Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Celtic Knot

Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    How long is your hair? I sort of pull my bun out from my head and hide the wraps behind the bun, if that makes sense.
    I'd have to get my mom's help to make sure the tape measure is straight, but I think it's about 50". Wrapping the tail behind the bun does make sense, I just need to figure out less unwieldy. I've been trying it just now and every time it gets a bit better, so I'm sure there's a knack to wrapping that I'll discover.

for the love of dragons dagonlilly's Avatar
    Length
    16/37/hip

Quote Originally Posted by atlantaz3 View Post
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=POe9Bs5yNGE
    Keltischer Knoten I watched with sound off - this also has some other cool videos.
    Basically what I did was gather hair to be in the half up make a loop, wrap the tail around the loop and then pull tail through loop you may need to move the knot closer to scalp, press flat and then tuck what is left of tail around and under knot. Pin or hair stick in place.

LOL watching her videos makes me want to put my german language CDs in. My hair is too thick for this knott .

Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaihiril View Post
    Um. Is it possible for hair to be too long for the Celtic Knot? I'm just not sure what to do with the tail after I've made the two loops, it still seems long and wrapping it makes the bun look odd. I'm sure I'm must be doing something odd to make it like that but....any tips?
    I think hair can be too long for this style. I'm just past 40" and I find that the tail sticks out/comes out after a while when I do it. I do tuck it in, and it used to work, but now it's being difficult. I do variation of the bun (loop to the other side and tucked tail). I'm still working on it, and I've developed a variation where I run a second loop through the first one and then put the stick into that one. I'm calling it the Triton Trumpet because that's what it looks like to me--or maybe just the Shell bun. I have a pic posted on my hair page which can be linked from my home page in my siggy. Sorry, I can't seem to get any pics to post here, or I'd post it directly. For hair 50" long, instead of just turning the tail right through the loop, I'd wrap it around the bun and then run it through the loop. At least that's what I planning on doing at 50"!