Results 14,911 to 14,919 of 14919

Thread: BSL to WAIST take 2

Length
    SL/MBL/WL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: BSL to WAIST take 2

Quote Originally Posted by Waveurly View Post
    Well I guess you are not too far off either! Trims sometimes can set back a bit but I like to slightly trim every now and then, otherwise my ends will be and feel way more tangly! Good you're still here haha I'm not alone

You seem to be aaaaalmost waist, like the tips are brushing.. maybe just a tiny bit longer?
    Yeah I'm here with you! Watching everyone come and go lol I'm resisting the temptation to skip trimming to get longer quick but for me it's not worth it in the long run. My ends get terrible and I get the urge to get a big cut. We'll get there, sooner than later

And I agree, your tips are almost there leafygreens18, super close! Lovely hair

Length
    12/27in/36 in
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Does anyone else have this problem? I'm about two cm from waist, and each time I measure it, it seems the measurements never change - and it even feels shorter sometimes, just feeling with my fingers to see where it's at. Logic tells me it MUST be growing - my ends are good, no splits or breakage, all healthy as far as I can tell. I'm a little worried becaus I have very fine hair, and I wonder sometimes if it just breaks off easily because it's so fine. I wear it up in claw-clips every single day and I can't see any problems with my ends... very frustrating.

On a brighter note, I have finally found a bun that actually looks nice and reasonably full on my head - the infinity figure-8 bun, I do need one hair pin in to hold the end tucked in, but it's a start. Hair toys here I come! ����

Length
    Hip/TBL+/CL+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ZoeZ View Post
    Does anyone else have this problem? I'm about two cm from waist, and each time I measure it, it seems the measurements never change - and it even feels shorter sometimes, just feeling with my fingers to see where it's at. Logic tells me it MUST be growing - my ends are good, no splits or breakage, all healthy as far as I can tell. I'm a little worried becaus I have very fine hair, and I wonder sometimes if it just breaks off easily because it's so fine. I wear it up in claw-clips every single day and I can't see any problems with my ends... very frustrating.

On a brighter note, I have finally found a bun that actually looks nice and reasonably full on my head - the infinity figure-8 bun, I do need one hair pin in to hold the end tucked in, but it's a start. Hair toys here I come! ����
    My length is different, but I can definitely relate to your experience. I can only really see consistent length gains at seasonal intervals, so every 3 months or so. If I attempt to check my length monthly, it can feel (let alone look) very different despite my trying to keep my posture the same.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Length
    26 in/30 in/32 in
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Got hubby to measure for me yesterday. I am now at 30 inches, yay. I also got him to remeasure what waist would be for me. I had previously thought 34 inches. Apparently I can't measure that on my own as he said nope 32.5 would be waist. I am thrilled about that! It means I am only 2 inches away. I guess I can call my hair mbl now. That would nice, as I have been using bsl for 3 years now. Kind of getting tired of that and am ready to call it something else. I seem to be getting 1/2 in growth a month. I think might try the inversion method with scalp massage this month and see if it does anything to speed up growth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibrah View Post
    Got hubby to measure for me yesterday. I am now at 30 inches, yay. I also got him to remeasure what waist would be for me. I had previously thought 34 inches. Apparently I can't measure that on my own as he said nope 32.5 would be waist. I am thrilled about that! It means I am only 2 inches away. I guess I can call my hair mbl now. That would nice, as I have been using bsl for 3 years now. Kind of getting tired of that and am ready to call it something else. I seem to be getting 1/2 in growth a month. I think might try the inversion method with scalp massage this month and see if it does anything to speed up growth.
    Yay for it being closer than you thought! I've never tried the inversion method, but the machines look interesting I'd like to try it to stretch my back
    Hair journey:
    February 2019: 30"
    February 2020: 35"

Hmm yeah, how often are you measuring? Maybe skip a month or two and then recheck, could just be growing slow for monthly checks, but the progress would show up better after two or three?
    Hair journey:
    February 2019: 30"
    February 2020: 35"

Length
    13/27.5/40
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Yep, that's where I'm at too! Although the first time I measured where waist would be I got 29", and the second time I got 30", so it could be measuring error on my part. But it still feels like my hair has been stuck in the same place for a while now. Maybe I should measure again, it's been a while...

Length
    24,5/25,5/?
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

I had to cut off almost 5 cm so about 2 inches a few weeks ago and I'm pretty much back at bra strap lenght and it's so frustrating because I've been at this lenght for half a year now and I just hate it when my hair is at the front on my chest, it looks to me like shoulder lenght. I don't know if it's my hair type but I feel like I'll never have long hair.
    I had to cut it because it was previously bleached and I was having too much breakage..

The journey continues Eastbound&Down's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/SL/Hip
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Klalab View Post
    I had to cut off almost 5 cm so about 2 inches a few weeks ago and I'm pretty much back at bra strap lenght and it's so frustrating because I've been at this lenght for half a year now and I just hate it when my hair is at the front on my chest, it looks to me like shoulder lenght. I don't know if it's my hair type but I feel like I'll never have long hair.
    I had to cut it because it was previously bleached and I was having too much breakage..
    I'm sorry, I know that's super frustrating. Perhaps you can do a wear it up challenge for a little bit to try and ignore it?
    CL(14")~SL(15")~APL(21")~BSL(25")~WL(27")~HL(30")
    Last cut 11 Jan '21