Page 1422 of 1430 FirstFirst ... 42292213221372141214201421142214231424 ... LastLast
Results 14,211 to 14,220 of 14298

Thread: BSL to WAIST take 2

  1. #14211

    Default Re: BSL to WAIST take 2

    I had this dream last night that I tried trimming a tiny amount off my hair, and I ended up with layers from APL to BSL. Thing is, I took off maybe half a cm in my dream, but this translated to several inches.

    I was so glad to feel my hair was where I left it when I woke up!

  2. #14212
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    303/720
    Age
    49
    Posts
    22
    Length
    14/31.5/Term
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

    Default Re: BSL to WAIST take 2

    I really debated putting this picture up or not but here we go...
    The goal was to make WL by Christmas, which should have been just about the right timing. I even put myself into the "Waist by Christmas 2019" thread to keep me honest. I've been avoiding obsessive length checks and I wasn't sure I was going to make it, so I had a friend take a quick length shot for me while we were out on the town Friday night.



    It looks like I may have made it - just barely. On the positive side, this is without a doubt the longest my hair's ever been.
    Unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to call it/let myself graduate to the next length thread just yet. This was a really difficult year for me, and it looks like my benign neglect may not have been quite as "benign" as I thought. I'm very disappointed in the condition of my hair in this shot, and it feels like unless I can find a good way to salvage the length I've got and make it look better, the new year is likely to start off with a significant trim. Maybe not all the way back to BSL, but pretty close.

    Is there a proper place/thread to look for suggestions on how I might be able to recover without a big chop? Feeling kinda frustrated at the moment.

  3. #14213
    ^ YLVA, not YIVA! Ylva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Finland/Norway
    Posts
    5,343
    Length
    HL/HL+/~CL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

    Default Re: BSL to WAIST take 2

    JamieN, what's your haircare routine like? Maybe there is something there that you can improve.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.
    TBL by Yule 2020 | Classic by Yule 2020 | No-trimming 2020 (first half)


  4. #14214
    Member jane_marie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    surrounded by corn
    Posts
    1,241
    Length
    0"/WL/?
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

    Default Re: BSL to WAIST take 2

    Almost there... Thinking I might be able to call it at my January or February length check. I had hoped my hair would hit WL by the new year but I don't think it's going to happen. Oh well.



  5. #14215
    Member Arciela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,056
    Length
    APL/TBL/term
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

    Default Re: BSL to WAIST take 2

    Quote Originally Posted by jane_marie View Post
    Almost there... Thinking I might be able to call it at my January or February length check. I had hoped my hair would hit WL by the new year but I don't think it's going to happen. Oh well.

    You are so close!! yay!! Looks so pretty

  6. #14216
    Member ExpectoPatronum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,387
    Length
    APL/MBL/CLSC
    Type
    3a/M/iii

    Default Re: BSL to WAIST take 2

    Quote Originally Posted by jane_marie View Post
    Almost there... Thinking I might be able to call it at my January or February length check. I had hoped my hair would hit WL by the new year but I don't think it's going to happen. Oh well.

    You're almost there! You'll be at waist by February for certain - barring any kind of stall happening.

    Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019

    APL-BSL-MBL-WST-HIP-CLSC
    My Recipe Blog


  7. #14217
    Member jane_marie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    surrounded by corn
    Posts
    1,241
    Length
    0"/WL/?
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

    Default Re: BSL to WAIST take 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Arciela View Post
    You are so close!! yay!! Looks so pretty
    So close and so far away!

    Quote Originally Posted by ExpectoPatronum View Post
    You're almost there! You'll be at waist by February for certain - barring any kind of stall happening.

    You know the weird thing is that I measured throughout the month and thought I was in the middle of a stall. I don't get it. Hopefully I go back to my quickish growth rate. I'm excited for my hair to get to WL and move over to the next thread.


  8. #14218
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    303/720
    Age
    49
    Posts
    22
    Length
    14/31.5/Term
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

    Default Re: BSL to WAIST take 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    JamieN, what's your haircare routine like? Maybe there is something there that you can improve.
    If this gets too meta or off-topic for the thread, let me know.

    Prior to this past year I had a good routine of shampoo/condition once a week, with CO twice in between, and WO otherwise. Was also using argan oil every day or two. It felt like my hair was at least healthy and growth was reasonable and consistent. It would still sometimes feel a bit dry or frizzy, but we have a SUPER-dry climate here, so a little bit of that was expected.
    Just over a year ago, due to a significant trauma, my care routine got kinda disrupted. I did my best to maintain the washing/conditioning schedule, but for a few months that alone was about all I could muster. Hair care took a back seat to other health concerns, but I kept my length goal in mind and tried to stay focused on that. I honestly didn't think it was getting too bad, but recent pictures seem to tell a different story - especially compared to pictures from ~18 months ago.
    I'm getting better about re-establishing to the routine I was on before. I guess I'm just not sure if that alone is going to be enough. And if not, what else can I do to try to undo some of what's happened in the last year. I don't really want to take off a bunch of length, but if it means a better starting point going forward, I can accept that.

  9. #14219
    I will eat all your tofu maborosi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Bayou City (AKA: Floodtown)
    Posts
    2,591
    Length
    16"/31.5"/55"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

    Default Re: BSL to WAIST take 2

    I'm getting closer and closer to reaching waist-length again! It's exciting to be doing all these milestones again!
    (I'm a weirdo who used her hair-length goals as benchmarks for like...everything, LOL!)
    When I feel better and get over this awful whatever-illness I have, I'll post some pics!
    I measured a smidge (like 1/8 of an inch) under 30" today.
    Last edited by maborosi; December 10th, 2019 at 11:33 PM.

  10. #14220
    ^ YLVA, not YIVA! Ylva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Finland/Norway
    Posts
    5,343
    Length
    HL/HL+/~CL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

    Default Re: BSL to WAIST take 2

    Quote Originally Posted by JamieN View Post
    If this gets too meta or off-topic for the thread, let me know.

    Prior to this past year I had a good routine of shampoo/condition once a week, with CO twice in between, and WO otherwise. Was also using argan oil every day or two. It felt like my hair was at least healthy and growth was reasonable and consistent. It would still sometimes feel a bit dry or frizzy, but we have a SUPER-dry climate here, so a little bit of that was expected.
    Just over a year ago, due to a significant trauma, my care routine got kinda disrupted. I did my best to maintain the washing/conditioning schedule, but for a few months that alone was about all I could muster. Hair care took a back seat to other health concerns, but I kept my length goal in mind and tried to stay focused on that. I honestly didn't think it was getting too bad, but recent pictures seem to tell a different story - especially compared to pictures from ~18 months ago.
    I'm getting better about re-establishing to the routine I was on before. I guess I'm just not sure if that alone is going to be enough. And if not, what else can I do to try to undo some of what's happened in the last year. I don't really want to take off a bunch of length, but if it means a better starting point going forward, I can accept that.
    I think trying to get back to the haircare routine you know works well for your hair is a good starting point. You also mentioned trauma. That can cause all sorts of physical symptoms (I know all about that!), including shedding and other hair changes. Undoing that takes time, and stress (both physical and emotional) has a tendency to be accumulative, so really making it a priority to learn to relax and wind down is one of the biggest health favours one can do. Various relaxation practices are actually a part of my "haircare routine" now.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.
    TBL by Yule 2020 | Classic by Yule 2020 | No-trimming 2020 (first half)


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •