Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Used Color Oops, can't get the smell out of my hair! HELP!!!!

Length
    11"/15"/34"

Default Used Color Oops, can't get the smell out of my hair! HELP!!!!

Hi ladies and gents! I used Color Oops knowing it would smell like rotten eggs. I'd read all the reviews, and knew what I was in for. Only, to me it's worse than rotten eggs! It's something else in there and I've washed my hair five or six times and the smell seems like it's getting stronger!!!! Has this happened to anyone else? Is there anything I can do to get the smell out of my hair? I am very pleased with the results, but if I had known how long it would take to get this smell out of my hair I wouldn't have used it. This sounds ridiculous but it keeps me up at night, that's how terrible it is haha! Any and all suggestions would be appreciated!
    asymmetrical a-line bob buzzed in the back - chin - shoulder - APL - BSL- waist- tailbone
    "All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Length
    18?/24/27
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Default Re: Used Color Oops, can't get the smell out of my hair! HELP!!!!

It never lasted that long for me...Usually if I do a DT after it it takes away the smell..
    Sometimes you just have to ride it out. It will go away eventually.

Everyone seems to have a huge problem with it here and always disses on my idea...but I have been known to spritz some body spray or perfume into the area and shake my hair thru the mist. I don't spray the perfume directly into my hair or anything. My hair never turned stark green, or fell out, or got FRIED, or even dried out from this.
    You could make your own mix with EO's and water but that is not that simple if you don't just have a few different EO's laying around. They are a bit expensive.
    Maybe a diluted ACV rinse would help? I notice that acv helps with a lot of random unpleasant smells.
    Taking an LHC break.

Length
    APL/BSL+/Term.
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/iii

I found that soaking my hair in coconut milk and having it under a shower cap for at least 30 mins before rinsing helped.
    Currently: BSL. Goal: Virgin terminal length hair with fairy tale ends. Wearing my hair up for a year! No trims in 2014!

Length
    SL/CL+/WL+
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by akilina View Post
    It never lasted that long for me...Usually if I do a DT after it it takes away the smell..
    Sometimes you just have to ride it out. It will go away eventually.

Everyone seems to have a huge problem with it here and always disses on my idea...but I have been known to spritz some body spray or perfume into the area and shake my hair thru the mist. I don't spray the perfume directly into my hair or anything. My hair never turned stark green, or fell out, or got FRIED, or even dried out from this.
    You could make your own mix with EO's and water but that is not that simple if you don't just have a few different EO's laying around. They are a bit expensive.
    Maybe a diluted ACV rinse would help? I notice that acv helps with a lot of random unpleasant smells.
    I agree with this (it won't do anything bad to your hair! In fact I think I might try your method Akilina.) But I don't think it will cover up a Rotten eggs + 1 smell.

I would try a DT or the coconut milk that Kittykins suggested.

It takes a week for the henna smell to fully go away (I like the henna smell though, I can't imagine if it were a smell I DIDN'T like!) and that's with washing EVERY day.

Shoulder--APL--BSL--Waist--Tailbone+
    Disc bun tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1YzsZ_s-U4

Length
    18?/24/27
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Oh yes it is definitely a quite strong smell to say the least lol! Pew..its bad. Ive used color oops so many times in my life so far. The thing that was the best was using henna after the oops...no bad smell at all left. I do miss the smell of henna....
    I found that some perfume would just help with temporary relief of the smell so you can at least stand your own stench.
    I am glad someone else agrees that this idea is not so bad at all. Some people have completely shut down the idea like its terribly absurd and just the worst thing ever. Its not like you spray it into your scalp or directly douse your hair in it.
    It really helps when I have been smoking or cooking something really strong (or frying something).
    Taking an LHC break.

Length
    SL/CL+/WL+
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by akilina View Post
    Oh yes it is definitely a quite strong smell to say the least lol! Pew..its bad. Ive used color oops so many times in my life so far. The thing that was the best was using henna after the oops...no bad smell at all left. I do miss the smell of henna....
    I found that some perfume would just help with temporary relief of the smell so you can at least stand your own stench.
    I am glad someone else agrees that this idea is not so bad at all. Some people have completely shut down the idea like its terribly absurd and just the worst thing ever. Its not like you spray it into your scalp or directly douse your hair in it.
    It really helps when I have been smoking or cooking something really strong (or frying something).
    I used to apply body spray by spraying it in the air and walking through it. Got all over me, including my hair.

Yea, drenching your hair in it isn't good. But it can't possibly be worse than conventional hairspray, even if you DID! (not that I think hairspray is all that good, and I don't use it.)

Shoulder--APL--BSL--Waist--Tailbone+
    Disc bun tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1YzsZ_s-U4

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    pixie/26/term
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I found the stench stuck to my hair for almost 3 weeks, and was worst when my hair was wet. It will fade, but it was pretty sickening to me too. I tried a few deep treatments, and it still stuck around. Oh god, to henna again right after? Dang, right back into the frying pan!! ::shudders::

Maybe a heavy oiling, left on overnight? Then wash out and use a really smelly conditioner, the smelliest I've used is VO5 Shea Cashmere, it so heavily fragranced I can't stand using it to co-wash.

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

If you want to go with a strong smelling conditioner like jillosity suggests, Curl Junkie Strengthening conditioner is super strong smelling too, as is the Shea Moisture Yucca Baobab. Stays in your hairs for days...

Length
    23.75/24/30
    Type
    2a/F/i

It takes a couple of weeks for the smell to go away. It will be worse when wet. I tried the coconut milk suggestion and it worked a bit, but it was still stinky when wet. I did one at the beginning of December and only really in the last week or so stopped noticing it in the shower.

Henna gone, at APL now!
    You often meet your destiny on the road you've taken to avoid it

Length
    birth/CLASS/long
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Henna took away the smell for me,gosh that color oops stinks so much,,like the pits of hell and it stayed with me for over a week.