Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A little mad at my hair..

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Default A little mad at my hair..

It's not REALLY my hair's fault but I just feel really discouraged about it. I got a trim the other day which it needed and while it was blown straight it didn't seem too much shorter but I left it curly this time and it's above BSL again by about an inch when curly! It is curling much better but still I am just feeling down about it. I guess I need to put it up but then I started to do my old standby Figure 8 this morning and it wasn't long enough WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, just wanted to whine. It's raining and that makes my hair curl even more. Sometimes I just wish I had stick straight silk-like hair. Like today.

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Length
    ?/56.5/50
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Default Re: A little mad at my hair..

Somedays I totally agree with you about wanting stick straight hair! Try to focus on how great your curls look! You have gorgeous hair!

Mariah
    "Sorry don't get it done, Dude." -- John Wayne in "Rio Bravo"
    ?/56.5/50~2b/c~ii (I'm 5'4" tall)

Length
    Chin/Apl+/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

While I am not a curly, but a wavy one, I can sympathize. Some days my waves pull my hair much shorter then the actual length.
    ​Jesus saved my life and is my savior
    Starting over current length: APL+.. GOAL: BACK TO HIP
    Nov 8th update pict

Length
    pixie/pixie/44
    Type
    1a/F/iii

I have straight hair, which from my perspective, no one in their right minds would actually aspire to have. On the other hand I can understand the envying what you do not have. Personally I think your hair when curly is especially lovely.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/BSL/waist
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I notice in recent weeks that I've lost most of my curl, and even though it's longer than it's ever been, which is a good thing, I miss the curl. I totally understand where you're coming from, but all I can say is enjoy that sensational curl and backtrack to a former updo that worked better when your hair was shorter.

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Thanks everybody

I put it in a braid, guess I'll wear that for a while again. At least it made me know I want to grow longer. I had thought I might want to go back to BSL and stay there and now I am SURE I don't at least right now!

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Curlsgirl i understand but as everyone said, you have beautiful curls!! I am a wavy one but i honestly LOVE curls...i always stare at curly hair. Enjoy the fact that your ends are great and that your hair is beautiful, healthy and IS growing
    .~~~. :*: Bárbara :*: .~~~.

Length
    chin/APL/?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

Trust me, I understand your frustration! I am quite a bit shorter than you, but I just did a tiny trim and I feel like my hair is so much shorter! Realistically, I guess I got used to my hair falling a certain way, and with the trim, it disrupted the wave pattern, or something.

Hey, at least you were able to take something away from this- you definitely want to be longer!
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts.
    Study hard. Be evil.

Length
    27/32-33/35'
    Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

((HUGS))) Just to make you feel better, I don't have spiral curly hair like you, but it spirals in sections, waves in others, and is dead straight right in the back. One day I'll get a photo of it after air drying.

I need someone to trim my ends because as soon as scissors cut into it, it flips/curls/twists. So, what I think is happening is just that--after a mini-trim, it really kicks up the natural wave/curl. I've noticed this many times with my own hair.

Don't get discouraged!! It's healthy to have splits/trims to keep hair even and reduce breakage.

If it makes you feel better, I don't even know HOW to do a figure 8! Hahahh (well, on horse back, yes, with my hair? Notsomuch.

Length
    2"/Calf/evs
    Type
    1c/M/iii

:sigh: I understand your frustration, but as a pretty straight haired person, I would just love to have curls..not the weird disjointed wavies that I have, but real honest to goodness curls.

Your hair is gorgeous, whether curly or blown straight, and you'll have the length back in no time, I'm sure. In the meantime, a soft cinnamon bun would look very pretty
    Islandgrrl - Izzie
    Calf length, heading south to lengths unknown.