Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Celtic Knot

Length
    21"/25/29
    Type
    2a/F/iii

Default Celtic Knot

I really want to be able to do a Celtic Knot! I'm at 23 inches with about a 4 inch diameter pony tail. Is my hair too thick at this length to pull this off? I seem to be all thumbs when trying to pull the tail through. I did try a celtic knot with a half updo and it worked fine. (mmm may be I should try a double wonder how two celtic knots would look?)

Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by atlantaz3 View Post
    I really want to be able to do a Celtic Knot! I'm at 23 inches with about a 4 inch diameter pony tail. Is my hair too thick at this length to pull this off? I seem to be all thumbs when trying to pull the tail through. I did try a celtic knot with a half updo and it worked fine. (mmm may be I should try a double wonder how two celtic knots would look?)
    I think that maybe your hair is too short and thick for this style. Just enjoy it as a half up for now, and keep trying. Remember, there are many wonderful styles that you can wear at this length that people who have gone longer have lost. Do you do French Twists? Gibson Tucks? Tucked or draped French Braids?

Length
    19/30/36
    Type
    1a/F/ii

My hair is just over 26 inches long, and I'm on the lower end of a ii thickness. I can't quite do that knot yet, although another inch or two might do it.

I agree with trying a Celtic knot halfup. That's a very pretty look!

somewhere between discontent & disillusionment
    Length
    short/BSL/waist
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/iii

Does anybody have a link to instructions for this Celtic knot halfup? My hair is stupid-thick too, and I'd like to be able to do something pretty with it while it grows out.

Thanks!
    "We dare not despair, because in a real crisis the pessimists die fast." - Bruce Sterling

Length
    nape/waist/waist
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Noooooooooooooo! Another updo that sounds pretty that I probably can't do until at least tailbone! Darn you, stupid-thick hair!

Length
    20/Hip/TB
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Can anyone supply the link to Celtic Knot directions?

January 2016

Length
    21"/25/29
    Type
    2a/F/iii

http://youtube.com/watch?v=POe9Bs5yNGE
    Keltischer Knoten I watched with sound off - this also has some other cool videos.
    Basically what I did was gather hair to be in the half up make a loop, wrap the tail around the loop and then pull tail through loop you may need to move the knot closer to scalp, press flat and then tuck what is left of tail around and under knot. Pin or hair stick in place.

I'm wearing a french twist today, love gibson anything, french braids I can do but I'm at a loss as to what to do with the tassel. I haven't mastered turning the french part into regular braid and looking presentable. I did finish one french braid off with a flip through pony that I thought looked nice.
    Last edited by atlantaz3; March 18th, 2008 at 02:41 PM.

Length
    13/37/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I did it! Except there's no way I can hold it with a hairstick. My hair's too slippery for that. Oh well.

*I just have to comment on how pleasant it is to watch those hairdo videos. That girl has such beautiful golden hair and it looks so soft. You ladies with soft tame Caucasian hair don't know how good you got it when it comes to updos.
    Last edited by sapphire-o; March 18th, 2008 at 04:38 PM.

Account Closed by Member Request

I don't think your hair will have to be too much longer. The girl in the video seemed to have quite a bit of extra length to tuck away. Anyway, good luck and thanks for sharing that link!

Quote Originally Posted by sapphire-o View Post
    I did it! Except there's no way I can hold it with a hairstick. My hair's too slippery for that. Oh well.

*I just have to comment on how pleasant it is to watch those hairdo videos. That girl has such beautiful golden hair and it looks so soft. You ladies with soft tame Caucasian hair don't know how good you got it when it comes to updos.
    But your hair is so beautiful and dark!