Page 2 of 1481 FirstFirst 123412521025021002 ... LastLast

Thread: BSL to WAIST take 2

Length
    19/28/40?
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: BSL to WAIST take 2

I had finally made it past BSL and realized that my longest lengths were just long layers. I had almost 2" trimmed off and now I am at the bottom of my bra strap. It will be about 4 more inches to waist now but the layers are pretty much gone and my hem is thicker.

Lady Dawn Nova Painter of Souls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    18"/MB/MB
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Interesting to read everyone's progress and thoughts on BSL to waist. I just hit BSL (25" in longest layer) but am going to maintain so the other stragglies can catch up until Feb 2009, then I hope to let it grow more bluntly to waist. I have never had waist length hair so I don't even know if it's possible. If I reach waist I will be so happy. I think it's a good 5 - 6" away from BSL though for me. Curse my long neck and torso

Length
    15/18/30
    Type
    3c/4a/M/C/iii

Well I cut off between 6-9 inches of hair, but I'm wondering how much length I need for my hair in it's curly state to appear waistlength. So I may have awhile...but that's okay! Growing it will be fun.
    Lady Mayauel of the Sacred Offering in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    chin/bcl/?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

I recently trimmed off an inch or so as the ends were so scraggley, but even at 28" my hair doesn't go that far down my back, maybe to the bottom of my bra! I must have a freakishly long neck and/or torso....

Length
    17/30/34
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/iii

Lora, thanks so much for reviving this thread! I was just thinking about trying to find this the other day....

I am so frustrated/impatient with my hair ever since I reached BSL! I'm having some kind of Hair Dysmorphia Disorder -- it just seems so short to me, even though it's the longest it's ever been. It feels like waist is so far away, and in my mind I'm a true longhair, but no one else can see it.

Wonder why this particular milestone feels so frustrating???

Tomorrow I'll post with more constructive and interesting things; tonight I just wanted to whine!
    *** watch this space ***

Im currently at BSL and i have 6 more inches til I get to waist, and it seems to be taking for freaking eVER

Length
    12 in/26.25/34 in
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I am just at bsl, cant wait to get to my waist grown 3/4 of an inch this month.
    Lady Cotytto of the Gleaming Jewels in the Order of the Long Haired Knights anyone else with fibromyalgia or RSD?

Length
    25/28/36
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

I'm in this group, I think, though my current mini-milestone is to reach BSL on ALL of my bras, when dry and unstretched. it feels like it's taking forever!

All that I've really managed to improve upon from the winter has been the health, and not the length. Gah, slow-growing hair. But I'll live!
    ~Ever-creeping to small-of-the-back length~
    2b/c, M, ii/iii

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by melikai View Post
    I recently trimmed off an inch or so as the ends were so scraggley, but even at 28" my hair doesn't go that far down my back, maybe to the bottom of my bra! I must have a freakishly long neck and/or torso....
    Me too! I have been waiting on waist forever and the curls don't help me get there either! I was about an inch away stretched and I thought I only got an inch trimmed but I think it was more because I am like 2 1/2 inches away stretched at least now. Oh well, the ends needed to go and it looks a lot better I think.

(takes a seat to wait with others)

How 'bout some cheese?

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Length
    Chin/Apl+/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Ohio Sky View Post
    I guess I didn't really obsess over it, but I kept trying to measure so that I could have something to put in my stats but couldn't get an accurate measurement, I got anywhere from 24-26 when I joined, and I was an inch or two shy of BSL then. Now I'm a good 4 inches past BSL and still get 26-27. The math doesn't work. Maybe I'm shrinking.... or maybe it's a bra conspiracy?
    I wanna say a bra conspiracy. Heck my hair only reached my bra strap (on a thin strap bra) when I blow dried it straight in july I think, and now it's at the bottom of my thicker bra straps when dry natural.
    ​Jesus saved my life and is my savior
    Starting over current length: APL+.. GOAL: BACK TO HIP
    Nov 8th update pict