Page 1442 of 1598 FirstFirst ... 44294213421392143214401441144214431444145214921542 ... LastLast
Results 14,411 to 14,420 of 15978

Thread: Midback | Waist

Mediocre Clarinet Player ExpectoPatronum's Avatar
    Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

Default Re: BSL to WAIST take 2

Quote Originally Posted by jane_marie View Post
    Almost there... Thinking I might be able to call it at my January or February length check. I had hoped my hair would hit WL by the new year but I don't think it's going to happen. Oh well.

You're almost there! You'll be at waist by February for certain - barring any kind of stall happening.

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    Curly: SHDR.APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Stretched: APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Lady Andromeda, Keeper of Feathered Fauna, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Arciela View Post
    You are so close!! yay!! Looks so pretty
    So close and so far away!

Quote Originally Posted by ExpectoPatronum View Post
    You're almost there! You'll be at waist by February for certain - barring any kind of stall happening.

You know the weird thing is that I measured throughout the month and thought I was in the middle of a stall. I don't get it. Hopefully I go back to my quickish growth rate. I'm excited for my hair to get to WL and move over to the next thread.

Length
    14/33/Term
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    JamieN, what's your haircare routine like? Maybe there is something there that you can improve.
    If this gets too meta or off-topic for the thread, let me know.

Prior to this past year I had a good routine of shampoo/condition once a week, with CO twice in between, and WO otherwise. Was also using argan oil every day or two. It felt like my hair was at least healthy and growth was reasonable and consistent. It would still sometimes feel a bit dry or frizzy, but we have a SUPER-dry climate here, so a little bit of that was expected.
    Just over a year ago, due to a significant trauma, my care routine got kinda disrupted. I did my best to maintain the washing/conditioning schedule, but for a few months that alone was about all I could muster. Hair care took a back seat to other health concerns, but I kept my length goal in mind and tried to stay focused on that. I honestly didn't think it was getting too bad, but recent pictures seem to tell a different story - especially compared to pictures from ~18 months ago.
    I'm getting better about re-establishing to the routine I was on before. I guess I'm just not sure if that alone is going to be enough. And if not, what else can I do to try to undo some of what's happened in the last year. I don't really want to take off a bunch of length, but if it means a better starting point going forward, I can accept that.

I will eat all your tofu maborosi's Avatar
    Length
    16"/38.5"/55"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

I'm getting closer and closer to reaching waist-length again! It's exciting to be doing all these milestones again!
    (I'm a weirdo who used her hair-length goals as benchmarks for like...everything, LOL!)
    When I feel better and get over this awful whatever-illness I have, I'll post some pics!
    I measured a smidge (like 1/8 of an inch) under 30" today.
    Last edited by maborosi; December 10th, 2019 at 10:33 PM.

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by JamieN View Post
    If this gets too meta or off-topic for the thread, let me know.

Prior to this past year I had a good routine of shampoo/condition once a week, with CO twice in between, and WO otherwise. Was also using argan oil every day or two. It felt like my hair was at least healthy and growth was reasonable and consistent. It would still sometimes feel a bit dry or frizzy, but we have a SUPER-dry climate here, so a little bit of that was expected.
    Just over a year ago, due to a significant trauma, my care routine got kinda disrupted. I did my best to maintain the washing/conditioning schedule, but for a few months that alone was about all I could muster. Hair care took a back seat to other health concerns, but I kept my length goal in mind and tried to stay focused on that. I honestly didn't think it was getting too bad, but recent pictures seem to tell a different story - especially compared to pictures from ~18 months ago.
    I'm getting better about re-establishing to the routine I was on before. I guess I'm just not sure if that alone is going to be enough. And if not, what else can I do to try to undo some of what's happened in the last year. I don't really want to take off a bunch of length, but if it means a better starting point going forward, I can accept that.
    I think trying to get back to the haircare routine you know works well for your hair is a good starting point. You also mentioned trauma. That can cause all sorts of physical symptoms (I know all about that!), including shedding and other hair changes. Undoing that takes time, and stress (both physical and emotional) has a tendency to be accumulative, so really making it a priority to learn to relax and wind down is one of the biggest health favours one can do. Various relaxation practices are actually a part of my "haircare routine" now.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Purple Enthusiast SleepyTangles's Avatar
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

I really debated putting this picture up or not but here we go...
    The goal was to make WL by Christmas, which should have been just about the right timing. I even put myself into the "Waist by Christmas 2019" thread to keep me honest. I've been avoiding obsessive length checks and I wasn't sure I was going to make it, so I had a friend take a quick length shot for me while we were out on the town Friday night.

It looks like I may have made it - just barely. On the positive side, this is without a doubt the longest my hair's ever been.
    Unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to call it/let myself graduate to the next length thread just yet. This was a really difficult year for me, and it looks like my benign neglect may not have been quite as "benign" as I thought. I'm very disappointed in the condition of my hair in this shot, and it feels like unless I can find a good way to salvage the length I've got and make it look better, the new year is likely to start off with a significant trim. Maybe not all the way back to BSL, but pretty close.

Is there a proper place/thread to look for suggestions on how I might be able to recover without a big chop? Feeling kinda frustrated at the moment.
    If It can help, your new growth (like, 90% of your hair) looks much thicker an healthier than the tips! Just microtrim and maintain this lenght for few months and you'll see the ends catching up to the rest! ❤️
    How do you usually detangle?
    Pixie! - Ear - Chin-length floofball - B(L)ob - Shoulder - APL...

Length
    14/33/Term
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyTangles View Post
    If It can help, your new growth (like, 90% of your hair) looks much thicker an healthier than the tips! Just microtrim and maintain this lenght for few months and you'll see the ends catching up to the rest! ❤️
    Maintaining for a bit and trying to clean off the problematic ends seems reasonable - I was expecting I might have to start off the year with a trim to even things up anyway, I just may have to trim a bit further or wait a while longer than I expected to go after another length target.
    I definitely do have to get my care regimen back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyTangles View Post
    How do you usually detangle?
    Either fingers or a large-tooth comb and usually when it's still damp. I'm not sure I could even find a brush anymore, LOL. I don't use any heat, like, ever - but I also don't do very well with protecting it, either. It's almost always down, including at night. Mostly due to lack of time and enthusiasm.

Length
    14/33/Term
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    I think trying to get back to the haircare routine you know works well for your hair is a good starting point. You also mentioned trauma. That can cause all sorts of physical symptoms (I know all about that!), including shedding and other hair changes. Undoing that takes time, and stress (both physical and emotional) has a tendency to be accumulative, so really making it a priority to learn to relax and wind down is one of the biggest health favours one can do. Various relaxation practices are actually a part of my "haircare routine" now.
    As far as the trauma, the short version is "really bad car crash". Any effects of that, direct or indirect, I'd be just guessing about but I can definitely agree the relaxation thing is true - I've been practicing some mindfulness techniques recently, and it does seem to help me unwind and re-focus.
    I knew my care routine had slipped and that it was going to have to get back on track. I just didn't expect I'd have quite so far to go when I did, and seeing that really kinda hurts. At least I'm not starting over from above the shoulder again, right?

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

As far as the trauma, the short version is "really bad car crash". Any effects of that, direct or indirect, I'd be just guessing about but I can definitely agree the relaxation thing is true - I've been practicing some mindfulness techniques recently, and it does seem to help me unwind and re-focus.
    I knew my care routine had slipped and that it was going to have to get back on track. I just didn't expect I'd have quite so far to go when I did, and seeing that really kinda hurts. At least I'm not starting over from above the shoulder again, right?
    A car crash is definitely a big shock both on the body as well as the mind, and undoubtedly has an effect on overall well-being. I am happy to hear you've gotten into mindfulness, I hope that brings something good into your life. Your hair really looks quite beautiful, still. Even with a small trim, the ends would already look mighty different. No reason to worry about it too much, just get back into the proper care and it'll almost fix itself.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Here's my hair currently, looking a bit fluffy on wash day as always!

I'm really hoping for waist by June 2020