View Poll Results: What is your goal length?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shoulder

0 0%
  • APL

1 3.57%
  • BSL/MBL

2 7.14%
  • Waist

3 10.71%
  • Hip/Tailbone

8 28.57%
  • Classic

6 21.43%
  • Mid thigh

2 7.14%
  • Knee

1 3.57%
  • Knee +

3 10.71%
  • Terminal

2 7.14%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2024 - Annual Goal Length Poll Part 2: What Is Your Goal Length?

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default 2024 - Annual Goal Length Poll Part 2: What Is Your Goal Length?

This is a two part poll to take a look at goal lengths and changes in goal lengths across LHC from year to year.. This poll will run for two months.

Part 1: Has your goal length changed?
    Located here: https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...d.php?t=156510

Part 2: What is your goal length?
    YOU ARE HERE
    Which body marker best matches your goal length? If you have no goal length and are not growing to Terminal, mark "No Goal" in Part 1.

Last edited by TatsuOni; January 28th, 2024 at 09:00 AM.

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: 2024 - Annual Goal Length Poll Part 2: What Is Your Goal Length?

I voted knee + as my goal is ankle. But if I reach terminal before that, it's alright.

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Short/Waist/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Terminal has always been my goal. My hope is that terminal is as close to the floor as possible

Length
    Chin/HL/CL

I voted classic, as that's actually what I'm aiming for to have reached by December 31st.
    But, probably, will go for at least FTL. After that? Who knows...
    Mistä nyt silloin en luopuiskaan, jos vain saisin olla kanssa sinun
    Jospa sä soisitkin vain hymyn mulle

🧜On instagram: yareach_lhc

Length
    MBL/MBL/KNEE

My short term goal is waist, which I'm hoping to hit this year, and I plan to hang out there for a while until I trim off the rest of my dead ends and then I'll try for knee with mostly healthy hair!
    MBL~WL~HL~TBL~ FTL~ KNEE

Length
    15/40/tbd
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I voted hip/tailbone since tbl is the next immediate goal length though, like I wrote in the other 2024 poll, I don't have a specific long term end-goal.
    Lady Daybreak, keeper of the Stars & Sea ☽︎ artist, lover, general mystic

Length
    BSL/floor/floor
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

My goal length is still where I'm currently at, just beyond floor. I don't think I can / want to manage anything longer.

I've been maintaining for about a year now and have seen a lot of improvement in my hemline. I think I've estimated before it would take until sometime in 2025 for me to grow out the remainder of my bleached ends, so I hope to make some good progress this year. My virgin hair should be somewhere around mid-calf at this point, ~64" (it's kind of hard to tell now that I've colour-conditioned the ends).

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I do think I will no longer go back to classic length. It's been fun but I need to say goodbye to that length marker. I have had my childhood hair once more, for about 2-5 years and it's been fun. Due to my mom breaking her foot and us all having to be at her pace, I decided to go to BSL with a layered (piggytails to the side) cut and right before doing that I noticed my hair had suffered a lot of breakage (bunning too tightly and I didn't even "feel" it).

The cut works amazingly for my hair & texture turns out. Once, maintaining, I cut a tad bit shorter and... liked it even more. It is at its best, this type cut, at APL, so that is where I am staying at. I can wear it down without it being in my face, and with my visual issues, that's major! I love it the way it is now. And we'll see. I don't think that I will grow tired of this pretty soon.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Bald/Buzz/TBL

This one is tricky cause my goal is mid calf but with my track record I should aim for something a bit reasonable so I'll pick tailbone, I can always aim for longer next poll
    Last edited by Bat; January 31st, 2024 at 05:01 AM.

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./71"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by LongLocke View Post
    Terminal has always been my goal. My hope is that terminal is as close to the floor as possible
    I think it certainly will be, and no longer
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+