Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758

Thread: The Hair Oils Thread

Default Re: The Hair Oils Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Neoma View Post
    Thank you for your recommendation, JasminxCat! I dearly love coconut oil, but "less oily" sounds very intriguing.

Another vote for babassu oil here! I can oil my hair heavily on wash day, and then just shampoo and condition (i.e. no need to use a conditioner to help lift the oil before I shampoo). It has never made my hair look oily, and that’s amazing for me because my hair is prone to looking stringy with any other oil. It doesn’t irritate my skin either. Love the stuff
    Last edited by Lady Stardust; April 18th, 2021 at 04:46 PM.

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
    Another vote fo babassu oil here! I can oil my hair heavily on wash day, and then just shampoo and condition (i.e. no need to use a conditioner to help lift the oil before I shampoo). It has never made my hair look oily, and that’s amazing for me because my hair is prone to looking stringy with any other oil. It doesn’t irritate my skin either. Love the stuff
    That's remarkable, Lady Stardust! Now I want to buy some. I always have to condition out oil before I shampoo.

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

Quote Originally Posted by Neoma View Post
    That's remarkable, Lady Stardust! Now I want to buy some. I always have to condition out oil before I shampoo.
    I know, it saves a load of conditioner! It feels like it’s not going to work while I’m washing it, as though it’s going to be oily, but it dries beautifully.

I stand corrected, it is possible to overdo babassu oil! I used some before shampooing my daughter’s hair and it’s oily today. It makes her plait look good though!

Maybe because I use baby shampoo on her and only shampoo once? I hope it settles down and absorbs over the next day or two because my daughter hates having her hair washed.

The journey continues Eastbound&Down's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/SL/Hip
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
    I know, it saves a load of conditioner! It feels like it’s not going to work while I’m washing it, as though it’s going to be oily, but it dries beautifully.
    I use Aussie 3 minute miracle for my first conditioner, then follow with diluted Herbal Essence Hello Hydration shampoo and conditioner (full strength). I feel like I don't use a ton of conditioner although at this point my hair is still rather short.
    CL(14")~SL(15")~APL(21")~BSL(25")~WL(27")~HL(30")
    Last cut 11 Jan '21 ~ Last dye 29 Apr '21

Length
    Hip/TBL+/CL+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I had been wanting to try babassu oil for a while already, but this thread finally convinced me about it. I've placed an order for 60 ml of the stuff. Can't wait to try it out!
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.