Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 564

Thread: The Hair Oils Thread

  1. #531
    Member ArtOfNoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    A cliff under a tree
    Posts
    325
    Length
    CBL/WL/TBD
    Type
    1b/M/ii

    Default Re: The Hair Oils Thread

    Ok, I have done further research, and now have a revised list of questions (sorry for the back and forth, I guess my previous post was a bit premature )

    1) Are there specific oils that work better than others while in a mixture?
    2) Are there oils I SHOULDN'T mix together?
    3) Is EVOO just good to protect the natural oils in the hair shaft and scalp, or does it serve another purpose?
    4) When Products say they "nourish" the hair, is that a real claim or is it just hot air? Or should I say, what does it mean for a product to "nourish" the hair?
    29"
    Thinking Long Hair Thoughts

  2. #532
    Member JasminxCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    666
    Length
    APL/MBL/TBL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

    Default Re: The Hair Oils Thread

    Decided to buy avocado oil after reading here a bit the other day. I wanted something that was as penetrating as coconut oil, but wouldn't give me the same brittle feeling like coconut does. It's very moisturizing, my hair and skin absorb it like a sponge and it feels very silky. Love, love, love!

  3. #533
    The journey continues Eastbound&Down's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,456
    Length
    Chin/SL/Hip
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

    Default Re: The Hair Oils Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JasminxCat View Post
    Decided to buy avocado oil after reading here a bit the other day. I wanted something that was as penetrating as coconut oil, but wouldn't give me the same brittle feeling like coconut does. It's very moisturizing, my hair and skin absorb it like a sponge and it feels very silky. Love, love, love!
    I just used avocado oil for the first time! Did an overnight treatment and have it up in some twists for the day. Curious what my hair feels like once it finally dries, probably won't know until tomorrow morning.

  4. #534
    Member ipickee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oasis in the desert
    Posts
    400
    Length
    Bald/5"/Floor
    Type
    2a/M/ii

    Default Re: The Hair Oils Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Handel'sWig View Post
    I’ve been wanting to try coconut oil because I know a lot of people swear by it for hair, but I really hate the smell of coconut...
    Also, if you premix it just a bit, and add a drop or two of lavender EO (or a diff one that you like), it helps
    Lady Alcithoe, Weaver of the Silken Strands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    Start: Aug.2020
    Bald-Chin-Neck-Shldr-BSL-Waist-Hip-TB-Classic-FTL


  5. #535
    The journey continues Eastbound&Down's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,456
    Length
    Chin/SL/Hip
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

    Default Re: The Hair Oils Thread

    Has anyone used sesame oil? I saw something on pinterest and I never thought of using it on hair, but apparently its a thing?

  6. #536
    Member ArtOfNoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    A cliff under a tree
    Posts
    325
    Length
    CBL/WL/TBD
    Type
    1b/M/ii

    Default Re: The Hair Oils Thread




    Can I get some opinions on this? I'm curious because it seems like a fun project/spa day opportunity.
    29"
    Thinking Long Hair Thoughts

  7. #537
    Member foreveryours's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Where no man has gone before
    Posts
    234
    Length
    scalp/50/???
    Type
    1b/M/ii

    Default Re: The Hair Oils Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ArtOfNoot View Post



    Can I get some opinions on this? I'm curious because it seems like a fun project/spa day opportunity.
    Perhaps the oil (a polar hydrocarbon) extracts caffeine from the grounds. Caffeine has been shown to be beneficial for hair growth at come concentrations. See discussion for example
    https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...d.php?t=121903
    Her hair's a beautiful color so it must work
    scalp > SL > MBL > WL > TBL > FTL > LHC > ???



  8. #538
    Member ArtOfNoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    A cliff under a tree
    Posts
    325
    Length
    CBL/WL/TBD
    Type
    1b/M/ii

    Default Re: The Hair Oils Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by foreveryours View Post
    Perhaps the oil (a polar hydrocarbon) extracts caffeine from the grounds. Caffeine has been shown to be beneficial for hair growth at come concentrations. See discussion for example
    https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...d.php?t=121903
    Her hair's a beautiful color so it must work
    !!! thank you
    29"
    Thinking Long Hair Thoughts

  9. #539
    Obsessive Oilaholic ChloeDharma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    london
    Age
    43
    Posts
    6,385
    Type
    1b/F/ii

    Default Re: The Hair Oils Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Eastbound&Down View Post
    Has anyone used sesame oil? I saw something on pinterest and I never thought of using it on hair, but apparently its a thing?
    In traditional recipes like mahabhringraj oil sesame is often combined with coconut oil as the base to extract the herbs into.
    The heart would have no rainbow, had the eyes no tears.

  10. #540

    Default Re: The Hair Oils Thread

    This thread is super informative. Thank you!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •