Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Ash brown hair pride

Length
    short/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Default Ash brown hair pride

After my bleached hair has been cut off, I have realised I am not a dark blonde. I am an ashy brunette. We have a great thread for blonettes and I would want something for ashy brunettes too. Why not regular brunette thread? Because I think ash brown hair is a little bit more difficult to love than other shades of brown. It is ashy and brown and it is not even blonde or something that resembles chocolate. Do you know what I mean? Well, I need some inspiration to help me love my hair color. Sofar I only like it inside under strong lights because it looks dark blonde then (but that is just an illusion, I am sure of it now). So I am calling everyone with this particular hair color to let us know why you like it, why it is beautiful and how to make the best of it. Help yourself to the cookies too.

I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith. Looking for Large Aqua Border and Large Multistripe Blue and Silver Ficcare Maximas.

Length
    short/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Default Re: Ash brown hair pride

I am either the only one with this color or everybody loves it and doesn't know what I am talking about or everybody hates it or? Joking . I will be fine it is just that no more bleach in my ends makes my hair look different and I didn't expect it. Let's just say that initial excitment is gone.

I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith. Looking for Large Aqua Border and Large Multistripe Blue and Silver Ficcare Maximas.

Length
    buzz/chin/waist
    Type
    2a/F/ii

*comes in to represent, grabs a cookie and takes a seat.*

It's taken a while to get used to my hair color... especially with dyes making it common to have a more vibrant hair color. But it is what it is, and i'm learning to like it.
    .:: former hennahead enjoying her silvers ::.
    current length: chin/bob | first goal length: BSL

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I've been watching Ally McBeal on Netflix lately, and I'd describe her hair color as ash brown. I think it must be the most unappreciated hair color out there.

busy beegan ~ ( , ) ~ Annibelle's Avatar
    Length
    WL/APL/HL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

I don't have ash brown hair, but I think it's really pretty. I think it's just such a soft color! I love it!

Length
    21.5"/40.2"/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

Hi! I'm a super ashy dark brown. Like it looks ultra grey in certain lights, like pencil lead. I hated my color so I hennaed, found I henna didn't look good so now I'm growing out by slate dark brown hair, that looks even ashier against the henna color.

I'm glad you made a thread for us. I feel like either there are very few of us, or our brethren out in the wild get no love and feel compelled to color. I don't know about you guys but I was born with light golden blonde hair that turned medium brown by the time a couple years old. When I hit puberty is was dark chocolate brown. And now in my early 20s it is dark drown and mega ashy.

Maybe someone could throw up some more ash brown role models for us, maybe some other inspiring stuff. I still have hard time loving my natural hair.
    1b/F/M/iii APL~BSL~MBL~WL~Elbow~Hip~BCL~TBL 40" Finally!

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I think I belong here? Maybe? Maybe that is how you know you belong here, that you don't know...
    In most of my pictures my hair appear brown, but I think it's the warm lightning. Anyway, I have started to like it. When I was younger I hated it, and that is what made me dye it black for ten years or so! Finally I realised if I wanted long hair, I would have to stop dyeing.
    Hand made crystal jewelry and art: https://spellofhexu.com/
    SL - SL - SL - SL - APL - BSL - WL - HIP?

Length
    24 in/48in/term
    Type
    1b/F/i

Silly me, I always liked my ashy brown hair, although I might have taken it a bit for granted. Until I started going grey. Try finding a nice ashy brown out of a box- it's almost impossible for me. No matter what I tried, it always came out very warm, almost red. After 10 years of trying I gave up and started using henna/indigo. At least it is a healthy red. But if you have natural ash brown appreciate it while you can! It is finite.

Length
    12/29.5/31
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I don't have ash brown hair but I think it's gorgeous. I'm a huge fan of cool ashy tones, maybe because they suit me so I can relate better to it (I'm an ash blonde), I don't know.
    Avatar picture taken on the 1st May 2012, length=17".

Length
    BSL/Waist/H-Cl
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Not really sure if I belong in this or not. My hair is something that was blonde as a kid and then turned grey mouse... People used to describe it as brown I think, back before dyed it, but to me it just looks grey, just not the going grey kind of grey. I thought about the blonette thread but there's nothing really blonde about it anymore. I've been hennaing it for a long time but the orange isn't turning out precisely the way I would like it to, so I really have no idea anymore. I kind of want to grow it out but the roots look so awful. Bah.
    Lady Lunadriael, Light of the Lune, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights