Page 2313 of 2364 FirstFirst ... 131318132213226323032311231223132314231523232363 ... LastLast
Results 23,121 to 23,130 of 23638

Thread: Put your hair photos here 'cos you really want to....

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Put your hair photos here 'cos you really want to....

Ylva, awesome!

Hasse, cute style!

Simpscone, lovely hair, and I really like your make-up as well, so flawless!

cjk, how long are you going to grow your beard?
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    CL/23.5/30
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahlabyrinth View Post
    Well, it's hair you can be proud of
    Thank you Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by BerrySara View Post
    Simpscone, its so cool to follow your curly hair journey and see how well its going for you, I truly enjoy following along as us curlies start to embrace and really work with our hair! I love it and your curls are so dang beautiful!
    Using products and denman brush is just us working with our hair to bring out its best. Its no different than someone with straighter hair brushing it before going out and adding serum for shine etc.

The pride you describe is super awesome and I can relate, its kinda mind blowing when the hair that has been such a struggle for so long, finally becomes one of one's favorite features For every curly haired girl who hates her curls, I hope more and more stories like yours pop up to inspire others that they too can love their curls!
    Thank you! The overwhelming amount of support here on the forum for all hair textures, loving and caring for your hair the best you can has really pushed me to a new level with my hair. I’ve tried CG in the past and felt like the CG community on YouTube felt too restrictive for me, it felt like everyone was just trying to get certain things out of their hair and I felt my hair couldn’t do those things. If that makes sense! But now I’m just focusing on giving it the best care I can, and I’ve found the CG community on Instagram to be full of everyday people as opposed to “influencers” which I much much prefer. Your hair is gorgeous and I’m so glad you’ve embraced it! I get the warm and fuzzies when people in real life can’t believe it’s my natural hair

Quote Originally Posted by Hailwidis View Post
    Gorgeous Simpscone!
    Thank you so much

Quote Originally Posted by cjk View Post
    Simpscone, those curls are the stuff of legend. I know women who would die, or kill, for that hair.

Simply stunning.

My own curly journey is just starting again. Got my head hair much better handled so now I'm turning my CG attention to my beard. For the first time, ever, I'm getting minor clumping and I had to share it with folks who would understand how monumental that is!
    Thank you so much, cjk. Your words put a huge smile on my face! I’m excited to see what happens with your beard using the CG method, I’ve never seen someone doing it before for facial hair!
    18 months bleach free
    6 months completely dye free
    Next goal: 26" - BSL!

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post

cjk, how long are you going to grow your beard?
    While I don't have a specific length as a defined goal, waist-length would be nice.

It's been stuck at nipple length for the past few years. Since curly girl tends to improve the health and resilience of the hair, I hope this will allow me to grow longer.

Length
    CL/23.5/30
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Simpscone, lovely hair, and I really like your make-up as well, so flawless!
    I forgot to quote reply to you on my previous post, oops! Thank you so much, I try to make an effort if I’m going anywhere on the weekend, weekdays for work are much more low-key
    18 months bleach free

Length
    HL/HL+/TB-CL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Thank you, lapushka!
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

You guys are welcome! I just appreciate the effort that goes into taking a picture and posting it. I have my moments myself, but they're not often there.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    SL/52.25/48
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Simpscone View Post
    I'm so happy with my Curly Girl journey so far. I've been doing it for coming up on 4 months now, and I think I've really started to be happy with my natural hair. It feels like it's finally starting to grow, getting past APL is going to be such a huge milestone for me. I'm hoping to be creeping up on BSL at the end of the year.

I feel like I'm cheating sometimes by finger/Denman twirling, but when I look at pictures showing the difference between doing it and not, the only difference is that the curls are more uniform when I do it.

I just wanted to post some of these pictures from the weekend. I went to a meal with friends-of-friends and was the only one without straightened hair - rocking my wurls with pride! I really need to post my pictures unedited (I make them warmer & up the contrast mainly) but I just like how they look like this

I'm finally starting to be okay with how my hair looks from behind!

Oh my your curls are so gorgeous! It looks like the people I see who get their hair done at a salon for $200 for a special occasion, but natural (I don't reaaaally count CG type routines as "styling". Not in the same way as curling irons, pins, etc).
    TBL 37.5" ~ Classic 42" ~ Thigh 48" ~ Knee 52"
    WCC ~ LOC

Ylva, you look amazing!
    Simpscone, your curls are unbelivably perfectly defined! I must try that cg method on my frizzy hair. I really hope for some definition of my texture.
    I first have to read about this method, but can you tell how long did you need to CG your hair and what was your hair type before you started CG?

Length
    SL/SL/WL
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Stray_mind, your hair gotten quite looooong! And your natural colour is very beautiful and looks very soft.

Ylva, I love the Valkyrie duty series!

Length
    CL/23.5/30
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy24601 View Post
    Oh my your curls are so gorgeous! It looks like the people I see who get their hair done at a salon for $200 for a special occasion, but natural (I don't reaaaally count CG type routines as "styling". Not in the same way as curling irons, pins, etc).
    You're too kind!! I used to curl my hair everyday with a curling wand myself, what a waste of time and pointless damage! And the natural curls don't feel heat-fried

Quote Originally Posted by Agava View Post
    Simpscone, your curls are unbelivably perfectly defined! I must try that cg method on my frizzy hair. I really hope for some definition of my texture.
    I first have to read about this method, but can you tell how long did you need to CG your hair and what was your hair type before you started CG?
    I never knew I had curly hair because I always brushed it out from a young age.

I've tried CG twice - the first time was in 2017 with super damaged, chin length, frizzy overly-bleached hair. I gave up within a month because I just thought my hair looked terrible! I was shook by how curly it looked but it made my already super short hair too short for my liking, and the products I was using were too heavy for my hair.
    If you click here you'll see a post about my first attempt on my hair/curly instagram

Since then I've been doing some form of watered down CG-method - I mostly used the right products at least. But I was brushing out my texture or using heat on it really often. And bleaching the heck out of it.

Then, at the end of February/beginning of March this year, I was inspired by the lovely ladies on here to give it another go.

At first my hair was super stringy and felt terrible. There is a comparison here and it's only been 4 months!

CG won't make hair that isn't already curly or wavy gain texture, but if you aren't sure what your natural texture is then you never know what it might bring out! It's also just a great way of keeping your hair healthy and taming frizz. I say give it a go and see what happens!
    18 months bleach free