Thread: Faux bob

Length
    CHIN/SHLDR/???
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Default Faux bob

I want to try doing my hair in a faux bob. I've found a lot of instructions on the net for how to do this style but most of them are for lengths around BSL. Presumably the principle is the same for longer hair but are there any particular tricks and tips for someone around my length (between hip and TBL).

I should mention that my hair is fine and a ii since that'll probably have a bearing on how I do the style!
    Regrowing naturally!

Extraordinary Wordsmith WaitingSoLong's Avatar
    Length
    MTL/BSL/none
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Faux bob

I haven ever been able to pull this off. I have too many stray hairs that escape and ruin the effect. I think at shorter lengths there is a greater chance that most of the hairs are the same length, but with longer hair you have a higher ratio of in between hairs from shedding and regrowth.

The best I could do was to tie a ribbon at one point in the length and draw it up to make the bob, shove the extra length into my shirt so it doesn't show. It would not be a style I would "wear" but just to take a picture for fun or to fake people out thinking I had cut my hair, neither of which I ever did. Plus I think it would work better on thicker hair. Or maybe courser hair.

~WSL~My YouTube tutorials with Classic+ Hair
    FTL in 2013. Back to waist/virgin 2014. Virgin thigh 2018. Cut back to waist July 2018

Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I think violet lebeaux has a tutorial on it, her hair is at least waist, but I'm not sure. You might look it up though you might also look into a hair sausage (like a donut) that you could wrap your hair around and use for stability. Hm.
    ~::BSL:: ::WL:: ::HIP:: ::BCL:: ::*TBL*:: ::CL::~
    Lady Cugedhiel, who walks in the path of the ouemessourita, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    SL/BSL/HL

ik that when my crown had more shorter layers (even if it was seriously the slightest) i could just pin my hair under and the short wispy layers looked like a careless bob maybe get a couple small clip in hair extensions, cut them short , and clip them slightly under ur first layer of hair to mimic that
    Chin ~ Shoulder ~ APL ~ BSL ~ MBL~ WL!~ Hip ~ Tailbone ~ CLASSIC!!!

No Trim Challenge!!!~1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11~12