Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baths and stretching washes

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Default Baths and stretching washes

Hi! I hope some of you could help me out with this problem I have. In our house we have a shower in the basement and then in our upstairs bathroom we have a tub. We can't use the shower because of plumming issues and I'm unsure of how long we will not be able to shower, so I have been having baths. I love having baths but I'm trying to stretch washes and take really good care of my hair. So the few questions I have are: When I'm laying in the water and my hair is also in the water is that damaging my hair? Since I'm trying to stretch washes should I not be use bubble bath? Is there anything special I should be putting in the bath with me to help my hair? Any other advice anyone has about just having baths instead of showers would help. And who else has more baths then showers? Thanks for all the help.

Length
    Chin/APL+/?
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Default Re: Baths and stretching washes

I wish I could take a bath when I want to, but sadly, I only have a shower. If you don't want your hair to get wet, you can just put a shower cap on? Or you can put your hair up?

I don't know if it is damaging, but I don't think so.
    Just a small selection of hairstyles I have done
    My Brand-new blog: http://hairdiarydash.blog.com
    Password: LHC

Length
    bsl/chin/tlb
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

I like taking baths more than showers so unless I'm pressed for time that's what I do. Just having your hair in the water won't damage it but bubble bath might not be a good idea on non-wash days. What I do is just use plain water when I'm washing my hair (every three days or so) and If I'm not washing my hair then I tie it all up in a bun on top of my head and don't even get it wet. On non-wash days that's when I'll use stuff like oils or bubble bath in the water because my hair doesn't touch any of it

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/55/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I generally put my hair up while soaking in the tub. Then you can put whatever you want in the water and not worry about whether it should be in your hair.

55in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Length
    18/28.5/32
    Type
    2a/M/iii

The main ingredient in most bubble bath solutions is SLS, so I would think laying with your hair in a bubble bath would be drying over time, especially if you don't rinse it out with clean water at the end of your bath. I take a lot of baths too, and taking bubble baths has helped me stretch washes because I've been conscious to put my hair up and not let it touch the water. I would just be careful to put your hair up and not get it wet if you're putting anything in your bath.
    2a/M/iii
    CL: MBL, GL: Waist

Length
    29 "/33"/MORE
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I agree with putting your hair up whenever you're not washing. I only have a tub and while I will rinse out my first shampoo/treatment mermaid style, for all subsequent rinse I begin draining the tub and then fill up a pitcher from the tap (mine is enameled metal, you could use plastic) and pour that over my head to rinse out conditioner, apply vinaigre, etc.
    "I have learned silence from the talkative, tolerance from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind. I should not be ungrateful to these teachers" Kahlil Gibran.

Length
    18/Cl/Term
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by BambooBeauty View Post
    When I'm laying in the water and my hair is also in the water is that damaging my hair? Since I'm trying to stretch washes should I not be use bubble bath? Is there anything special I should be putting in the bath with me to help my hair?
    Marinating my hair in bubble bath and other things would count as a daily hair wash for me. Since most of my damage comes from detangling my hair during and after washing, I make sure to pin my hair out of the way whenever I have a bath. I can happily soak while keeping my head above the water level.

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I take baths all the time at home. The only time I have the luxury of a shower is when I stay in a hotel or at a friend's house. I'm not a bubble bath user but I don't think it would be more damaging than shampoo as long as you rinse well and condition after soaking your hair. I do mermaid soaks all the time but I make sure my hair is detangled while I have conditioner on it and that i rinse well with my head tipped back and my hair flowing down my back.

I am not here to decorate your world

Length
    20"/46"/?
    Type
    2b/F/ii

I don't have a shower. I just put my hair up when I'm having a bath unless I'm washing it. There's no point getting your hair wet if you don't have to, especially with all the soap and stuff that's usually floating around in my bath

Length
    pixie/BSL/Hip
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Well if you are trying to stretch washes, just enjoy your bath without dunking your head. I shower everyday, but I wash my hair every 3 days. I just put it up in a high bun, wash everywhere else except my hair...there might be a little bit of moisture at my nape, temples or whatever, but stay 99% dry.

eta- in regards to damage, I think the bubble bath would have the "washing" abilities as soap???
    pixie - ear - chin- neck - shoulder - APL - BSL - Mid Back - Waist - Hip (GOAL!)