Thread: What is the perfect hair diet? From your experiences?

Default What is the perfect hair diet? From your experiences?

I eat very healthy for my hair, skin. I take hair, skin, and nails vitamin and an Iron supplement. I eat eggs, salads, tomatoes, fruits, mixed nuts... what else can I incorporate in my diet? Any super foods?
    My goal is to grow to my waist. Thank you!

Length
    -/TB/Knee
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Default Re: What is the perfect hair diet? From your experiences?

Protein for breakfast did wonders for my hair.
    1c/2a - F - ii/iii - Bottle Blonde since 2010
    TB Classic FT Knee
    Stuck at TB for four years due to undetected breakage.

Length
    SL/FTL/FTL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I'm vegetarian and eat very healthy. So, lots of fruits and vegetables. Lots! I love berries. Frozen fruit and veggies are great when fresh isn't available. Also, for protein, I eat lots of tofu, beans, nuts, and grains like quinoa. Almond and soy milk too. I can't eat wheat or gluten, but I found gluten-free oatmeal, and I have that all the time. I take a good multi-vitamin (Deva brand vegan vitamins) and also whey protein isolate every morning with breakfast. I drink a metric ton of water. No sodas, unless I'm at a movie theater and then I have it to wash down my super-healthy, extra-buttery popcorn I cook with olive oil, sesame oil, almond oil, etc. I rarely cook with butter. I rarely even bake with it, but for some things I do. Also, I use Braggs amino acids in a lot of my foods.

Basically, a good, healthy diet with plenty of fresh produce, and the least amount of processed foods you can manage, along with healthy amounts of water and exercise will help you grow beautiful hair (and skin, and nails.) Natural oils are wonderful. (Avacados, nuts, olive oils) Multi-vitamins and added protein supplements are great when needed. Since I climb, the added protein was necessary for muscle recovery. All-over health = better hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrindi View Post
    I'm vegetarian and eat very healthy. So, lots of fruits and vegetables. Lots! I love berries. Frozen fruit and veggies are great when fresh isn't available. Also, for protein, I eat lots of tofu, beans, nuts, and grains like quinoa. Almond and soy milk too. I can't eat wheat or gluten, but I found gluten-free oatmeal, and I have that all the time. I take a good multi-vitamin (Deva brand vegan vitamins) and also whey protein isolate every morning with breakfast. I drink a metric ton of water. No sodas, unless I'm at a movie theater and then I have it to wash down my super-healthy, extra-buttery popcorn I cook with olive oil, sesame oil, almond oil, etc. I rarely cook with butter. I rarely even bake with it, but for some things I do. Also, I use Braggs amino acids in a lot of my foods.

Basically, a good, healthy diet with plenty of fresh produce, and the least amount of processed foods you can manage, along with healthy amounts of water and exercise will help you grow beautiful hair (and skin, and nails.) Natural oils are wonderful. (Avacados, nuts, olive oils) Multi-vitamins and added protein supplements are great when needed. Since I climb, the added protein was necessary for muscle recovery. All-over health = better hair.
    Sounds wonderful! I am going to definitely going to try and eat as healthy as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrindi View Post

Sounds wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by Fantak View Post
    Protein for breakfast did wonders for my hair.
    I agree. I usually eat eggs and nuts for breakfast.

The magical Forest In David Bowie's Tights
    Length
    TBL/BSL/APL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

I always eat a ton of protein- tofu, meat, nuts...

Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Curly Girl Method!! Longest Length: Bum Length Current: BSL Goal: Shorter

Type
    1c/C/iii

From my personal experience...the Atkins diet made my hair grow strong and fast. The roots felt like they were embedded in iron cores (if that makes sense) and my shedding was very low. From a whole health perspective, Atkins was not good for me, but purely from a hair perspective, it was the best.
    Amo, amas, amat, amodimethicone, ammonium laureth sulphate....I'm feeling the love .

Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

I love oatmeal, slim fast powder and milk. I did that along with a piece of fried chicken every night.

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com

Length
    Chin/BSL/Floor
    Type
    3c/4a/M/C/ii

I try to at least meet my daily vitamin and mineral recs for my age/weight/height but your diet sounds great already!

In my case, I rotate powerhouse greens from different families into my smoothies like collards and kale and chard and dandelion, I find time to munch on my favorite French cheeses for protein and calcium (époisses especially!) and am returning to protein shakes, I add an assortment of fruits to my smoothies and snack on any number of them, I'm lousy with beans and grains but I'm trying to throw in a soup or casserole weekly and though seafood and meats weren't on your list I'm partial to prosciutto for protein (and flavor!) and sardines for b12 and D though they have high sodium counts - I'm also trying to learn how to make sardine stuffed grape leaves!

I've honestly found that making an effort to get the most variety of vit/mins in my diet including sunlight, yoga, pilates and massage and releasing toxins (*ahem*) through diet and exercise keeps my hair super strong and growing like a weed!

Also, biotin kept my hair and nails like diamond strong so I'm thinking of going back to it.