Thread: I thought my fellow BBB users would be amused...

Length
    Pixie/CBL/??
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default I thought my fellow BBB users would be amused...

I just found an article on the news "debunking hair myths" and while many of them were true this one particularly amused me. They said that you should by no means brush your hair 100 times a day, and should in fact brush as minimally as possible and above all else avoid using a brush with natural bristles as this will cause friction in the scalp which will lead to cuticle damage and breakage.
    I could understand this being true for curlies but they are saying this for everyone and I just found it funny. My hair seems to love my BBB and doesn't seem to be suffering. Just thought I'd share.
    Lady Hayley of IMAGINATION, Seeker of the Moon and the Silver Sea in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

Default Re: I thought my fellow BBB users would be amused...

That's different my hair loves my boar bristle brush.

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com

Length
    Chin/Shldr/Hip
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

Hmm... I have wurls and waves, and my hair still loves BBB...
    Lady Verisiel of the Triskle Tresses in the Order of the Long Haired Knights ~ Current Mini Goal: APL by DEC 2013

Length
    APL+/TBL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

When it comes to full-on curly hair, yeah, a BBB is a bad idea. But for everyone else it seems to be a healthy habit. All it would give me is cotton-candy hair.

Length
    18"/24"/40"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

My hair is 2b/3a, I decide to try my grandmas BBB afew months ago. . .OMG never again the resulting splits were terrible!

**********SL ***APL*** BSL *** WL *** HL

Length
    SL/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/C/iii

I recently bought a BB paddle brush at Sally's. It's been a couple weeks of 100 strokes upside down every night, and my hair is looking better for it. Keeps it looking fresh. *shrug*

Length
    Pixie/CBL/??
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I can certainly see where curly hair would hate the brushing. Mine is only slightly wavy and loves it. I just found it funny that this article thinks brushes with natural bristles are so bad. I feel like the person who wrote this article would be shocked and horrified by the LHC!
    Lady Hayley of IMAGINATION, Seeker of the Moon and the Silver Sea in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Very early in my LHC journey, I tried using a BBB. It was a disaster. Very fine, 2c/3a hair and BBB do not a good combo make! I bought a good quality BBB, was gentle, oiled etc - only for the brush to snag, rip, torture my poor hair.
    My hair is short now, and I'm no longer trying to grow it long (personal and health reasons), but when it's dry I can't even get a comb through it let alone a BBB!

I've often wondered if those ladies in pictures from the early 1900s, with wonderfully frizzy hair, had my hair type treated to 100 strokes of BBB 365 days a year all their lives. It would explain all the volume and the texture, even without the false hair thrown in!

Length
    21"/30"/30"
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I actually agree, although I don't agree with natural bristles being a problem. I think minimal manipulation of hair is best, and I do agree that you should minimize friction and brush as little as possible. Unnecessarily playing with your hair is discouraged, so I don't see why unnecessary brushing wouldn't be discouraged either.