View Poll Results: What length did you stop obsessing over growth?

Voters
1026. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shoulder

47 4.58%
  • APL

56 5.46%
  • BSL

122 11.89%
  • Waist

131 12.77%
  • Tailbone

67 6.53%
  • haven't stopped yet

603 58.77%
Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you over your "checking for length obsession"

Henndigo Conehead! mugglemomof3's Avatar
    Length
    19/27"/TB
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: Are you over you "checking for length obsession"

Well, I haven't really measured much all year - I've been in mostly a funk and it hasn't really mattered anymore. But I voted "BSL" because I haven't even measured once since I officially hit that length. It feels long now, and I guess that's kinda good enough.

I do look at it alot in the mirror and play with my hair and hunt for splits almost daily, so I'd still call me obsessed.
    Lady Alohomora of the Unfettered Sojurn in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    18/31.5/40
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I don't think I have stopped yet. I guess I will keep on measuring until I reach BSL (less than 2" away) and then I won't measure as often. BSL is some kind of mini goal for me, a proof of that my hair is growing.

Ah...Vintage!

Length
    10/53/30
    Type
    3a/M/C/ii/iii

I suppose bsl was when I stopped seeing how long my hair was every couple hours. Now that I am waist wet, but still bsl-ish dry, I am checking length a bit more often. I'm not obsessing over it though.

Length
    buzz/ear/apl
    Type
    1c/F/ii

I voted "haven't stopped yet."

I was measuring every month so I could get an average growth measurement, but now I only measure every couple of months so I've stopped obsessing a bit in that category. I also only photograph every six months now as opposed to every three. BUT! I'm still doing other things obsessively trying to gain length like scalp massages, supplements, oiling and protecting the ends, protective updos, etc, etc.

I think once I reach APL (hopefully at the end of this year) I'll be able to calm down a bit more.
    "Equations are the devil's sentences!" ~ Stephen Colbert

Length
    neck/APL/waist
    Type
    2c/F/iii

My hair just happened to be at APL when I got tired of measuring. It wasn't some magic point at all for me. I've since cut back to about shoulder

I hit a stall at about that point, and measuring turned into an exercise in frustration. I've decided that I will 'measure' with body points instead of the measuring tape. My hair will grow in it's own time, it makes no difference whether I measure or not. Since measuring was getting to be a hassle, I chose to just stop. My sanity is more valuable to me than my hair.

I'm not bashing measuring by any means. It was cool to know that I could expect 1/2 inch of growth each month, and I used to make little tickers to track my progress. It was fun while my hair was growing steadily! Now, I just try to keep it as healthy as I can, and just allow the growing to happen as it will. It's kind of zen-like that way.

Length
    26-31/Chin/Waist
    Type
    1b/F/ii

At waist it just started, because I discovered LHC! It ended somwhere between TB and classic, when the measuring tape started to lie.
    (Student) trapeze artist, acrobat, contortionist and more. Check out me and my partner here!

Length
    22/31/36
    Type
    2a/F/ii

BSL pretty much ended me feeling like GROW!GROW!GROW!

Now I still measure about every month but it's not a big deal...

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

My obession ended after about 6 months of LHC membership and at APL length. It's longest I have ever had my hair and it feels long to me. I have now started to take sneak peaks at my hair-dos though

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

I never measured my hair until I found the LHC and now I faithfully measure every month. But when I think i am at a stall it is somewhat encouraging to see that I am still growing ( though just slow).

mother of microtrims :P
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

I can't vote since I stopped at just classic I am more focusing on trims than length now.
    Although I trimmed frequently before too but length gain was the main focus.