Page 4 of 1487 FirstFirst ... 2345614541045041004 ... LastLast

Thread: BSL to WAIST take 2

Length
    MBL/APL/Clssc
    Type
    3c/F/M/ii

Default Re: BSL to WAIST take 2

I'm joining too. I have about 3-3.5 inches left till waist(stretched). I hope to reach there by early next year.

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Oh can I join, even though i am a flys nose away from the top of BSL, I was at BSL and went and trimmed, but I should officially be top by end of September and have another 3" (with old granny bra on!) to the bottom or 2" (with my normal one on!) and 6" until waist.

I am hoping to get to waist by august 09, then next and final stop is classic for me, but you never know!!!
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    nape/BSL/BCL?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

thanks for this thread! i was just wanting to seek out new hairstyles for my new length...

i'm at about 30" which for me--curse the long torso!--is about 6" from waist. sigh. i'm deep into mid-back though, which means i can make some cool hairstyles, if only i could think of some.

anybody have any really fancy ones? i have a big work event coming up in the next few weeks...
    i wish i had used olaplex BEFORE i bleached. sigh.

...henna will be my friend again someday

Length
    Chin/Apl+/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by twilight View Post
    thanks for this thread! i was just wanting to seek out new hairstyles for my new length...

i'm at about 30" which for me--curse the long torso!--is about 6" from waist. sigh. i'm deep into mid-back though, which means i can make some cool hairstyles, if only i could think of some.

anybody have any really fancy ones? i have a big work event coming up in the next few weeks...
    wow you must have a really long torso. I am 5'9 and waist is only 29 on me and 31 to hip.
    ​Jesus saved my life and is my savior
    Starting over current length: APL+.. GOAL: BACK TO HIP
    Nov 8th update pict

Type
    3a/3b/F/ii/iii

I would like to join. I am not quite sure how long my hair is. It is at least bra-strap length, I would say. I am still waiting for my hair to recover from some recent damage. After that I shall better know how close I am to waist-length. I am one of those persons wearing my hair up for a year, to distract myself from the length I do not have.

Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Still here. If I pull my hair out straight it shows growth, but if I leave it alone it spirals into tight coils at the bottom and looks like it has for the past four or five months, hovering right at BSL.

Length
    Chin/Apl+/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Poetic View Post
    I would like to join. I am not quite sure how long my hair is. It is at least bra-strap length, I would say. I am still waiting for my hair to recover from some recent damage. After that I shall better know how close I am to waist-length. I am one of those persons wearing my hair up for a year, to distract myself from the length I do not have.
    Some people consider Bsl when the hair touches the top of your bra strap and other like me consider it Bsl when it reaches the bottom of the strap..HTH
    ​Jesus saved my life and is my savior
    Starting over current length: APL+.. GOAL: BACK TO HIP
    Nov 8th update pict

Obsessive Oilaholic ChloeDharma's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/ii

This is such a familiar journey for me, i have a habit of growing to waist then chopping back to bra strap. This time though i wasn't actually wearing a bra so it got cut to just above bra strap, my length before was hiplength, but fairytale ends with serious thinning. If i don't trim i normally take a year to get to waist, but given i'm a bit above it....or maybe i'm at it now.....plus i intend to trim while i grow i'm going to allow a year and a half to be really generous.
    Plus now i'm not really obsessing about length anymore.....i used to loads, but i can really see the wisdom in Harpgal's advice on enjoying the journey now. I'm focusing on thickening up, and enjoying the oilings, massages, treatments and just connecting with my hair as a part of me and not cursing it for what goals i've not reached yet. My first length goal is waistlength, then after that, i'll see how it looks on the way to hiplength.....if it looks nice there then i'll just keep up the trims and see what happens.

I have to say, i've noticed alot of lovely hair in this thread.....some of you may be wishing your hair was longer.....but as an observer i think you can't see just how beautiful it looks already
    The heart would have no rainbow, had the eyes no tears.

Length
    chin/bcl/?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Curlsgirl View Post
    Me too! I have been waiting on waist forever and the curls don't help me get there either! I was about an inch away stretched and I thought I only got an inch trimmed but I think it was more because I am like 2 1/2 inches away stretched at least now. Oh well, the ends needed to go and it looks a lot better I think.

(takes a seat to wait with others)

How 'bout some cheese?
    *takes a slice of old cheddar*

What makes it even worse for me is that it will be likely years before I've grown out all of the old highlighted ends! *mournful face*

Length
    17"/38.5/45
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I noticed that when my hair was BSL I was able to do more styles with my hair, it kept body & curl a bit better, but had to be washed more often. . .

My hair seems to be stuck at waist, but I guess that's ok.
    You grow girl!