Page 1399 of 1400 FirstFirst ... 3998991299134913891397139813991400 LastLast
Results 13,981 to 13,990 of 13995

Thread: BSL to WAIST take 2

Type
    2a/F/i

Default Re: BSL to WAIST take 2

Well, I feel pretty stuck at midback. I just measured. Stretched and straightened out, I only have about 2 inches to waist. But, I have waves, so it will probably be awhile longer before it looks like it is waist length. Then it's on to tbl for my next milestone.

Hugs,

Nancy Marie
    Very Victorian.

Length
    14 in/25 in/32 in
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I'm new here and all this measurement stuff is like Greek to me.
    My hair is wavy and I am told it's a 2b. I have trimmed about 6 inches off my hair over the year trying to get thicker ends as I don't like the tapered look.
    My hair is just a inch or two shy of waist length. I always kept it dark but lightened it professionally for summer with the new bilayge look. It was very pretty at first but has becme brassy. Anyway...I want to grow my hair out to classic length before my wedding and darken it again for October.

I trimmed my hair again so I値l probably be here for a long time. I知 fed up of my longest layer being so thin so I知 trying to get rid of that as much as possible.

Length
    24''/30''/32''
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Welcome to Lions-mane and nondescript!

Length
    0 in!/27 in/??
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Welp, my just-barely-at-waist phase was short lived. My ends wound up getting EXTREMELY damaged after going in a pool and I decided to trim them back a bit. I tried to "revive" them, tried to see if maybe it was just short-term dryness, but nothing helped much. Personally I can't stand the feeling of super dry ends so trimming was worth it even if it meant losing a bit of length. I trimmed slightly less than an inch off, so I'm hoping by mid fall to be fully at waist

Short Term Goal-TBLLong Term Goal-Classic

Quote Originally Posted by nondescript View Post
    I trimmed my hair again so I値l probably be here for a long time. I知 fed up of my longest layer being so thin so I知 trying to get rid of that as much as possible.
    Ugh, me too. I was at 27 inches (2 inches from waist) and I was finally getting happy with my length... Then I trimmed it and cut 2 inches off. I wanted it to be more like 1.5 inches but oh well. My ends did have horrific splits because it had been 6 months since I trimmed. 2 inches was probably needed to make sure they were all gone.

But now I'm back at BSL which I hate... There's something about this length that just looks so awkward on me and whenever my hair is BSL or shorter it puffs out like crazy. I get 80s hair!!

I really hope it grows back quickly because I was enjoying having long hair again. Seems so short now!

Quote Originally Posted by Servana View Post

But now I'm back at BSL which I hate... There's something about this length that just looks so awkward on me and whenever my hair is BSL or shorter it puffs out like crazy. I get 80s hair!!

I really hope it grows back quickly because I was enjoying having long hair again. Seems so short now!

I'm back at BSL as well but coming from a short bob after a BIG chop in Nov 18 so I'm actually happy to be at BSL. For me everything shorter is just annoying because buns just don't work and updo's fall apart easily and require a lot of pins. I did like the freedom of wearing it down without sitting on it and the like. And like you I got my waves/curls back. It doesn't really puff out (unless I brush it out)but there is lots of structure and volume and general crazyness going on and I really like that. It softens the look of buns and updo's a lot. I wear glasses, no fringe/bangs so wearing it up I give off "strict librarian" vibes. Sadly BSL for me is the point where the curls slowly start to loosen again, especially at the crown, as well as the point where buns finally work well again (LWB and Disc) so the CG Method (my modified version, at least) or my curlformers come heavily into play to alleviate that.

I'm not actively growing it out, meaning I won't meassure regularly and i certainly won't set a goal or I'll just start obsessing and getting frustrated how slow it all goes. Mostly I'll just leave it alone, don't trim, keep it healthy and just try different buns/updo's from time to time to see if it's long enough yet. I'll just try to enjoy it the way it is at any given point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Servana View Post
    Ugh, me too. I was at 27 inches (2 inches from waist) and I was finally getting happy with my length... Then I trimmed it and cut 2 inches off. I wanted it to be more like 1.5 inches but oh well. My ends did have horrific splits because it had been 6 months since I trimmed. 2 inches was probably needed to make sure they were all gone.

I知 happy with the slightly thicker hemline though and I like 80s hair. I also feel like my hair is longer the less layers I have.

Length
    BSL/BSL/CL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Ahh I'm back at BSL too... I was made to get an unwanted haircut (not that I was physically forced into it, but I have trouble saying no) and she took off 2.5 inches, which is 2.5 more than I wanted. So much for waist by fall
    Not to mention the awful mess she chopped my bangs and face-framing layers into. I think I'll be wearing a lot of topknots for a while before those grow out and I can trim them back into something presentable.

Quote Originally Posted by nondescript View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Ahh I'm back at BSL too... I was made to get an unwanted haircut (not that I was physically forced into it, but I have trouble saying no) and she took off 2.5 inches, which is 2.5 more than I wanted. So much for waist by fall
    Not to mention the awful mess she chopped my bangs and face-framing layers into. I think I'll be wearing a lot of topknots for a while before those grow out and I can trim them back into something presentable.
    Oh no ☹️ Let's all hope for quick growth! Just another 4-5 months to get back to what it was. Updos indeed! Time to set and forget, and focus on hair health rather than length. It'll get there!