Page 1 of 1407 12311511015011001 ... LastLast

Thread: BSL to WAIST take 2

Length
    Chin/Apl+/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Red face BSL to WAIST take 2

For the life of me I couldn't find the thread of BSL to Waist. I know there is one out there, but where alas I don't know. So I figured I guess we will start another one and maybe a mod can merge them. SO ladies since I am slightly past BSL (5 more inches to waist) and very quickly outgrowing hair styles I though offering tips, hairstyles, how long you have been growing once you hit BSL, etc would be awesome.
    ​Jesus saved my life and is my savior
    Starting over current length: APL+.. GOAL: BACK TO HIP
    Nov 8th update pict

Length
    Chin/Nape/term
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default Re: BSL to WAIST take 2

I'm probably about 6 inches to waist. My hair is wavy, so it seems longer some days and shorter others, depending on how wavy it is that day (the more recently washed, the more wavy and therefore shorter.) I'm having a "short hair day" today.

Length
    Chin/Apl+/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Eireann View Post
    I'm probably about 6 inches to waist. My hair is wavy, so it seems longer some days and shorter others, depending on how wavy it is that day (the more recently washed, the more wavy and therefore shorter.) I'm having a "short hair day" today.
    I'm a wavy to, mine is more of stretched waves, but my goodness some days the wave is insanely way as well. I always have a feeling short hair day
    Nov 8th update pict

Length
    pixie/hip/TB
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

I'm a little closer to waist, 2 inches to go at most. And yet I get the same 27" measurement I did when I was at BSL. I hate measuring. It seems to be taking forever to get from almost waist to "can I call this waist?"

Anyways, I'm sure it depends on your thickness and taper, layers, etc, but I am just recently able to do a braided bun and it's become one of my favorite styles. I've had the length for it for a couple months, but couldn't pull it off without little layers sticking out everywhere. It doesn't require any elastics or twisting, holds securely with one hairstick, is quick, and doesn't give me a headache, which is becoming harder and harder to do with the styles that I loved at BSL. (Like the figure 8 )

Length
    Chin/Apl+/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Ohio Sky View Post
    I'm a little closer to waist, 2 inches to go at most. And yet I get the same 27" measurement I did when I was at BSL. I hate measuring. It seems to be taking forever to get from almost waist to "can I call this waist?"

Anyways, I'm sure it depends on your thickness and taper, layers, etc, but I am just recently able to do a braided bun and it's become one of my favorite styles. I've had the length for it for a couple months, but couldn't pull it off without little layers sticking out everywhere. It doesn't require any elastics or twisting, holds securely with one hairstick, is quick, and doesn't give me a headache, which is becoming harder and harder to do with the styles that I loved at BSL. (Like the figure 8 )
    I measured last night and came out with 24" then 25" so I just gave up. It is getting alot harder to measure as it gets longer. Whrn I hot BSL I oficially got over the checking for growth obsession.
    Nov 8th update pict

Length
    shldr/bsl/bsl
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Yeah, when I got to BSL recently, I stopped feeling so obsessed over my growth (thank goodness!), and stopped measuring. My goal is waist, and I realize it's going to be awhile (at least a year?) before I finally get there. So I'm just tryig to enjoy what length I do have.
    Cut back from waist to BSL--I like here and I think I'll stay awhile 2c/f/ii

hairstuff gallery Stacy's nature photography

Length
    pixie/hip/TB
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lora410 View Post
    I measured last night and came out with 24" then 25" so I just gave up. It is getting alot harder to measure as it gets longer. Whrn I hot BSL I oficially got over the checking for growth obsession.
    I guess I didn't really obsess over it, but I kept trying to measure so that I could have something to put in my stats but couldn't get an accurate measurement, I got anywhere from 24-26 when I joined, and I was an inch or two shy of BSL then. Now I'm a good 4 inches past BSL and still get 26-27. The math doesn't work. Maybe I'm shrinking.... or maybe it's a bra conspiracy?

Length
    17/28/Waist
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

Hmmm, I am now about 1 inch from the bottom of my bra. It WAS two inches, but I had an inch cut off this week for health. The splits were simply horrendous!!!!

I am happy to find this thread. I can't wait for waist. It's my second goal. BSL was first and classic is third!
    Amsel Joey
    The doggie love of my life

Length
    18"/25"/TB
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Oh how I wish I could be in this thread.....maybe next year Lora! Happy growing everyone!!
    Growing to BSL - currently at APL

Length
    19"/31"/hip
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I reached BSL over the summer and now have a good 5 or 6 inches until waist.
    I've been trying to stop obsessing over it, but still find myself looking over my shoulder at the mirror.
    Lady Enyo of the Brave Victory in the Order of the Longhaired Knights