Thread: Refined coconut oil

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Default Refined coconut oil

I was running out of my coconut oil so my boyfrind bought me more we've had it for almost a month so I can't take it back to the store now. I just opened it today and i looked at the label and its refined coconut oil. Is it going to make that much of a difference? It's Spectrum Naturals Organic Coconut Oil and i used to use Nutiva Coconut Oil . This new one doesn't smell or taste like coconut at all. Is it still fine to cook and put on my skin and hair?...Thank you!

Length
    SL/FTL/FTL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: Refined coconut oil

I'm using the same stuff. It still works! Sad that it doesn't smell like coconuts though, but it keeps me from eating my hair.

Growing by Benign Neglect In2wishin's Avatar
    Length
    15/BSL/TB
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Refined coconut oil

Quote Originally Posted by BambooBeauty View Post
    I was running out of my coconut oil so my boyfrind bought me more we've had it for almost a month so I can't take it back to the store now. I just opened it today and i looked at the label and its refined coconut oil. Is it going to make that much of a difference? It's Spectrum Naturals Organic Coconut Oil and i used to use Nutiva Coconut Oil . This new one doesn't smell or taste like coconut at all. Is it still fine to cook and put on my skin and hair?...Thank you!
    Yes, it works just the same. Some of us prefer the refined over unrefined.