View Poll Results: Why do you want long hair? Select all that apply.

Voters
1248. You may not vote on this poll
  • So that I can wear nothing, yet cover everything with my hair

328 26.28%
  • I want to look like a mermaid/elf/mythical creature/princess/anime character/Renaissance painting

743 59.54%
  • To defy cultural stereotypes and expectations

341 27.32%
  • I want to be able to use my hair as a weapon

173 13.86%
  • For warmth, to wear as a blanket/coat/scarf

220 17.63%
  • I really want to become (or now enjoy being) an old woman with long, flowing silver/white hair

469 37.58%
  • I like big buns and I cannot lie!

379 30.37%
  • I love the feeling of my hair brushing against my body, lower and lower down

601 48.16%
  • To prove (to myself or others) that I can, or out of a sense of competition or defiance

455 36.46%
  • To look more femme, and less butch or boyish

379 30.37%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: You want long hair WHY? Weird.

Length
    2"/APL/Hip
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

Default Re: You want long hair WHY? Weird.

I want to look like a mermaid/elf/mythical creature/princess/anime character/Renaissance painting
    I marked this one, though perhaps less important for me, but I do fancy a bit of an elvish look.

For warmth, to wear as a blanket/coat/scarf
    Definitely a bonus in the winter.

I love the feeling of my hair brushing against my body, lower and lower down
    This is probably not number one, but a very close second. I love feeling my hair on my back and shoulders and the weight and movement of it.

To prove (to myself or others) that I can, or out of a sense of competition or defiance and/or To defy cultural stereotypes and expectations
    I have wanted long hair my whole life and finally was able to grow it out and prove to myself I could do it. I was never really proving anything to anyone else, but I do like standing out a bit and breaking some stereotypes, which isn't hard to do around here as a guy with long hair, let alone waist length hair.

The biggest thing for me is (as others have also said) that I feel like myself with long hair. Short hair just isn't me. It doesn't feel like me and it doesn't look like me. I remember finally feeling like my hair reflected how I saw myself in my mind.

Length
    ShgLp/Precl/term?
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I want to look like a mermaid/elf/mythical creature/princess/anime character/Renaissance painting

To defy cultural stereotypes and expectations

I really want to become (or now enjoy being) an old woman with long, flowing silver/white hair

I like big buns and I cannot lie!

To prove (to myself or others) that I can, or out of a sense of competition or defiance

To look more femme, and less butch or boyish
    Well I don't have [volume on the] crown because I'm not a queen.

Length
    ear/wl/tbl
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

On the topic of "I want to look like a mermaid/elf/mythical creature/princess/anime character/Renaissance painting," and "To look more femme, and less butch or boyish."

To me, long hair seems less feminine than it does fae. (For example, elf men with long hair.)

I love having long hair to put into buns and braids. I also love being able to sit at my vanity and brush it out like a disney princess.

Length
    SL/APL/WL
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

So that I can wear nothing, yet cover everything with my hair
    I love having that sense of security with long hair

YES. I seriously want to look like I just walked out of a medieval/fantasy world ruled by magic. I want to look otherworldly

I love the feeling of my hair brushing against my body, lower and lower down
    This is kind of the same as the first one, it gives me a sense of security.

To look more femme, and less butch or boyish
    This is a big one for me. Even on my most femininely dressed days it's really not that feminine. Having long hair adds a balance to my overall look

Length
    0"/MBL/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii/iii

I'm so happy that looking like an anime character was added to this poll. I'm embarrassed to admit it but I'm pretty sure my longing to grow my hair out again was HEAVILY influenced by playing Love Nikki.