Page 3159 of 3302 FirstFirst ... 2159265930593109314931573158315931603161316932093259 ... LastLast
Results 31,581 to 31,590 of 33019

Thread: Put your hair photos here 'cos you really want to....

Length
    TBL34/KL48"/?
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Default Re: Put your hair photos here 'cos you really want to....

"It's a twister!"
    I pray for inner peace, family peace, world peace...Imagine whirled peas
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal

Feminist warrior-druidess SwordWomanRiona's Avatar
    Celtiberian pseudo-Rivendell fort overlooking the sunset
    Length
    Trim/Knee/Thigh
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    SwordWomanRiona, I love those ends: so cute!
    Thanks ! If only they lasted for longer !

Quote Originally Posted by Emila View Post
    SwordWomanRiona your YouTube vid inspired me to give the seashell bun a try! your instructions were the easiest for me to grasp for this bun and I love videos of hair techniques best. Thanks for doing it! I didn't know you also had a blog until now
    If you, or anyone else who is good at doing the seashell bun can advise me, I'd be super greatful!
    I can do it, but I always find my spiral is a bit loose and I need to try and tighten it a bit once I've taken my hand out of it. Even after trying to tighten it, it can be a bit looser than I would like. Any tips on getting a tighter bun? I probably have mine a little lower on my head than yours, but maybe I should try your higher version to see if that works better for me!

Aw, I'm so happy the video was helpful ! Other people do the seashell bun differently (like you say, I tend to do mine quite high up in the head because I like high buns, and also rotate the spiral according to my left-handedness), and this is just the way that works best for my hair length and type (which is the same as yours regarding F and ii/iii, I see ), so I'm glad you found my version reasonably easy to follow and helpful ^^

I also find my seashell buns to be a bit looser than I'd like from time to time, yeah :S I think that this is a factor sometimes, combined with my slippery hair, that makes me use so many claw clips and bobby pins to make it stay for the whole day (sometimes I just do a trusty flipped bun instead if the seashell misbehaves in this way, welp xD). I would say that doing the seashell quite up in my head helps with stability, yeah, when I've done them lower I find that gravity works more against me, if they're nestled at the top of my head the spiral will maintain its stability for longer even if it's not as tight as I'd like... Maybe also twisting the spiral around 'less fingers', as it were, like starting with the hand minus the thumb instead of with the whole hand, would help to make the resulting spiral tighter? Some people also manage very secure seashells by weaving hairsticks in the spiral to help maintain its shape and perhaps thus tightening it, although I've had no success there, myself xD

Seashell bun users, please do share tips from my part as well There's a seasehll bun thread on here (I learned the seashell there back in 2011-12), although it's been active last a few years ago, I think :S

Feminist warrior-druidess SwordWomanRiona's Avatar
    Celtiberian pseudo-Rivendell fort overlooking the sunset
    Length
    Trim/Knee/Thigh
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Not super good lighting, but I uploaded this 2018 Elven style to my blog today, so here it is as well ^^ Two beribboned 3-strand side braids, some braidwaves and a circlet:

Quote Originally Posted by wo View Post

I went back to using no styling products. I forget why I stopped lol. It gives me so much more volume.
    The definition!

Length
    SL/APL/Waist
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I'm 2 inches away from BSL
    Last trim took a bit of my length but it gave me perfect amount of layering so I don’t regret it.
    Den som väntar på något gott väntar aldrig för länge.

Lady Sheala the Conjurer of the Empress Tree in the Order of Long Haired Knights

Length
    long/term/term
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Such pretty hair!
    Opting out of Friend Requests, thank you very much!

Length
    1cm/23.5"/term
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii

paulownia you have pretty curls!

here is my hair in a braid!! I am shocked that it is staying with the short layers that I have. Huge milestone for me even if it is a little wonky.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...15121_edit.jpg

pumkinsage That curl at the end is adorable.

Length
    APL/28.5"/TBL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

This is the unfortunate state of my hair journey, Jan 2021 vs JAn 2023 - as you can see, no visible hair length gain - I am at the same place I was 2 years ago. I did have major hair fall and a few trims, including a big 3 inch trim, but seriously, why is my hair just not gaining in length properly?! I know it's growing at the roots. I think it must be that I haven't been feeding my dry ends enough, or not wearing upstyles enough, and also that my fine hair is not just fine, it's finer than fine - but if anyone can make suggestions, I'd be grateful!

BSL -> MBL -> WL (almost) -> Hip->TBL!

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./71"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Second picture has more wave and end thickness than the first so over the 2 year period, imho I see a couple inches length gain! So I'd say keep doing what you're doing (but remember trimming doesn't help )
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+