Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DD's dreaded dreadlocks

Type
    1c/M/ii

Default Re: DD's dreaded dreadlocks

She is just 6 years old, so it's not always, she let's me do anything with her hair ... and often my dos lasts very short, before she removes it.
    I have found a detangle spray, that helps a lot.
    That day, where it was unusually bad, I removed the nots with a needle. One not at the time. With a lot of detangler in it. It took me an hour!
    Dixi! - Rikke
    Growing and graying ... just growing and graying

On the hunt for terminal. SerinaDaith's Avatar
    Colorado is my physical home but I spend a lot of time in my mind. It's safer that way.
    Length
    .5 in/.5 in/term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

My soon to be two year old will not let me keep her hair up at all. I think the poor girl got mommies tender head. We use detangle spray often and I have even put coconut oil on her hair (in itty bitty amounts). She is just now getting to the point that her hair is in her eyes and I am not cutting it because I want to see how long her hair will grow (I blame this site for that). I do a lot of finger combing on her during the day and I use a seamless wide toothed comb at home. I wish you good luck with your DD's hair! Oh I only actually wash her hair once a week with diluted burts bees baby shampoo so her hair does not get dried out or we get the crazy horrible knots that just do not want to come out and a baby girl who runs from mommy shrieking NOOOOOO!
    Lady Seredhiel in the Order of the Longhaired Knights. Current body mark: BSL+, Goal length, terminal.No trims in 2013. Henna head. Crazy craft guru.Crunchy Mommy.

Length
    ?/26/30++
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

My DH has fine, thick, wurly hair that does that, and a double crown which means one spot dreads FAST. Detangling spray has helped him a lot, as has CO washing. It sounds like you've found some good ideas.

It is so sad to see little girls with pretty hair whose moms make them cut because they can't deal with tangles. This has happened so often among family and friends. If my DD's hair ever gets long (she is one of those baldies, growing out fine and blonde but still only thin on the ends since she started with so little) I hope to let her be able to have long hair, if she wants it...
    Feb 2013, solid BSL again but shedding. Wondering if this is really terminal length. Hairtype 1b/2b, F/M, ii