Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ~Sun Protection~ Show me your hair cover! Hair scarves, hats & inspiration photos

Length
    BSL/BCL/TBL
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

Default ~Sun Protection~ Show me your hair cover! Hair scarves, hats & inspiration photos

Hi!

The temperature is abnormally high for this time of the year and the sun is BURNING. I'd like to wear head scarves and hats for the first time in my life to protect my hair against evil sun rays. I have so much scarves that I never wear! Show me what you are doing in summer to protect your hair! Random inspiration photos are welcomed too!

Here's a couple of scarves I like:

Minimal protection but cute retro style!

Your turn!
    1a/m/ii, going to tailbone!
    Ficcare Database - send me your photos by PM!

Length
    ~ear/~BSL/WL
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: ~Sun Protection~ Show me your hair cover! Hair scarves, hats & inspiration photos

I bought some turban twist headbands from this seller recently :http://www.etsy.com/shop/Rumraisina?page=2

I definitely wanna rock this look for the summer to get the hair outta my face and to give my hair some coverage. Those wide headbands look cool too. I wonder if I can rock them...

As of June 2013

Length
    waist/44/44
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii

Default Re: ~Sun Protection~ Show me your hair cover! Hair scarves, hats & inspiration photos

I have one of these flat crown hats, but haven't quite sorted out how to make it stay on in any sort of wind. I got it because I wanted something that I could wear with a bun, and it works fine for that. I may have to break down and use hat pins, but they kind of scare me.
    My routine has changed since starting to use Rogaine regularly to try to regain some thickness. I still cleanse every other day, but I use T/Sal shampoo, followed by my beloved Suave Wild Cherry conditioner. A vinegar rinse and catnip leave in follow.

Length
    SL/CL+/WL+
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I have a sun hat (I bought it at Lowes or Home Depot). Only problem is, I can't seem to get it (or any hat really) to work with an updo of any sort. So when I'm outside and wearing my hat, I braid my hair.

Shoulder--APL--BSL--Waist--Tailbone+
    Disc bun tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1YzsZ_s-U4

Length
    CB/knee!/Knee
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

That is a good idea. Magalo I really like your scarfs. Especially the retro one. I have a question- what about a sunscreen? Did anyone know if its O.K to put a little and mix with the conditioner? or just mix a little bit with the leave in? (By leave in I mean anything you put on your hair without immediately washing- like after washing oil treatment or leave in conditioner).
    Hair type: 2a\f\M\ii\iii Back to classic (again) April 2015.

Length
    Waist/Chin/Neck
    Type
    2a/M/ii

For hiking/other outdoor activity I wear a Buff like on the tutorial with the ends tucked under: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogCFtfUOgLc
    It protects all of the hair, stays on better than scarves and doesn't have any bits that might get caught on something. And if it gets pulled out of my head it's easy and quick to put back on.

On the hunt for terminal. SerinaDaith's Avatar
    Colorado is my physical home but I spend a lot of time in my mind. It's safer that way.
    Length
    .5 in/.5 in/term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Love these, I do however always worry about pulling loose hairs into knots when I tie anything to my head. That and maybe my head is just oddly shaped but things just seem to slip off me.
    Lady Seredhiel in the Order of the Longhaired Knights. Current body mark: BSL+, Goal length, terminal.No trims in 2013. Henna head. Crazy craft guru.Crunchy Mommy.

Length
    pixie/27/tbl
    Type
    1a/M/i/ii

I have a sunscreen for my hair it's a spray and it makes my hair a little greasy (like when you've put to mutch oil in)
    But at least it's a bit protected.
    ​lady ruby of the proudfoot hills in the order of the long haired knights.

Length
    buzz/bob/waist
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I absolutely love that first picture! Time to start maxi dress hunting..
    pixie - chin - neck

may the forks be with you faellen's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I'm hoping to go to Claire's this weekend, they usually have some cool looking headscarves