View Poll Results: Why do you want long hair? Select all that apply.

Voters
1304. You may not vote on this poll
  • So that I can wear nothing, yet cover everything with my hair

344 26.38%
  • I want to look like a mermaid/elf/mythical creature/princess/anime character/Renaissance painting

781 59.89%
  • To defy cultural stereotypes and expectations

359 27.53%
  • I want to be able to use my hair as a weapon

184 14.11%
  • For warmth, to wear as a blanket/coat/scarf

232 17.79%
  • I really want to become (or now enjoy being) an old woman with long, flowing silver/white hair

493 37.81%
  • I like big buns and I cannot lie!

392 30.06%
  • I love the feeling of my hair brushing against my body, lower and lower down

626 48.01%
  • To prove (to myself or others) that I can, or out of a sense of competition or defiance

480 36.81%
  • To look more femme, and less butch or boyish

393 30.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: You want long hair WHY? Weird.

Type
    1a/F/i

Default Re: You want long hair WHY? Weird.

To not be stereotype I chose, but also I could've ticked defiance.

Length
    34 tb/44 mt/50 kn
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

I selected them all. ; )

Length
    21/9/40
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Long hair is sexy as heck! That's why I want it!

Length
    19/38/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Most of the above, actually! But I've also thought of another reason: because you never know what the future may hold: people lose their hair for all sorts of reasons - cancer treatment, stress, genetics . . . "grow it while you've got it!!" as my old 'A' Level English Teacher Mr Cammish used to tell us. (especially the boys! Bless him, he must have started losing his hair in his late 20's/ early 30's.) If your're lucky, your hair will stay thick and healthy until your're 90. But you just never know!

Length
    13-15/29/32-40
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

-I want to look like a mermaid/elf/mythical creature/princess/anime character/Renaissance painting
    -For warmth, to wear as a blanket/coat/scarf
    -I love the feeling of my hair brushing against my body, lower and lower down

Plus it's going to be a REALLY big "take that" to all the magazines and stylists who say small people shouldn't have long hair.
    Last edited by Sharysa; February 4th, 2013 at 10:40 PM.
    Length: Hip-length waves (May 2014) || Optional: TBL - Classic

Lady Ursa, Daughter of the Sea, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.

Length
    12 in/30 in/term.

I have to giggle at some of the responses! I voted: So that I can wear nothing, yet cover everything with my hair, and, I love the feeling of my hair brushing against my body, lower and lower down.
    My hair is just a bit past knee at this point. Those who know me, know that I am very modest, and I tend to dress very conservatively, so my tale is very odd for me.
    The Bible does say that a woman’s long hair is given to her for a covering. I really believe that, as you will see.
    Last October, DH and I went backbacking in a remote canyon with no one else around. As the weather was still warm, we decided to go skinnydipping. I put my hair in a bun, and we had a wonderful time.
    After we got out, for some reason, we just didn’t get dressed. I let my hair down, and we spent the rest of the afternoon ala Adam and Eve. The feeling of my hair caressing my body was absolutely delicious!
    We even went for a hike, a mile or two further up the trail. Luckily we didn’t encounter anybody. If we did, I would have been “covered” but DH would have been out of luck! All afternoon, he kept teasing me and calling me, “Lady Godiva”.
    We had a marvelous time! Being rather timid and shy, I was glad we didn’t run into anyone else. Now,I occasionally will be Lady Godiva at home for him. I just need to make sure it is DH at the door and not the UPS guy!
    We look forward to more Adam and Eve moments; I just am not ready yet to take up horseback riding!

Length
    17/23/29
    Type
    3c/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Braidmaid View Post
    I have to giggle at some of the responses! I voted: So that I can wear nothing, yet cover everything with my hair, and, I love the feeling of my hair brushing against my body, lower and lower down.
    My hair is just a bit past knee at this point. Those who know me, know that I am very modest, and I tend to dress very conservatively, so my tale is very odd for me.
    The Bible does say that a woman’s long hair is given to her for a covering. I really believe that, as you will see.
    Last October, DH and I went backbacking in a remote canyon with no one else around. As the weather was still warm, we decided to go skinnydipping. I put my hair in a bun, and we had a wonderful time.
    After we got out, for some reason, we just didn’t get dressed. I let my hair down, and we spent the rest of the afternoon ala Adam and Eve. The feeling of my hair caressing my body was absolutely delicious!
    We even went for a hike, a mile or two further up the trail. Luckily we didn’t encounter anybody. If we did, I would have been “covered” but DH would have been out of luck! All afternoon, he kept teasing me and calling me, “Lady Godiva”.
    We had a marvelous time! Being rather timid and shy, I was glad we didn’t run into anyone else. Now,I occasionally will be Lady Godiva at home for him. I just need to make sure it is DH at the door and not the UPS guy!
    We look forward to more Adam and Eve moments; I just am not ready yet to take up horseback riding!
    Love this post! To me, this is how is meant to be--man and wife, like Adam and Eve, intimate together. I'm glad your hair was part of it!

Length
    Pixie/3"/20"
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I picked many, but my main two are because I want big buns/awesome updos, and because I want to look more feminine (I have a boyish figure, which I hope long hair will balance out).
    Last edited by sunshine-locks; January 23rd, 2013 at 03:23 PM.
    .. with biscuit skin and hair as long as the sound of honey..
    Pixie Chin Shoulder APL BSL Waist!

Length
    17"/iliac/44"
    Type
    3a/M/ii

Julia Stiles in 10 Things I Hate About You, and I very much want to be an old lady with long silver hair. I'm only 28 now so I've got a long time, but long silver hair is gorgeous and so rare.

Length
    Chin/TBL/44+
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii

Mr.J.W.Waterhouse - it's all your fault!
    <--Growing wavy virgin TBL hair, with long compact cut layers to Classic. 2b/M/C/ii low porosity.