Sunscreen obsessed weirdo kaydana's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: A Year Without Trims: 2013

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaB View Post
    Somebody talk me out of this.

My hair is longer at the back than the front And I have so many split ends. I have this urge to cut it into a nice even bob. But that would mean going from almost shoulder to chin.

I really want long hair. Please talk me out of this.

Is your hair long enough to wear up? Can't see split ends and length differences in an updo!

If it's not quite long enough for that, fake it. Put your hair in a ponytail or french/dutch braid it (do two that meet at the back if the shorter parts at the front aren't long enough to go into one) and use one of those fake buns you can get (I've seen some really nice ones that weren't hugely expensive). It'll hide the ends and you can get different ones and wear the hair going into it differently so you don't need to wear the same hairstyle every day.

Whatever way you choose to do it, put it up and forget about it. It'll help you avoid the urge to trim and by the end of the year you'll probably be at APL, which anybody out in the real world will consider long. Another year after that and you'll be at your goal length!

I've got an hair cut a week ago can I still join?
    I didn't see the thread before
    But even before reading this I had a similar Idea.
    I got an hair cut (beacuse I had hair too much damaged) and scissors won't see my hair for at least one year.
    Hennahead (again)

Length
    chin/SL/BSL
    Type
    1a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by kaydana View Post

Is your hair long enough to wear up? Can't see split ends and length differences in an updo!

If it's not quite long enough for that, fake it. Put your hair in a ponytail or french/dutch braid it (do two that meet at the back if the shorter parts at the front aren't long enough to go into one) and use one of those fake buns you can get (I've seen some really nice ones that weren't hugely expensive). It'll hide the ends and you can get different ones and wear the hair going into it differently so you don't need to wear the same hairstyle every day.

Whatever way you choose to do it, put it up and forget about it. It'll help you avoid the urge to trim and by the end of the year you'll probably be at APL, which anybody out in the real world will consider long. Another year after that and you'll be at your goal length!
    Ah thank you!!!
    I always have my hair down, hence the obsession about the split ends. I can put my hair in a ponytail but because I have so many layers my ponytail looks so tiny and thin. I really want to learn to braid my hair but I find it difficult on myself. I can do any kind of braid on anyone else but me.

I hendigoed yesterday so my hair looks 'fresh' if that make sense. I just need to learn up-dos or I know I will end up getting a cut

Thank you kaydana for words of encouragement.

Chin>Shoulder>APL>BSL
    Going through an awful shed since june'13, lost more than half the thickness of my ponytail.#stressed

Type
    2c/C/iii

I'm totally in! My last trim was just to shape up in November, so I think I'll be fine for the year :-)

Type
    2c/C/iii

No idea how to edit my post, but I should add that I cut my hair off in an short a-line bob back in Nov. of 2011, and it's been a you-know-what to grow back out so that it's finally longer in the back! It's a few inches past my shoulders now, with long layers.

Length
    APL/BSL/Knee
    Type
    3a/F/M/i/ii

I'm in, as long as S&D doesn't count. I can't afford trims. (Not money wise, LOL.) I have curly hair, and any length I gain is gold to me, lol.

Length
    APL/26/term
    Type
    3b/3c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by longforthis View Post
    I'm in, as long as S&D doesn't count. I can't afford trims. (Not money wise, LOL.) I have curly hair, and any length I gain is gold to me, lol.
    I know that feeling. My hair shrinks up from BSL to shoulder length if I leave it to dry unstretched. Even though my hair grows reasonably quickly, I still don't see so much length. It's sooooo frustrating!!!

Length
    buzz/pixie/long?
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

AnnaB, I totally get you. My hair has tons of split ends in certain places, and I can't help fixating on them. I refuse to cut, though!

Altariel, yah sure it's fine!

The magical Forest In David Bowie's Tights
    Length
    TBL/BSL/APL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

I'm in. Beisdes S&D I won't be trimming.

Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Curly Girl Method!! Longest Length: Bum Length Current: BSL Goal: Shorter

Length
    18"/hip/class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Well ive maintained at waist for 3 years due to thinning ends caused by health problems. I was going to trim twice a year but i am having second thoughts. My last trim was October 26th and normally by now by ends would be starting to thin and look ratty but they look great. I've been weekly s&ding and using catnip to help keep the splits at bay.

I am hoping i can do this and for the first time in 3 years get some growth for once. My plan is grow to just past TB and the trim back to BC length to get the what will be ratty ends in order. I shall reevaluate my ends on a 3 monthly basis and if they are still fairy good, I shall continue onto the next 3 months. I am thinking looking at it as 12 months with no trims ( apart from S&d's) will make me more want to reach for the scissors, but if i do it in baby steps i am more likely to stick to it!!

I also plan to oil my ends daily and continue with catnip, oh and of course wear it up all the time!
    Happy growing everyone and good luck!
    an 8 year journey, with a 3 year stop at waist. Traveling along to classic. F/M 2a/b iii 31.5" January 2013http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ge=7&p=2371372 a year without trims ....trying!