Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you collect your shed hair????

Length
    SL/TBL/CL

Default Do you collect your shed hair????

I don't know if that seems really weird or gross, but I decided to start collecting my shredded hair and putting it all in a ziplock bag for 2 reasons.
    1. Check how much hair I'm shedding and if thats.. "normal"
    2. I liked the idea of making Hair Rats out of my own hair as it would look and feel more natural (they did this in Edwardian times etc)

Now there's quite a bit of hair but I can't tell if it's too much, because my hair is quite thick, lots of it and almost tailbone length.

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Default Re: Do you collect your shedded hair????

You have a lot there . I am collecting mine at the moment, I want to make a hair piece I can wear, a braid or ponytail so I can add it to my own hair in an updo.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    Pixie/BCL/?!
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/ii

I've thought about it, but the issue is I would never be able to undo the tangles they are in. It's like the worst game of Untangle The Christmas Lights ever.

So I throw it away. The other option would be to untangle it when it is fresh shed from the shower and covered in products. And although this opinion doesn't make any sense: Ew.

As for your baggie, it doesn't seem like too much. Thing is, once your hair gets to a certain length, it doesn't take much to seem like it's a lot. I pulled out almost that much hair when brushing my hair after not doing so for over a month. Lots and lots of shed hair had been trapped in the mess.
    Grew out the pixie.
    Acquired a mane.
    Cruising toward Classic.

**For my routine, please see my blog posts.**

Length
    buzz/FTL/FTL
    Type
    2b/C/ii

I did when I was having my post-baby shed and losing handfuls every day. I intend to make a hair rat out of it but I'm not sure about the best way to do it...

Length
    Pixie/20/WL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii/iii

My hair seems a bit to light and fine to even see when my hair sheds, plus my hair doesn't shed that much to begin with. But it would be fun to collect just to do strand testing on it when I dye my hair funky colors, so I wouldn't have to use my hair on my head.
    Pixie-Shaggy-Chin-Shoulder-CBL-APL-Who knows?
    Starting all over after cutting off hip length hair!

Length
    0.1/SHL/MB
    Type
    1c/F/ii

I think for checking shedding rates, creating hair rats or plain fun is ok. But doing that with my own kinda creeps me out! I actually hate and scares mee seeing so much hair collected together, I gather it after brushing-styling-washing and throw it out in my garden.

Main reason is I used to be so OCD about shedding rates and had a very hard time about it. So now I just prefer to throw it out as soon as I can then continue with whatever I have to do in the most positive manner.

.... and childhood horror hair cutting memories when I was forced to get it cut and watching so much peoples hair together still feels yucky. That's probably just me!

Im a natural 1B-C head and growing out from so!

<a href=https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=69220&dateline=1544502239 target=_blank>https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...ine=1544502239</a>

Not normally, though I'm currently doing so to have "test swatches" for henna.
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    MBL26/FTL49/KL51
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I do, but not all of them. Lately I've been shedding very little, like 10 hairs a day, so I see no point in adding them to the rest. My main idea when I started collecting them was to dye them with henna or a dye, out of curiosity, to see how it would look on my hair.
    MBL ~ Waist ~ Hip ~ BCL ~ TBL ~ Classic ~ Mid-thigh ~ Knee
    My blog: http://dessislonghairjourney.blogspot.bg/

~ Jesus My Saviour Forever! ~

Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I'm not doing it, but I should start. I've been considering making some rats. They did that in the 40's, too. A lot of styles from various times require a bump, and I refuse to tease.
    "Life is a jest; and all things show it. I thought so once; but now I know it." - Bette Davis

I once collected a day's worth of shed, folded it in half, curled it, and tied it with a ribbon to make a sort of keepsake, if that counts