Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Show me your hair toy collection! How do you store/organize everything?

Default Re: Show me your hair toy collection! How do you store/organize everything?

Quote Originally Posted by divine_light View Post
    It is special wool-fleece (pure wool) for felting. In german it es called "Märchenwolle". You can get it nature-colored and synthetic-colored. You need an elastic hairband and make many long feltings which you knot round the band
    Oh that's cute
    Thanks for explaining and the action pic!

Length
    22"/33+/???
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Default Re: Show me your hair toy collection! How do you store/organize everything?

Wow! what a gorgeous collection, I've never seen anything like the giant wooden spin pins before; How easy do you find they are to work with? and where can I find some!?

Length
    15/47/48
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

My collection, just realized I forgot my seahorse stick in this pic! I keep mean in cups/small vases. I have an organizer made by teal that I use when traveling.

APL~BSL~WL~HL~BCL~TBL~CL!!!
    Lady Arete of The Waltzing Blades in The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    bsl/waist/ftl
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Arete View Post
    My collection, just realized I forgot my seahorse stick in this pic! I keep mean in cups/small vases. I have an organizer made by teal that I use when traveling.

That's awesome. I specially like the last two from the top row, #5 and #8 second row, and #2, #3 and #4 bottom row. And the seahorse, of course!
    Don't you know this tale
    In which all I ever wanted
    I'll never have?

...My vanity’s a mess... desisparkles's Avatar
    Length
    20/45 CL/Thigh
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I found this hanging jewelry organiser and makeup storage at Ross and I love them!

https://imgur.com/a/sJ3EXup
    Super fine and delicate
    Dye & heat free circa 2017
    Senna has turned my silvers to gold - give me all the metals

Length
    SL/TBL/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

That jewelry organizer is so neat! Great finds, desi

Length
    BSL/WL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/i/ii

Here's my collection!

Until now it was stored in the packaging I received the hairtoys in, crammed into a larger box. This meant I always used the same couple of hairtoys that were out, and never went rummaging for the stored ones. I'm now working on converting a wooden sewing box into a hairtoy storage box, so that should help!
    A lurker who loves swaps

Quote Originally Posted by Hailwidis View Post
    Here's my collection!

Until now it was stored in the packaging I received the hairtoys in, crammed into a larger box. This meant I always used the same couple of hairtoys that were out, and never went rummaging for the stored ones. I'm now working on converting a wooden sewing box into a hairtoy storage box, so that should help!
    Beautiful collection! I like how there's a little bit of everything.
    Can't wait to see your sewing box! Is it a foldout one?
    Much love to all my fellow long hair peoples!

~ ~

Length
    Buzz/Pixie/Happy
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Rise and shine sleepy thread!!!

Today I was taking a thorough inventory of every single thing I wear on my body, which of course included my hair toys.
    I counted 39 total hair toys, not counting anyting I consider exclusively belonging to my wife. We do share quite a few things though. At the moment my hair is too short for a couple of them, and I know as my hair grows my collection will expand a little bit, because the only "stick" I own is the pencil made from recycled plastic and I really want a fork

We store most of our hair toys on this shoelace thing we hung in our closet above our mirror. My wife keeps her elastic headbands in a tupperware in the desk drawer for her convenience though. She rarely uses anything else besides that plumeria clip (which doesn't look good on me so is exclusively hers.)

Just trying to get by

Length
    2/13/52
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

Just downsized from a bookshelf (because the busy mom next door who needed hair help moved away and I need more space for D&D minis) so I set up this door rack. The top tray has scissors and combs, the talenti jars are all my pins and hairties, and the hanging planters have sticks and forks. the organizer has oddball supply's like topsytails, curlers, shower caps and a heat cap. The net bags have parrandas one one side and hair towel on the other.
    I don't use many liquids as of late, so they just stay in the shower.
    Last edited by SwanFeathers; July 24th, 2020 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Spelling error