Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conditioner Recs? Chealating/Clarifying shampoo Recs?

Default Conditioner Recs? Chealating/Clarifying shampoo Recs?

Looking for a good conditioner from drugstore or beauty supply houses That is deeply moisturizing but doesn't make hair oily or weigh it down. I have super fine thin hair. Also wouldn't mind recommendations for a chelating or clarifying shampoo to deal with velcro ends.

Length
    SL/CL+/WL+
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Conditioner Recs? Chealating/Clarifying shampoo Recs?

I have fine hair (but not thin hair) and I used to LOVE Aussie 3mm.

Shoulder--APL--BSL--Waist--Tailbone+
    Disc bun tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1YzsZ_s-U4

Extraordinary Wordsmith WaitingSoLong's Avatar
    Length
    MTL/BSL/none
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I use Joico chelating poo for clarifying and chelating. I use Pantene Ice Shine S&C. I have fine hair, ii thickness. I have never felt it weighs my hair down at all.

~WSL~My YouTube tutorials with Classic+ Hair
    FTL in 2013. Back to waist/virgin 2014. Virgin thigh 2018. Cut back to waist July 2018

Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

I use vo5 shampoo and conditioner. I use sauve to clarify next I'm trying vo5 for that.

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com

Length
    2"/5"/APL
    Type
    1c/F/i/ii

Another vote for Joico Chelating shampoo although I only use it about once a month as it really does what it says and strips everything out so I wouldn't use it too much on my thin, fine hair.

The conditoners I use tend to change a lot as I get bored using the same ones. But I like Tresemme Naturals Conditioner which I use when I CO a few times a week. I love Nexxus Luxxtress Leave-in hair moisturiser but it does have cones in it which my hair loves although not everyone's hair does. I also use Giovanni Leave-in Conditioner as well although you have to be careful on the amount as it can feel a bit waxy but that one doesn't have cones in.
    Lou x
    Pixie/Ear/Just below ear/just below chin/SL/CBL/APL/BSL

Extraordinary Wordsmith WaitingSoLong's Avatar
    Length
    MTL/BSL/none
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Yes, definitely only use the Joice once a month or so. It is also an after-swim shampoo (gets out chlorine) FYI.

~WSL~My YouTube tutorials with Classic+ Hair
    FTL in 2013. Back to waist/virgin 2014. Virgin thigh 2018. Cut back to waist July 2018

Length
    SL/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/C/iii

Joico cheating shampoo strips eeeeeverything. My hair had absolutely ridiculous volume after using it lol. I'd give it a vote for worth the money. I use it every three months in my washes before or after a trim (whichever is closest to the day of the trim).

Length
    18?/24/27
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Another vote for joico chelating shampoo.
    I do like it..Havent even had to use it in several months though. It really does do nicely. As well, it does not leave my hair in a knotted dry damaged feeling knot.
    Taking an LHC break.

Length
    Chin/???/???
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

Yet another Joico recommendation. Their chelating shampoo is quite impressive. I use it about every six week, whenever my hair starts to behave badly. I have completely different hair texture than the OP (super thick and wavy) so my everyday shampoo and conditioner recs probably won't be beneficial.
    "There is not enough darkness in the world to extinguish the light of one small candle." - Spanish Proverb
    Hip length to Pixie, now growing long again. Currently past SL, heading to APL.

Type
    3a/3b/F/iii

I wouldn't use a chelating shampoo unless you really need to (have mineral build up), but Joico is very good. I have well water, and I use the Joico shampoo probably twice a year or so. I do citric acid rinses after every wash, and that's enough of a mild chelator to keep my hair in pretty good shape.

OK, I went back and read the other thread. Since your hair is pretty fragile, I would try clarifying, but not chelating unless you really have a specific reason you think you need to (swimming a lot, well water, etc.). If you do chelate, follow with a heavy-duty moisture treatment because your hair will be stripped and dry. I'd suspect that the issue is with the highlights causing damage over time, so protein and moisture are going to be your friend!