Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Breathing a huge sigh of relief! (Pic heavy)

Length
    14"/32"/39"
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Breathing a huge sigh of relief! (Pic heavy)

Awww, you all are making me feel so good about myself! Thank you for all the lovely compliments! They are a great antidote to mid-February S.A.D. depression. LHC is clearly awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhead Rebel View Post
    Wow it looks so much healthier! Well done , and thanks for the motivation.

I need to do this but I struggle to find 6 spare hours and I know nothing about Moon Cycles . I currently have split hairs of every length between BSL and Chin!
    There is a whole thread for it: Trimming and the Moon. There are lots of links in that thread if you want to learn about how the Moon affects hair growth. Then you can take it or leave it. I don't truly know if trimming during the new/waxing moon helps hair growth, and I'm even less sure about it needing to be when the moon is in particular signs. But hey, I don't want to hurt my chances, and I definitely believe the Moon subtly affects many aspects of our lives.
    Dedicated to a free, natural, interconnected, regenerative lifestyle of curiosity & adventure
    Finally at Waist... with a few hairs, anyway. Slowly snipping now!

Length
    17/19/39
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii

Hee hee, you're so funny! I can definitely understand your elation! By the way, the picture of that split end made me go Yowza!!
    A Year Without Trims: 2013
    JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec
    Last Cut: Saturday, November 24, 2012

I will eat all your tofu maborosi's Avatar
    Length
    16"/38.5"/55"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

I wish I had the patience for an S & D- it's been almost 3 months since my last trim and I still haven't found any splits yet. I'm hoping it'll stay that way for just a liiittle bit longer. Your hair looks great after the trim!

Quote Originally Posted by Naiadryade View Post
    Still, that is one impressive split right there.

~maborosi~

Finding Best Hair Length! LadyLongLocks's Avatar
    Length
    36"/72"/knee
    Type
    1a/1b/M/iii

Your hair looks great. You have such patience to do those long S&D's! Something you need to have long hair!

Length
    SL/CL+/WL+
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Beautiful!!! I shall stop obsessing over my few splits now. You've done amazing!!!!! That effort was totally worth it.

Shoulder--APL--BSL--Waist--Tailbone+
    Disc bun tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1YzsZ_s-U4

Length
    14"/32"/39"
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelee View Post
    Beautiful!!! I shall stop obsessing over my few splits now. You've done amazing!!!!! That effort was totally worth it.
    Thanks! I'm still obsessing over the few splits that are left/newly formed though. I keep my hair scissors on my desk and every time I notice a split, I cut it (and any others near it) off right there. My hair is quite prone to splits, so I'm still trimming off probably 20-30 split ends each day. It doesn't take much time or effort, and I'm pretty sure this is the only way I'll be able to avoid having to spend 12+ hours on it again a few months from now. Nothing wrong with a little obsession!!
    Dedicated to a free, natural, interconnected, regenerative lifestyle of curiosity & adventure
    Finally at Waist... with a few hairs, anyway. Slowly snipping now!

Length
    14/36/60
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Naiadryade View Post
    Thanks! I'm still obsessing over the few splits that are left/newly formed though. I keep my hair scissors on my desk and every time I notice a split, I cut it (and any others near it) off right there. My hair is quite prone to splits, so I'm still trimming off probably 20-30 split ends each day. It doesn't take much time or effort, and I'm pretty sure this is the only way I'll be able to avoid having to spend 12+ hours on it again a few months from now. Nothing wrong with a little obsession!!
    Wow! That is some splits! Have your hair always been prone to splitting? Does oiling or anything help at all so that you won't get so many? I don't have your hairtype, is it something that is typical for 2a-hair?
    It is beautiful after the trimming, it looks very healthy and happy

I second what Kaelee said, getting quite thankful that my hair rarely get splits at least.

Good job though, the difference is amazing!

Length
    22"/hip/tb
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Nice job, it looks great! I keep a pair of scissors (Swiss Army Knife) in my bag because I'm a mad snipper of splits as well. I don't get many, but when I do notice one, it drives me nuts if I can't snip it off!
    *******Firefly*******
    2a/F-M/ii ~~ Hip

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I went through something like this two years ago. This is why I do microtrim dustings. I have been doing one every full moon but now I am going to stretch it a tiny bit to get some more length by alternating full and new moon trims. I don't want to get in this predicament again. Some seem to be able to go a long time without trims and not have too much trouble but every time I try to go too long I get massively fuzzy ends. The dustings help me keep the ends nice without sacrificing growth. It is working pretty well.
    All Shall Be Well,
    And All Shall Be Well,
    And All Manner of Things Shall Be Well.

Length
    APL/Hip +/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Your really patient, i dont think i could do it for that long. It looks fantastic now
    APL 2010 BSL JUL 2010 WSL 2011 HIP 2013 Going for Tailbone December 2017