Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wedding hair - what can I do with it?

Length
    Ear/Chin/?
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: Wedding hair - what can I do with it?

ACV brings out red highlights quite nicely. I dilute mine with black tea to fight shedding.

Also, have you considered doing a half-up? Here's some inspiration: http://pinterest.com/pin/52072939414186412/
    token shortie
    chin/no current goal in mind/1c/2a/f/m/i/ii
    even my hair is indecisive

Length
    26/54/56
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I personally love the pearl idea. Marie Antoinette wore pearls in her hair fairly often, so it really is a classic style. And there are lots of different ways you could do it. You could just add accents like a small comb or pearl-tipped pins.

You could braid a strand of pearls into your hair like this or this. For smaller accent braids I'd use the pearls as their own strand (whether you want the pearls to be the same size as the strands of hair is up to you and whether you prefer symmetry or a more textured look), but if you were doing a full braid I'd just add the pearls into one or more strands.

As far as buying the beads, I'd go for something like this, or just try something like this search on ebay. They usually come in 15-16" strands, which should work fine for a braid, but they're also easy enough to shorten or tie more than one together.

Some other cute pearl ideas: cute half-up, braided side bun, pearl hair vine around braid, cascade accent on pins, cascade accent on combs, floating pearl accents.

Your color is gorgeous. I don't think you should change it much. Maybe an accent strand or colored tips or just brighten it with a tea or ACV rinse. I say try a few things out over the next couple of months and see what you like.
    Last edited by sparrowswing; May 29th, 2013 at 06:04 PM.
    Starting Length: APL (Nov 2009)
    Max Length: Knee (56")
    Current Length: Classic (46")

Quote Originally Posted by loveisdivine View Post
    Would a stylist not use harsher dyes though? I've been reading about "Adore" Semi permanent dyes, has anyone any experience with them? They have more natural colours than manic panic and such.
    They have many options and the stupid ones most definitely will damage your hair but salon color is much more gentle than any box color. There is a saying about 'Tools in the hand of Fools...' and it is equally app;licable in the salon environement.

If you go with a demi-permanent it will last about 6 -8 weeks based on shampooing 2X a week and assuming a color safe shampoo and conditioner is used. I'm prejudicial. I am a colorist and stylist. Unlike my peers, I simply adore the idea of people using box color or experimenting with techniques and DIY products that they have limited experience with especially prior to a big day such as yours. I'm not saying they are bad but if your experience is limited with whatever you are about to put on your hair, it will probably translate to a professional color correction which further translates to really big $$$ for a colorist. The longer your hair is the more damaged (porous) it will be as you pass the mid-shaft and travel to the ends. No matter how well you may be taking care of your locks, when something as delicate as hair has been exposed to the elements for several years (ends) severe damage is unavoidable. Unless mid-shaft to ends are pretreated, the porosity will cause the hair to grab any color faster and hold onto more of it no matter how long or how short any color is left to process. Think of the end result as being a reverse ombre. Your hair is always naturally darker at the scalp and then proceeds to lighten from environmental factors (sunlight. ect) Damaged hair that is colored and hasn't been properly pretreated will be darker at the ends and lighter at the scalp which is the opposite of what it should be. I would suggest a clarifying shampoo followed with perhaps a demi-permanent clear shine or minimally a salon keratin protein treatment.

Unless you have experience in what is being suggested for you to do, I would warn you not to do it with all your hair. While everyone's suggestions are well intentioned, they won't be the ones looking at the reflection of some really bad hair if something goes awry in the process. Do test stands. Or at least be ready to shell out a lot of quid for a professional color correction. My minimum charge for a color correction is $350.00. For you and your length of hair it would be a lot more.

Length
    WL/TBL+/CL+
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Reviving an old thread!

I'm getting married in November and I'm starting to fret about what I'm going to do with my hair. It will be just shy of classic-length by that point if all goes well, it's medium thickness and slightly wavy. I was hoping to wear it down, but now I'm starting to worry that it might look a bit boring, and that it will tangle like anything as soon as I started moving around (not to mention dancing after the reception!).

Any suggestions/tips/past experience would be greatly appreciated <3 Here is some more information

- The wedding will be in early summer (southern hemisphere) and likely take place outdoors
    - I wear my hair up every day, so it's in very good condition with minimal taper, and I also would like to wear it either fully down or half-down to do something a bit different to my everyday style
    - I've tried rag curls and it took me over 2 hours to get the tangles out, so I've had to scrap that idea. Does anyone know if one day of heat styling will make much of an impact on my hair quality? I don't want to have to deal with those dreaded tangles again, and I like the control you get with a curling iron.
    - My dress has an open back

Please feel free to post your own wedding pics or other inspiration below!
    - I will cut my hair once I am defeated in battle -
    Lady Lavender, Mistress of the Mighty Fowl, in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Length
    WL/TBL+/CL+
    Type
    2b/M/ii

No replies ;(
    Lady Lavender, Mistress of the Mighty Fowl, in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

With classic length hair you can do all sorts of styles. Could you narrow it down for us?

You mentioned rag curls.

Start with the basics. What are you trying to do with your hair? What look you trying to achieve?

Length
    28"/36"/Long
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Maybe a Rapunzelesque braid? https://stylishbrideaccs.com/collect...dal-hair-vines

ETA: Ooooo! Ooooo! Ooooo! I found another page of pictures! https://www.pinterest.com/pin/350295677239486311/

My guess is that all of these hairstyles have names & directions in the LHC hairstyle thesaurus & on YouTube.
    Last edited by Kalamazoo; June 9th, 2020 at 02:25 AM.

Length
    WL/TBL+/CL+
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by cjk View Post
    With classic length hair you can do all sorts of styles. Could you narrow it down for us?

You mentioned rag curls.

Start with the basics. What are you trying to do with your hair? What look you trying to achieve?
    I'm not really sure, hence why I opened up the floor to all you LHC people! I just know I'd prefer to have it down somehow, to show its length and condition, since it's up and hidden away most of the time. But I also want it to look neat and well-styled (and tangle-free), and I don't know how achievable that is without heat-styling (which I would prefer to avoid). So I'm hoping a few members can share some tips, or their own experiences, with wedding hair or wearing long hair down for formal events.

Length
    WL/TBL+/CL+
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kalamazoo View Post
    That's lovely :O how is that look achieved?

Length
    28"/36"/Long
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Well, I'm not exactly sure, personally; but the LHC Hairstyle Thesaurus is at https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...d.php?t=145554

So the (time-consuming) way to do this is to wade through the Thesaurus & follow all the links to the YouTube videos. Eventually, you'll find one that you really like.

If you see a picture of a particular 'do that is THE ONE (or a few that might be) & there's no name attached, then start another thread entitled something like "Can anybody tell me the name of this hairstyle?" & include a link to the picture(s). Somebody's bound to know what it's called! Once you know the name, you can search for it on YouTube to get the instructions.

And congratulations on needing a wedding hairstyle!
    Last edited by Kalamazoo; June 9th, 2020 at 02:40 AM.