Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it possible my hair doesn't like product?

Default Is it possible my hair doesn't like product?

Hi guys! I'm very very new to the forum and I was wondering if it's possible that my hair doesn't like product after I shower and brush?
    I have thick wavy/curly hair and it can get very dry at times. I usually load on the product but this past time, I did not put anything on my hair after I showered and it came out more voluminous and less greasy. I've found that my hair doesn't respond well to cones or protein either. I'm kind of confused so any help would be greatly appreciated!

xoxo

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/BSL/waist
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Is it possible my hair doesn't like product?

It could be that you don't like the effect of product on your hair.

Hi thanks for answering! I definitely don't think my hair likes cones or protein though because every time I use products with those ingredients, my hair is okay until it dries and then it turns coarse and dry. If I don't use product in my hair will that end up damaging it in the long run?

Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

Not its not impossible for your hair to hate a product mine didn't care for the hair plus shampoo set.

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com

Evil, not Bad Moderator (SB) trolleypup's Avatar
    Length
    52"/62"/77" *
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

My scalp hates products...my hair is OK with products, but it can mean the difference between 1b and 2b!
    Last edited by trolleypup; February 11th, 2013 at 05:42 PM. Reason: spelling

2b-2a/C/iii 61"/155cm/growing fitfully longer
    LJ - Blog
    Unless specified otherwise, I am speaking as a member, not a moderator

Type
    1c/2a/M/i

It is perfectly possible I think there are a lot of people in the same boat as you. A lot of the gunk in some products can dry out and weigh-down hair. That's what happens to my hair, at least. I haven't used any sort of product (besides some natural remedies) in my hair in since July and it looks better than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by katiebeans View Post
    It is perfectly possible I think there are a lot of people in the same boat as you. A lot of the gunk in some products can dry out and weigh-down hair. That's what happens to my hair, at least. I haven't used any sort of product (besides some natural remedies) in my hair in since July and it looks better than ever.
    Okay thank you so much:] I'm just worried my hair is going to dry out without using product I guess it's the curly complex haha but it feels a lot lighter without the product in it!

Quote Originally Posted by trolleypup View Post
    My scalp hates products...my hair is OK with products, but it can mean the difference between 1b and 2b!
    Yes I found today without using product my scalp is a lot fresher! When I use products I find that my scalp gets oily and itchy and my ends get very dry. Without product my ends were still a little dry, but I think that may have something to do with henna.. thanks for your response!

Quote Originally Posted by jacqueline101 View Post
    Not its not impossible for your hair to hate a product mine didn't care for the hair plus shampoo set.
    Thanks I thought I was crazy!

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by nikkidondon View Post
    Hi thanks for answering! I definitely don't think my hair likes cones or protein though because every time I use products with those ingredients, my hair is okay until it dries and then it turns coarse and dry. If I don't use product in my hair will that end up damaging it in the long run?
    My hair is a different type than yours, but I also do not like hair products. I don't use anything but shampoo & conditioner (besides the occasional oiling of the length), haven't for a long time, and I do not see any damage from leaving it just as that.. If anything my hair and scalp feel a lot cleaner and healthier, and there is more of a shine to it.