Page 1489 of 1493 FirstFirst ... 48998913891439147914871488148914901491 ... LastLast
Results 14,881 to 14,890 of 14926

Thread: BSL to WAIST take 2

Length
    0.5"/26"/HL
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Default Re: BSL to WAIST take 2

Quote Originally Posted by wo View Post
    I think I'm at waist length this month freshly washed and at its curliest. I took lots of pics from different angles and I think I'm there. So hurray because that was a long annoying growth phase. I probably won't cut back shorter than waist anytime soon.
    Woah wo! I love your curl pattern, and such beautiful healthy looking hair! Congratulations on waist

Quote Originally Posted by Jane99 View Post
    I think I’m going to call it too, after much deliberation over the last few months. Day 2 braid waves

Jane99 congratulations! Your hair fills up the entire mirror, and definitely has hit waist
    Last edited by illicitlizard; April 22nd, 2021 at 01:25 AM.
    No trim challenge second half of 2020. Goal is growing 'long', healthy, undyed hair after a buzz in Jan '18.
    Buzz-SL[18"]-APL[21"]-BSL[25"]-WL[28"]-HL[32"]

Length
    BSL/Waist/TBL+
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

Does anybody else think we really kind of need new milestone markers for the lengths between apl and waist? "BSL" is the only length not named by or based on a body part and so not only is it highly variable based on what bra you happen to be wearing, but it excludes men and others who don't wear a bra. Further "MBL" is super vague and could mean anything from just past bsl to solid waist. I remember how frustrated I was with trying to figure out when to call my length MBL. I'm only sure of my length milestone now that I'm at waist.

I've heard once or twice people using bsl to stand for "below shoulder-blade length" and I like that much better because its based on a body part and is gender-neutral. I personally decided to define mbl on my body as the area where my spine curves inward so idk- maybe that would work as a definition point.

Length
    BSL/Waist/TBL+
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

oops, double post

Length
    0.5"/26"/HL
    Type
    1c/F/ii

MBL is such a nebulous marker I agree Handel'sWig! BSL is definitely gendered in some ways, never considered it could be different amongst bra wearers, since the bra band is supposed to sit level with the base of the breast tissue so position would be based on anatomical variation only as much as for other markers. But yeah, below shoulder blade length is much harder to measure for me, can't really feel them easily (and it would have been even harder when I was larger).

If someone has some ideas for marker lengths that are more inclusive no harm in adding them to an interchangeable pool imo

------------------------------------

On another topic, took a picture to see how far I am from waist as my last picture apparently looked like it was there. Tried to get a more accurate angle by standing on tippy toes I still have >1 inch to go, waist is at the bottom of the red belt (which looks to be 27.5" rather than the 28" I measured by grabby handsing behind me, I'm keeping the milestone at 28")
    No trim challenge second half of 2020. Goal is growing 'long', healthy, undyed hair after a buzz in Jan '18.
    Buzz-SL[18"]-APL[21"]-BSL[25"]-WL[28"]-HL[32"]

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Handel'sWig View Post
    Does anybody else think we really kind of need new milestone markers for the lengths between apl and waist? "BSL" is the only length not named by or based on a body part and so not only is it highly variable based on what bra you happen to be wearing, but it excludes men and others who don't wear a bra. Further "MBL" is super vague and could mean anything from just past bsl to solid waist. I remember how frustrated I was with trying to figure out when to call my length MBL. I'm only sure of my length milestone now that I'm at waist.

I've heard once or twice people using bsl to stand for "below shoulder-blade length" and I like that much better because its based on a body part and is gender-neutral. I personally decided to define mbl on my body as the area where my spine curves inward so idk- maybe that would work as a definition point.
    Totally agree! Iíve never used BSL, pointless, too variable and what about those who donít wear bras? No other landmarks involve clothing either - no-one says jumper length for instance

All landmarks should be anatomical. I use inferior angle of the scapula, which is the bottom point of the shoulder blade. Once I got to the endless abyss of MBL I started using my vertebrae as markers
    No Water Sebum Only since November 2020. Previously water only. Crossed to the dark side and now rocking sebum only. Feral hair nirvana loading...

The journey continues Eastbound&Down's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/SL/Hip
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Feral_ View Post
    Totally agree! Iíve never used BSL, pointless, too variable and what about those who donít wear bras? No other landmarks involve clothing either - no-one says jumper length for instance

All landmarks should be anatomical. I use inferior angle of the scapula, which is the bottom point of the shoulder blade. Once I got to the endless abyss of MBL I started using my vertebrae as markers
    I think BSL can ben done by placing a towel or something just under the busy line (or pec line for those without a bust) so I've never had an issue with it. MBL on the other hand, I don't use at all, its just the no man's land on the way to WL for me. Once I call BSL, I just use BSL+ until I get to WL.

Length
    26 in/30 in/32 in
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Handel'sWig View Post

The sternum could be used instead of bra strap as they are at the same area. It would require the person to put a belt, sash or something around the body to though. I planned to just use halfway between waist and bsl for mbl since it's so vague.

Quote Originally Posted by illicitlizard View Post
    MBL is such a nebulous marker I agree Handel'sWig! BSL is definitely gendered in some ways, never considered it could be different amongst bra wearers, since the bra band is supposed to sit level with the base of the breast tissue so position would be based on anatomical variation only as much as for other markers. But yeah, below shoulder blade length is much harder to measure for me, can't really feel them easily (and it would have been even harder when I was larger).

If someone has some ideas for marker lengths that are more inclusive no harm in adding them to an interchangeable pool imo

------------------------------------

On another topic, took a picture to see how far I am from waist as my last picture apparently looked like it was there. Tried to get a more accurate angle by standing on tippy toes I still have >1 inch to go, waist is at the bottom of the red belt (which looks to be 27.5" rather than the 28" I measured by grabby handsing behind me, I'm keeping the milestone at 28")
    Your hair is just beautiful and shiny! I so wish I were shorter some days. My hair is 29.5 inches and no where near waist, I am still a half inch from what I would call mbl. Waist for is 34 inches.

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Eastbound&Down View Post
    I think BSL can ben done by placing a towel or something just under the busy line (or pec line for those without a bust) so I've never had an issue with it. MBL on the other hand, I don't use at all, its just the no man's land on the way to WL for me. Once I call BSL, I just use BSL+ until I get to WL.
    BSL - still too variable depending on where that is. Pec line is not the same as bust line, anatomically. Pec major or pec minor? Male vs female there’s a difference.
    No Water Sebum Only since November 2020. Previously water only. Crossed to the dark side and now rocking sebum only. Feral hair nirvana loading...

Length
    13/27.5/40
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Some days I feel really close to waist and others I still feel inches away! Argh!

I don't find BSL pointless personally, as it's one of the easiest to measure markers for me. I do agree it's a bit variable depending on what bra you're wearing, and may be a strange or difficult marker for those who don't wear bras. I think if we used shoulder blade length instead everyone would end up measuring by placing a belt or towel around the same place a bra band goes anyway. Regardless, BSL can stand for both below shoulderblade length and bra strap length, so does it matter which one individuals interpret it as?

some out of the way corner of the universe
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Body markers can also be confusing because we have different body proportions. For example, I'm quite tall but have a short back and high hip bones so waist and hip length are a lot shorter than they are on someone else. Inches or better yet, centimetres is the most accurate measure but perhaps not the easiest to determine if one doesn't have a measuring assistant.
    CL/SL/APL/BSL/WL
    123456 months since trimming