Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: tying hair in a knot

Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Default tying hair in a knot

I do this all the time, I just tie my hair in a knot and let it go at that. Is this a big hair no-no?

I do that sometimes. I'm not sure, but I don't think it would be a big problem as long as you don't pull on it really hard and as long as it doesn't tangle it.

Royal Buness/Jedi Master Hypnotica's Avatar
    Length
    Pixie/Calf/?
    Type
    1a/M/ii

I'm impressed that you can do it.....my hair would only unravel itself in an instant.
    Emerald Green Henna Dragon, Guardian of ALL THINGS GREEN.

Humanist/Procrastinatrix chloeishere's Avatar
    Length
    16nck/~BSL/here!
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotica View Post
    I'm impressed that you can do it.....my hair would only unravel itself in an instant.
    Ditto for me, I've tried it in the past but my hair just immediately slips back out in half a second.

I don't think there's anything innately harmful about it, several wrapped styles, in my opinion, are kind of a knot augmented with a hairstick. If your hair has enough grip to hold it, and you don't get tangles or friction damage from doing it, it seems like a great solution to me... and one I wish I could do.

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

i was reading your post doing just that! i am a hair twisting knotter too, we should start a club!
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    24/Pixie/n/a
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I do this and secure with a stick for a quick easy up do. As long as you are not yanking or pulling on your hair I can't see it doing damage.
    I still love the idea of long hair, but really enjoying my all natural pixie. Contemplating growing to layered bsl & strawberry blond with cassia & henna.

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

I think some hairtypes can do it with no problem. Mine knots and tangles too easily when I do it.

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Length
    5"/Class/Class
    Type
    1a/F/ii

A while back I mentioned to my husband that some people just tie their hair into to a knot for a style but that I couldn't do it. See?, I said, and proceeded to try it. Naturally it slipped right out. When I turned around and saw his face he said he was cringing inside thinking I would destroy my hair and have to cut it out. Ha. No such luck.

This is why I seem to need an extra year's growth on everybody else to do the same styles.
    <a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v389/homekeepinggran/ChineseBun.jpg target=_blank>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ChineseBun.jpg</a> But if a woman have long hair it is a glory to her. ~ I Cor. 11:15

Length
    tb/tb+/clssc
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Mine can stay knotted for a while, although it will eventually get looser and looser unless I secure it with a hairstick. I knot a high pony tail, and often wind the ends around and tuck them in too. I knotted a low pony tail once, but didn't like the fuzzy bush of hair that my ends became.

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Many of the wrapped buns we do are actually knots, you know, some with draw loops, others with the ends pulled all the way through. So in that vein, I tie my hair into a knot several days each week.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!