair.

The salon itself doesn't specialize in long hair, but she is very long hair friendly. She:

1) Is *always* extremely gentle when handling my hair
    2) Never pressures me to cut it short/highlight etc
    3) Takes off exactly what I specify and nothing ever more
    4) Is perfectly fine with seeing me three/four times a year for a minor trim
    5) Is very respectful of what I want done - no shampoo, conditioning, blow drying, etc etc.

Afterwards, she'll help me measure my hair, figure out time frames for goal lengths, etc. She's wonderful.

Length
    12/45/50+
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

Does anyone know if the same people are still in Colorado trimming hair? Or do you know if there are any other long hair friendly salons in Colorado?

Length
    15/26/40
    Type
    1a/F/ii

In Brazil, normally salons with christian protestant's owners and employees, don't cut a lot and treats the hair very well.