Page 3 of 287 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you eat for your hair today?

Length
    18?/24/27
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Default Re: What did you eat for your hair today?

Mostly everything I eat is probably good for hair growth..I just ate a salad with beans in it, peppers, cauliflower, cucumber, purple carrots, and lots of hot sauce. <3 Im sure the beans were good for it because of the protein, and random veggies are just good for you in general.
    Taking an LHC break.

Length
    0.5/19/28
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i/ii

I made a homemade salsa.... 10-12 small tomatoes, 3-4 onions, a jalapeno, 1/3 of a serrano pepper, lime juice from 1 lime, and 1 batch of cilantro all mixed together. Very good stuff
    I am thinking all those fruits and veggies are good for my hair, but I don't know about the tortilla chips. I have chi-chi's white corn tortilla chips. Does anyone know a healthier tortilla chip than chi-chi's tortilla chips or is that about as healthy as I am going to get concerning salsa?

Length
    15"/16"/TB
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by qijino1236 View Post
    I have chi-chi's white corn tortilla chips. Does anyone know a healthier tortilla chip than chi-chi's tortilla chips or is that about as healthy as I am going to get concerning salsa?
    I know organic corn chips would be your best bet, since most corn products are made using genetically modified corn. :/
    C​L~SL~APL~BSL~WL~HL~TB

Resident metalhead RavennaNight's Avatar
    Length
    bob/35/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

I ate an assortment of nuts. Pecans, cashews, hazelnuts, and almonds. They never put enough pecans in the jar. And pecans by themselves are grotesquely expensive. It's always about shaking the jar to find the good ones among the boring cashews.

Length
    17/24/32
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by akilina View Post
    I also know two people who absolutely swear by beer for hair growth. Both of their hairs grow incredibly fast. It never made a difference for me though (I drink a lot of beer.) I have not drank beer in the last 2 months though and nothing has really changed for me at all.
    Brewer's yeast found in most beers and in Vegemite (yum yum) is high in the Bvitamins essential for hair growth, so there is actual evidence that it can enhance hair growth, an unfortunate side effect is it can also increase the girth of your gut!!
    Here's a quick article I googled about the Brewer's Yeast http://www.ehow.com/facts_5175846_br...ir-growth.html

Length
    21"/23"/Waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I had some leftover chicken for breakfast, an almond, cranberry, and turkey salad for lunch, two apples, and some sunflower/almond butter! :3 I've found that lotsa fresh veggies and fruit is always beneficial for me!
    “Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That’s relativity.” -- Albert Einstein

Length
    23/27/36
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

I had a banana and a hard boiled egg for breakfast. I had cherry tomatoes as a snack. Water and of course my morning vitamins. Lunch was tofurkey sausages with pasta. Dinner I am not sure of yet. But definately a protein shake when I get home. Oh, and I oiled my hair last night so its in a bun today at work.

Length
    23/27/36
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Indigostreams View Post
    I know organic corn chips would be your best bet, since most corn products are made using genetically modified corn. :/
    Ugh, the ugly GMO rears its head.

Type
    1b/F/ii

I went to yum cha for lunch and ate a whole plate of bok choy to myself and then most of the green beans with pork mince as well as prawn dumplings.
    For dinner I had raw salmon and rice with ginger and cucumber.
    It's a tough life eating for your hair

Length
    shldr/APL/APL
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

Got time on my hands today, so been looking at the food labels and being indoors today preparing and eating at times that suit me Eat good food for overall wellbeing.
    Had over half the ammount of protein i plan to consume- so far in the first half of today: 30gm, then dinner will be the last portion:at least 26gm
    After days of eating alot of festive treats im getting back into the healthy pattern again! Started the day with oatmeal with milk and some black grapes, then lunch of shrimp in mayo on toast with an organic salad of romain lettuce, watercress, spinach and rocket. Snacked on Some steamed dumplings containing prawn, squid and chinese chive with chilli sauce and a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice.
    A muller probiotic drink- vanilla flavour, to keep my tum quiet til dinner time.
    Dinner time we're having homemade chicken fajitas(chopped carrot, onion, tomatoes, garlic, green beans and red cabbage) with a green side salad, in corn tortillas ;P
    Last edited by Sunny_side_up; December 29th, 2012 at 07:29 AM.