Page 220 of 290 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230270 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 2900

Thread: What did you eat for your hair today?

Length
    Chin/CLSC/FTL
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Default Re: What did you eat for your hair today?

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    It certainly does contain protein, but just because something contains protein doesn't yet mean we can utilise it. That depends on the specific amino acid profile. Peanuts, like most legumes, are low in methionine, so combining them with, say, eggs, meat or fish, would increase the amount of protein you can utilise by complementing the amino acid profile. Whether that makes for a tasty combination or not is not something I will comment on, though.
    Bwahahaha! This is great. I can’t decide if I want to picture something more normal (like chicken satay or peanut butter pasta) or a crazy Doctor Who kind of mashup. Probably more the latter!

I munched on arugula, basil, and cilantro while I watered the garden. I told myself I was only eating one bite of arugula to see how it was faring, but somehow it turned into an outright feast.
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Daily wash and go, monthly henndigo, annual trimmer

Length
    26 in/32 in/32 in
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

It certainly does contain protein, but just because something contains protein doesn't yet mean we can utilise it. That depends on the specific amino acid profile. Peanuts, like most legumes, are low in methionine, so combining them with, say, eggs, meat or fish, would increase the amount of protein you can utilise by complementing the amino acid profile. Whether that makes for a tasty combination or not is not something I will comment on, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by foreveryours View Post
    Peanut butter is an excellent source of protein (20% by weight)!
    I absolutely love peanut butter, but I know even though it is high in protein it is hard to digest, especially for me. I do eat either eggs or fish just about every day, just not in the same meal, hahaha. Dh thinks I am nuts sometimes about eggs. I do really like them. Today I ate 6. I think I am a bit of a pig. Today large bowl of oatmeal with a handful of dried wild plums, wild harvested everlasting pea shoots sauteed in butter, large bowl of sweet potatoes, also covered in butter, small dark chocolate bark with peanut butter, and 6 boiled eggs plus D3, iron, and magnesium.

Yesterday I ate a chicken ham sandwich with cheese (seems like this is my go to breakfast for the last few days), baked sweet potatoes for lunch and two wraps with eggs and an yogurt-based sauce. I also had a big bowl of strawberries and grapes.

Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by C_Bookworm View Post
    Bwahahaha! This is great. I can’t decide if I want to picture something more normal (like chicken satay or peanut butter pasta) or a crazy Doctor Who kind of mashup. Probably more the latter!

I munched on arugula, basil, and cilantro while I watered the garden. I told myself I was only eating one bite of arugula to see how it was faring, but somehow it turned into an outright feast.
    I will absolutely eat cilantro as a salad, yum!

The betrayal I felt when I found out that Matt Smith ate coconut pastries with custard instead of actual fish fingers... it's something I tried and thought was decent, but I'm always up for weird combos like that.

Though now I want chicken satay, darn it!

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./72"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

True, it's not a complete protein source and some are dangerously allergic to the proteins in it.
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+

Length
    19"/37.5"/44"
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

Collagen powder 🤢

Length
    BSL/FTL/?
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Well I read that parsley is a great source of iron. Also iron deficiency is one of the most common reasons for hair loss apparently (not dealing with that, knocks on wood)

Recently, my absolute crazy obsession is tabbouleh, Arabic salad made from parsley, mint, tomatoes, bulgur, lemon and other seasonings. I can't get enough of that thing!

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./72"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lakhesis View Post
    Well I read that parsley is a great source of iron. Also iron deficiency is one of the most common reasons for hair loss apparently (not dealing with that, knocks on wood)

Recently, my absolute crazy obsession is tabbouleh, Arabic salad made from parsley, mint, tomatoes, bulgur, lemon and other seasonings. I can't get enough of that thing!
    Dried apricots are good for iron too
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+

Length
    Chin/CLSC/FTL
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by FrayedFire View Post
    I will absolutely eat cilantro as a salad, yum!

The betrayal I felt when I found out that Matt Smith ate coconut pastries with custard instead of actual fish fingers... it's something I tried and thought was decent, but I'm always up for weird combos like that.

Though now I want chicken satay, darn it!
    What?! Oh Matt, I’m disappointed in that. I wanted him to lean in 11, hard. Such an amazing character. And I agree, it’s always worth trying weird combos to see what works!

Today’s hair food: granola on Greek yogurt, and another munching of cilantro/basil/arugula.
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Daily wash and go, monthly henndigo, annual trimmer

Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by C_Bookworm View Post
    What?! Oh Matt, I’m disappointed in that. I wanted him to lean in 11, hard. Such an amazing character. And I agree, it’s always worth trying weird combos to see what works!

Today’s hair food: granola on Greek yogurt, and another munching of cilantro/basil/arugula.
    I will give him credit that he went back and tried it! Also love him, all the doctors are good, but he was the first one I *waited* for and got to watch as episodes were being released, so he has a special place in my heart. Chameleon Circuit did a bunch of songs for his plot line, if you wanna check it out, I even learned one on ukulele.

Food for tonight is still being decided, but I'm thinking about oatmeal with added chia seeds, and maybe something with peanut butter... perhaps some apple slices... Earlier I had lentil soup!