Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hair growth time

Default Hair growth time

Hi, I'm new here. I'm growing my hair for the first time from shoulder length and I wanted to know how long will it take to grow from shoulder to waist length? Any body want to share their experiences on how they grew out their shoulder length hair. Any tips that worked for you

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Hair growth time

Quote Originally Posted by cutie-pie View Post
    Hi, I'm new here. I'm growing my hair for the first time from shoulder length and I wanted to know how long will it take to grow from shoulder to waist length? Any body want to share their experiences on how they grew out their shoulder length hair. Any tips that worked for you
    Do you know how much your own hair grows per month? Normal average growth is 1/2 inch a month, so measure the inches from *your own* shoulder to *your own* waist, then go calculating. Everyone's measurements will be different!

HTH!

Welcome!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Thank you Lapushka, my hair grows 1 centimeter a month.

Length
    20"/28.5"/48"
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Welcome!!

There are some fantastic resources here for ways to care well for your hair, which can help it to "grow faster", because it isn't breaking off at the ends. It isn't actually growing at a faster rate, but you can end up retaining more length because there's less damage to the hair. How you brush your hair, even, can make a tremendous difference in the quality of your hair. Avoid unnecessary trims, drink plenty of water. . . I use a leave-in conditioner (one of my favorites is L'Oreal Paris Elvive No Hair Cut Cream) on the last few inches of my hair especially, since that's the oldest part of the hair and is more likely to be damaged.

The biggest thing for me is to just enjoy the journey. I don't want to constantly be wishing that my hair was longer - I prefer to enjoy it where it is at each length. I hope you find plenty of inspiration here! There's a lot of support and information available.
    No trims for the rest of 2021.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I would say give it a good 2 years.

Length
    APL/MBL/Hip
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

With no trims? For me I'd say a good 2 years. With trims, 3 years. With an average growth rate

It also depends on height and body measurements indicating your next milestones. I'm 5'4
    Last edited by JasminxCat; January 13th, 2022 at 04:13 PM.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Thank you Lapushka, my hair grows 1 centimeter a month.
    Have you measured yet? Best way to tell for sure!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Thank you so much. Lots of good advice. Yes, I agree this forum is amazing. I have learned so much. I haven't trimmed my hair since 2020. I'm lucky I don't get split ends. I always keep my hair in braids. I learned about scritch washing and I'm currently experimenting washing hair once a month with shampoo and oil rinsing the hair.

I’d say about a year and half to 2 years. I’m not sure but if you look at my previous thread my hair was cut of by a hairdresser I’m not sure when it was but my hair is to my lower back now from my shoulders so if you look into my last posts you will know how long roughly it will take however! Everyone is different i know i have fast growing hair.

Oh ok, yeah I think it will be a while. I'm never cutting my hair again this short. I had such beautiful hair when I was a child, back when mum would take care of it 😔. They were tail bone length before I cut it.