Thread: The best electric hair cutter

Length
    Pixie/52/Term
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Question The best electric hair cutter

Hi everyone,
    I've been cutting my husbands hair for a couple years now and we're getting tired of the cheap electric razors that pull and break etc. Can anyone recommend a good/professional brand that will last us a good while?

Thanks!
    Pixie...Chin...Shoulder...APL...BSL...Waist...Hip...TB...Classic...Knee...Term
    Scissor Free since Nov 2009

Length
    18?/24/27
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Default Re: The best electric hair cutter

I've heard from past co-workers that osters are the absolute best.

I personally love my Wahls.

Do keep in mind that I am talking professional here....NOT anything that you would get from walmart. You won't be able to buy them from sallys either without being a licensed professional.

These are the trimmers I use:
    http://www.amazon.com/Wahl-Professio...l+professional

Those trimmers are the best, They work INCREDIBLY well and get very very close.

These are the clippers I use:
    http://www.amazon.com/Wahl-Clipper-S...ahl+sterling+4

How you take care of them really makes the difference. I would recommend going out and buying a hair color tint brush (less than $1) to clean them with after every use, and make sure you always oil them after every use. Keep them stored correctly with the cover on the blades when you arent using them. Make sure to never drop them etc etc...

ETA: Very advisable to get a can of this http://www.amazon.com/Oster-Spray-Di...+clipper+spray
    I know its not like you'd be using them on anyone else but really....the most important part of keeping your clippers in good condition is really taking care of them and cleaning them/oiling properly.
    Last edited by akilina; May 12th, 2013 at 09:47 PM.
    Taking an LHC break.

Length
    SL/CL+/WL+
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

What kind of hair trimmer are you looking for?

I have This one from Panasonic. It IS meant for a woman's bikini line. and it DOES say "bikini trimmer" on the side. But for an all-one length cut, it's a little workhorse. It has a guard that's adjustable for different (all short) lengths.

Shoulder--APL--BSL--Waist--Tailbone+
    Disc bun tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1YzsZ_s-U4

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Wahl's definitely good stuff.

Do be advised that clippers are only good under a certain length. My DH has curly hair and would want the top cut to 1.25 or 1.5 inches. You just can NOT get his hair to clipper-cut at those lengths. I'd guesstimate that anything longer than 0.75 inches on top was pretty much a losing proposition.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

I have experience using several hair clippers. Now, I am using a Professional Grade but low price Andis Square Blade Trimmer. The hair clipper is very useful.
    Last edited by neko_kawaii; April 5th, 2019 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Removed link

Oster 76

Period. It is the classic barbershop clipped and is built for commercial use. And the blades are widely available and can be sharpened.

Andis make some great ones as well, the Master for instance. I do love their t-edger. And Babyliss makes good ones too.

But i used Wahl for years and was extremely happy with them. Among the best for home users.