View Poll Results: How long has it been since you got your hair cut at a salon or hairdresser's.

Voters
1181. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 - 3 months

140 11.85%
  • 3 - 6 months

114 9.65%
  • 6 months - 1 year

156 13.21%
  • 1 year - two years

203 17.19%
  • two years - three years

144 12.19%
  • three years +

368 31.16%
  • I never have

46 3.90%
  • Other

10 0.85%
Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: How long since you went to the salon/hairdresser?

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: How long since you went to the salon/hairdresser?

It has been a little over a year since I had my hair cut. Before that it was three years. I average about every three years and when I come to think of it I can vividly remember every trip to the salon. Fun stuff.

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Type
    2b/M/iii

The last time I was in a salon (the GM salon in NYC) was sometime in the 90s. Fabulous in every way. Sure wish I could go again. They're the only place that truly values long hair and how to care for it properly.

Type
    3a/3b/F/iii

It's been since 2009 for me. I don't actually have a problem with the cutting part, because I've never had a stylist that didn't listen in terms of how much to cut, but the combing out part gives me the willies. My hair tangles easily, and because of the thickness it takes some delicacy to untangle it--which I never get at a salon. My husband's barber cuts women's hair, and I've considered going there with very carefully pre-detangled hair. It'll probably take me a couple more years to work myself up to it, though.

Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii

The last time I went to a salon was in January of 2010. I have premature gray hair, and an allergy to hair dyes. In high school, college, and my 20's, I was dying my hair red with chemical dye, and going to the hair cuttery for trims. Because of my allergy, I would wait as long as possible before dying again, and so I would end up with a 2" white stripe where the roots grew in. Around 2005, I started going to a salon to bleach my hair and do my trims. I still had the allergy, and I would still wait as long as possible, but at least the gray looked silvery against the blonde so it wasn't so obvious.

The last time I went, they charged me up the wazoo, and I realized the price had been slowly sneaking up every time I went and I was through spending money on it. I hemmed and hawed about my hair for over a year. I didn't know what to do. Did I want to try to find a cheaper salon? Did I want to try bleaching it on my own? Did I want to go back to red? Did I just let it go au naturale and let the white free? I was in a stasis until an acquaintance mentioned henna on facebook. She introduced me to the Mehandi site. From there, I ended up here and found out I can trim my hair myself, and so now I have no plans whatsoever of going back to a salon.

Length
    15/24.5/BSL
    Type
    1c/F/ii

I've had numerous hairdressers over the years, and none of them gave consistent results. It's been a little over a year since I let someone else cut my hair. Every now and then, though, I do think about having someone cut my fringe for me. It's a little wonky right now.

Length
    27 in/27 in/34 in

It's been a year since I went to a salon, and I have no plans on going back. My sister is a hair stylist so I just have her trim my hair when I need it.
    Shoulder/APL/BSL/MBL/Waist/Hip/Tailbone

Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

I think it has been 15 years ago...or longer

*Pictures*
    *Rosettebun tutorial*
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be
    judged by the way its animals are treated." - Mahatma Gandhi

Length
    15/18/25
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Since Oct 2011. When I went for a trim/shape cut on BSL hair and ended up with a chin length super layered cut.
    According to the hairdresser, my hair was too weak to be long and cutting it will make stronger

Length
    30in/34in/35in
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

I think the last time was in the mid-90s. By then I already knew how to color and cut my own hair but I wanted to darken it with dye and since it's a bit more complicated than lightening I went to the salon. They did a terrible job on the color and only a passable one on the cut even though they had a great reputation and prices to match. I've never gone back for anything. I'd rather live with my own minor mistakes-which are becoming quite rare- than deal with their major ones every time I went.

Length
    13-15/29/32-40
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Two or three years. The last time I got it cut, I got that sort of reverse-bob where the back just grazes your nape and the sides of your hair gradually lengthen to frame your face.
    Length: Hip-length waves (May 2014) || Optional: TBL - Classic

Lady Ursa, Daughter of the Sea, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.